2020 85 Inch Vizio P Series Quantum X - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 100Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 235 Old 04-14-2020, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 4,037
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2483 Post(s)
Liked: 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post
You may be correct but the review states, "for 2020 we have the Vizio P Series Quantam X"
That was in the context of discussing that pricing is falling.

What would you pay for a 75-inch Ultra HDTV that's bright enough to handle virtually all high dynamic range programs without having to perform the tone mapping most 4K/HDR sets require? How about $4,000? If it was 2018, that would be a serious answer, but it's 2020 and we now have Vizio's 75-inch P-Series Quantum X, a model that claims to deliver uncompromised HDR performance for just $2,200.

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...ra-hdtv-review
PlanetAVS is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 235 Old 04-14-2020, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
gardennj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post
You may be correct but the review states, "for 2020 we have the Vizio P Series Quantam X"
It's not the 2020 model, and S&V disappoints in letting that slide.

Everything has to be fact-checked now because there's so much info out there, and some is completely fake news.
gardennj is offline  
post #33 of 235 Old 04-20-2020, 02:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I am very interested in this dang thang
cueball73 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 235 Old 04-20-2020, 06:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Northwestern Indiana
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tell me about. 85” or bust. Let’s go!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mystaken, truefan31 and cueball73 like this.
sscroggin is offline  
post #35 of 235 Old 04-21-2020, 12:00 PM
Newbie
 
randy1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 5
This is the tv I am purchasing. Even if I have to wait until black friday, I rather have it before the NFL season starts but this is the Genesis G90 of TVs. Its not the Benz or Bmw or Audi of tvs with the Sony Lg and Samsung 8k screens but its the genesis that gives you everything you need and want but in a affordable name plate. Any news on the release date or review of the 2020 set.
randy1911 is offline  
post #36 of 235 Old 04-21-2020, 04:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardennj View Post
No one really knows what's delayed and what's not. With Sony and Samsung models hitting shelves, the others probably aren't too far behind. Wouldn't do a lot of good to have them on shelves at this point here in the US. What's probably happening is these are going to ship to consumers almost at the same time as early reviewers.

If you look at past year's announcement (you can confirm by looking at Vizio's historical online blog), the 2019 models came out about the third Monday/Tuesday in May. The 2018 model announcements (excluding the 65" PQ) were the second Tuesday in May. In 2017 it was the last Tuesday in April, and then in 2016 it was the 4th Tuesday in March. So Monday night / Tuesday morning (when all the early reviewers can start talking about what they know) seems to be when Vizio strikes. And based on the pattern of the past 4 cycles, it's probably not going to be until right around Father's Day--and that's assuming they aren't further delayed by COVID-19 fallout. So since I'm a betting man, I'll bet the announcement of the new models being available at Vizio.com will come on Tuesday, June 7th.


I hope I'm wrong, and they do it as early as today. But I think it could still be a while. And it wouldn't shock me if the 85" is delayed another month or so until that's available for sale, as they have sometimes delayed the larger screen sizes in past model sales cycles. Again, hope I'm wrong. But that's been the pattern they've employed.



Given the MSRP of Sony's 85" 900H ($3,499) and Samsung's Q80T ($3,799), my guess is the PX-85 is at or below $3,499--especially given if it is a June release, those two competing model's street price will probably be around $3,000 by then. So wouldn't shock me if the MSRP was right at $3,000. TBD.
mpgxsvcd and leoniki like this.
Jeffrey Suchocki is offline  
post #37 of 235 Old 04-21-2020, 04:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Suchocki View Post
If you look at past year's announcement (you can confirm by looking at Vizio's historical online blog), the 2019 models came out about the third Monday/Tuesday in May. The 2018 model announcements (excluding the 65" PQ) were the second Tuesday in May. In 2017 it was the last Tuesday in April, and then in 2016 it was the 4th Tuesday in March. So Monday night / Tuesday morning (when all the early reviewers can start talking about what they know) seems to be when Vizio strikes. And based on the pattern of the past 4 cycles, it's probably not going to be until right around Father's Day--and that's assuming they aren't further delayed by COVID-19 fallout. So since I'm a betting man, I'll bet the announcement of the new models being available at Vizio.com will come on Tuesday, June 7th.


I hope I'm wrong, and they do it as early as today. But I think it could still be a while. And it wouldn't shock me if the 85" is delayed another month or so until that's available for sale, as they have sometimes delayed the larger screen sizes in past model sales cycles. Again, hope I'm wrong. But that's been the pattern they've employed.



Given the MSRP of Sony's 85" 900H ($3,499) and Samsung's Q80T ($3,799), my guess is the PX-85 is at or below $3,499--especially given if it is a June release, those two competing model's street price will probably be around $3,000 by then. So wouldn't shock me if the MSRP was right at $3,000. TBD.

I’d love a 3k retail price out the gate. That would likely mean we’d see some good Black Friday prices. This is the one I’m targeting if the reviews are good once it’s in consumer’s hands....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jpatern1974 is offline  
post #38 of 235 Old 04-21-2020, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
gardennj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatern1974 View Post
I’d love a 3k retail price out the gate. That would likely mean we’d see some good Black Friday prices. This is the one I’m targeting if the reviews are good once it’s in consumer’s hands....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 85” under $3k would be a HUGE seller. Just trying to match Sony or Samsung is not enough. Had the ‘19 versions not had QA and other issues, price-matching would make sense.

