I need your help with finding a good Tv wall mount - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Audioguy1

post #1 of 9 Old 01-14-2020, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I need your help with finding a good Tv wall mount

Hey y’all , so I custom built my basement from the ground up to be a home theater. With the sole intention of having just a projector and a motorized screen . But my wife wants me to put a tv down there for my kid so he can watch tv without having to turn on all the equipment. My issue is that I built the room for the seating to be looking directly at the screen wich comes down over my 60” double doors . So now if I mount a tv it won’t be centered to the seating area . Dose anyone know of a wall mount that will work for a 70” lg tv that will allow me to move it 12-20” to the right while keeping it close to the wall . I know it’s weird but I’m hoping that y’all will be able to help me out with this

Thanks .
Taylor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-14-2020, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra703 View Post
Hey y’all , so I custom built my basement from the ground up to be a home theater. With the sole intention of having just a projector and a motorized screen . But my wife wants me to put a tv down there for my kid so he can watch tv without having to turn on all the equipment. My issue is that I built the room for the seating to be looking directly at the screen wich comes down over my 60” double doors . So now if I mount a tv it won’t be centered to the seating area . Dose anyone know of a wall mount that will work for a 70” lg tv that will allow me to move it 12-20” to the right while keeping it close to the wall . I know it’s weird but I’m hoping that y’all will be able to help me out with this

Thanks .
Taylor
I don't know if this is what you're looking for but maybe something like this?
https://www.sanus.com/en_us/products/mounts/lf228/

The arm plate can be installed off-center to the right. The arm can be extended and swung to the right, up against the wall - just about. Max weight says 135 lbs.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-15-2020, 12:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsandvb View Post
I don't know if this is what you're looking for but maybe something like this?
https://www.sanus.com/en_us/products/mounts/lf228/

The arm plate can be installed off-center to the right. The arm can be extended and swung to the right, up against the wall - just about. Max weight says 135 lbs.
Ouch, $499. I'd look at Monoprice first. Most likely they have one and it will be well under 5 bills.
Maybe something like this for under $60. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8586
125 lb max, concrete, brick or stud mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-15-2020, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

They both sound like good options but now she is worried about if I dot that and extend it infront of the doors that my 3 year old may open them and hit the tv . I was looking at other options for mounts and came across recessed mounts . Would y’all know much about them ? Are they a good investment? I just can’t wait to get my projector and screen haha
post #5 of 9 Old 01-15-2020, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
They both sound like good options but now she is worried about if I dot that and extend it infront of the doors that my 3 year old may open them and hit the tv . I was looking at other options for mounts and came across recessed mounts . Would y’all know much about them ? Are they a good investment? I just can’t wait to get my projector and screen haha
Sorry, I don't know anything about recessed mounts
post #6 of 9 Old 01-16-2020, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsandvb View Post
Sorry, I don't know anything about recessed mounts
I appreciate the response thank you , I had a feeling no one would I can’t find any real reviews on them either . But would you know much about screens , like for instance, my theater room I painted with flat pain and all trim and baseboards in flat to prevent glare around the room from the projector, the only source of non controllable light is the sliding door wich I have black out curtains on the way for . So it’s a dark room and I know there is a difference between screens for theose rooms that work better . But is there a brand of screen that will give me the best picture quality possible with a good high end projector? I ask this one for me and my family to enjoy. But two I am remodeling my house top to bottom as a high end flip and all tech i put in the house will come with it . Iv got 3000 tied up in a custom in ceiling surround sound with speakers that can be aimed at the seating area all cables are ran in tubing and the bulk head has all hook ups form hdmi to cable and power . So I don’t want to put in a cheep screen since it will be coming with the house . And help with this would be appreciated , Best Buy just wasn’t to seek me the most expensive one , not one that will best suit the space
post #7 of 9 Old 01-16-2020, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

Thanks .
Taylor
How bout a rolling stand from kanto. There's a couple in the 300 range(ones on Costco' site).

Best
kantoliving likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-16-2020, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I appreciate the response thank you , I had a feeling no one would I can’t find any real reviews on them either . But would you know much about screens , like for instance, my theater room I painted with flat pain and all trim and baseboards in flat to prevent glare around the room from the projector, the only source of non controllable light is the sliding door wich I have black out curtains on the way for . So it’s a dark room and I know there is a difference between screens for theose rooms that work better . But is there a brand of screen that will give me the best picture quality possible with a good high end projector? I ask this one for me and my family to enjoy. But two I am remodeling my house top to bottom as a high end flip and all tech i put in the house will come with it . Iv got 3000 tied up in a custom in ceiling surround sound with speakers that can be aimed at the seating area all cables are ran in tubing and the bulk head has all hook ups form hdmi to cable and power . So I don’t want to put in a cheep screen since it will be coming with the house . And help with this would be appreciated , Best Buy just wasn’t to seek me the most expensive one , not one that will best suit the space
Sorry, don't know anything about that either.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-20-2020, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about our mounts. The R300 and R500 are recessed and review well. Another user mentioned a cart, not sure if that'd work for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page