Price is critical because a lot of buyers will be happy with 75” for $1k or more less. 85” takes up a lot of wall space compared to a 75” so getting the wifeys to buy in on the 85” probably won’t be happening if the price diff is too large. A 75” over a 65” is an easy sell, but not an 85” over a 75”.

Just sayin....
gardennj is offline  
post #39 of 235 Old 04-22-2020, 09:40 AM
Member
 
genki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Looking forward to this model. Hopefully the new processor fixes some of the issues with last years set. On paper the specs look great!
genki is offline  
post #40 of 235 Old 04-22-2020, 07:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatern1974 View Post
I’d love a 3k retail price out the gate. That would likely mean we’d see some good Black Friday prices. This is the one I’m targeting if the reviews are good once it’s in consumer’s hands....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really trying to hold out for this tv. Looking at 80+ TVs that won’t break the bank and this seems to check all the boxes. Hopefully we’re not overselling this before it’s released.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
truefan31 is online now  
post #41 of 235 Old 05-09-2020, 06:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone have any info on when these might release?
Anxious Nation is offline  
post #42 of 235 Old 05-12-2020, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
kensingtonwick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 780
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxious Nation View Post
Anyone have any info on when these might release?

I don’t know but if LG was lying about 48gb bandwidth on their HDMI 2.1 spec I’m pretty sure Vizio won’t have full spec either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kensingtonwick is offline  
post #43 of 235 Old 05-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
gardennj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensingtonwick View Post
I don’t know but if LG was lying about 48gb bandwidth on their HDMI 2.1 spec I’m pretty sure Vizio won’t have full spec either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they don’t, they shouldn’t lie about it. If they don’t, they should just explain what they have without apology. All they really have to do is deliver a high-quality/well-assembled TV that puts out a brilliant picture and the best features it can.

If Vizio doesn’t have full-spec HDMI 2.1, then the 85” TV segment will just be one big compromise in 2020. If they do have full HDMI 2.1, they will absolutely own this segment. The only issue for them is they need to be selling these sets now. The longer this goes, the more they’re either going to have to come in at an unheard of low/value price or do heavy discounting at release.

The market has spenders now, but it could get a bit tighter through the summer. Better to sell now when they can instead of being part of the scramble coming later this year.
mpgxsvcd likes this.
gardennj is offline  
post #44 of 235 Old 05-12-2020, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
kensingtonwick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 780
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 110
2020 85 Inch Vizio P Series Quantum X

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardennj View Post
If they don’t, they shouldn’t lie about it. If they don’t, they should just explain what they have without apology. All they really have to do is deliver a high-quality/well-assembled TV that puts out a brilliant picture and the best features it can.

If Vizio doesn’t have full-spec HDMI 2.1, then the 85” TV segment will just be one big compromise in 2020. If they do have full HDMI 2.1, they will absolutely own this segment. The only issue for them is they need to be selling these sets now. The longer this goes, the more they’re either going to have to come in at an unheard of low/value price or do heavy discounting at release.

The market has spenders now, but it could get a bit tighter through the summer. Better to sell now when they can instead of being part of the scramble coming later this year.

Well I’m still just as wowed with my px65 as I was last August when I purchased it. Black levels are amazing (even beside bright objects). No blooming whatsoever. Almost looks like a 3000 nit oled (no joke). And as was the 2018 quantum a higher than purported peak brightness so is the 2019 coming in at over 3300 nits by numerous people who have tested it. IMO I happen to think upscaling wasn’t all that bad either. Maybe just higher bitrate 720p content or perhaps stellar upscaling by plex? But with the new processing power the 2020 will be even better. Hopefully hdmi 2.1 will be full spec and hopefully they will be transparent with their customers. Good job so far Vizio!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mpgxsvcd and PlanetAVS like this.
kensingtonwick is offline  
post #45 of 235 Old 05-13-2020, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
gardennj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensingtonwick View Post
Well I’m still just as wowed with my px65 as I was last August when I purchased it. Black levels are amazing (even beside bright objects). No blooming whatsoever. Almost looks like a 3000 nit oled (no joke). And as was the 2018 quantum a higher than purported peak brightness so is the 2019 coming in at over 3300 nits by numerous people who have tested it. IMO I happen to think upscaling wasn’t all that bad either. Maybe just higher bitrate 720p content or perhaps stellar upscaling by plex? But with the new processing power the 2020 will be even better. Hopefully hdmi 2.1 will be full spec and hopefully they will be transparent with their customers. Good job so far Vizio!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you’ve had a great experience. I wasn’t knocking Vizio. Just pointing out that they should just offer what they offer at a fair price and not be deceptive whether it’s 2.1 or not.

I’m holding off buying until I see what the 85” from Vizio brings to the table. I really would like 85” so it’ll come down to price-value. I don’t game so 2.1 is really for DV color and lossless sound. At the right price, Vizio could basically dominate the 85” TV sales.
gardennj is offline  
post #46 of 235 Old 05-14-2020, 05:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by truefan31 View Post
Really trying to hold out for this tv. Looking at 80+ TVs that won’t break the bank and this seems to check all the boxes. Hopefully we’re not overselling this before it’s released.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm really trying to hold out for it too. I'd been thinking about upgrading to an OLED last year, but in January, bought a house in which the only way to arrange my living room with the TV at eye level as opposed to above the fireplace is to sit 15 feet away from it. At that distance and 4k resolution, even a 77 inch would be too small. So I really need this TV yesterday--since January, I've been sitting 15 feet away from a 51 inch screen. I might be able to hold out until July, but I can't hold out until November.

Someone in another thread where release dates were being discussed somewhat snarkily said that's not how it works, there are no announced "release dates," manufacturers just start making the product, shipping it, and it appears in stores. But why does it have to be that way? Video game manufacturers announce intended release dates, even if they have to revise them as the date approaches. Why can't TV manufacturers give us some kind of estimate?
Arcite is offline  
post #47 of 235 Old 05-14-2020, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
gardennj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcite View Post
I'm really trying to hold out for it too. I'd been thinking about upgrading to an OLED last year, but in January, bought a house in which the only way to arrange my living room with the TV at eye level as opposed to above the fireplace is to sit 15 feet away from it. At that distance and 4k resolution, even a 77 inch would be too small. So I really need this TV yesterday--since January, I've been sitting 15 feet away from a 51 inch screen. I might be able to hold out until July, but I can't hold out until November.

Someone in another thread where release dates were being discussed somewhat snarkily said that's not how it works, there are no announced "release dates," manufacturers just start making the product, shipping it, and it appears in stores. But why does it have to be that way? Video game manufacturers announce intended release dates, even if they have to revise them as the date approaches. Why can't TV manufacturers give us some kind of estimate?
They don’t know how many old sets are still sitting on shelves unsold. It’s probably a lot more than in a typical year this year at the $1500+ price threshold this year. Announcing the release would basically stall selling of the older sets. Neither the makers or retailers want that.

You’ll be able to tell when this sets going to be “widely” available because the manufacturer will have YouTube reviewers flooding the ‘Tube with reviews/info-mercials.
gardennj is offline  
post #48 of 235 Old 05-14-2020, 07:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardennj View Post
They don’t know how many old sets are still sitting on shelves unsold. It’s probably a lot more than in a typical year this year at the $1500+ price threshold this year. Announcing the release would basically stall selling of the older sets. Neither the makers or retailers want that.
Interesting; I didn't think of that. However, that sucks for those of us who specifically want the 85 inch model, because it's not like there's an 85 inch from last year to be cleared out.
Arcite is offline  
post #49 of 235 Old 05-14-2020, 10:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm in the middle of new construction that won't be complete until November, but I too will need 85" and am anxious to see what Vizio brings to the table.
logan1833 is offline  
post #50 of 235 Old 05-28-2020, 10:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 6
So is this tv being delayed/ might not even be coming out due to the coronavirus?? Such a shame because this was the number 1 tv I was interested in this year. It's the only high end lcd that doesn't have ultrawide angle to ruin the contrast in one way or another..
smoothbutter is offline  
post #51 of 235 Old 05-29-2020, 06:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothbutter View Post
So is this tv being delayed/ might not even be coming out due to the coronavirus?? Such a shame because this was the number 1 tv I was interested in this year. It's the only high end lcd that doesn't have ultrawide angle to ruin the contrast in one way or another..
We can't say they might not even be coming out. Vizio has occasionally teased us with a reminder that they're still working on bringing their products out this year. It's just that there isn't even a ballpark estimate as to when this might happen.
Arcite is offline  
post #52 of 235 Old 06-06-2020, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
krholmberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,376
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 106
I hope they release it this year. What a waste if they don't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
mpgxsvcd likes this.

Krister
krholmberg is offline  
post #53 of 235 Old 06-06-2020, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
gardennj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothbutter View Post
So is this tv being delayed/ might not even be coming out due to the coronavirus?? Such a shame because this was the number 1 tv I was interested in this year. It's the only high end lcd that doesn't have ultrawide angle to ruin the contrast in one way or another..
I don't think the Sony X900H has ultra-wide. Not sure it's being positioned as "high end" though. Not sure any of the non-8K models really should command premium pay because all seem to compromise on features or performance one way or another.
gardennj is offline  
post #54 of 235 Old 06-08-2020, 04:51 PM
Senior Member
 
hungarianhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Pretty disappointing that we are just a few weeks away from being halfway done with 2020 and Vizio hasn't communicated anything about their 2020 lineup... that they announced in January...
zer0cool2007 likes this.
hungarianhc is offline  
post #55 of 235 Old 06-08-2020, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
gardennj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungarianhc View Post
Pretty disappointing that we are just a few weeks away from being halfway done with 2020 and Vizio hasn't communicated anything about their 2020 lineup... that they announced in January...
Not announcing anything is a real sign of worry to me. That and Sony introducing the 85" 800, 900, & 950 at prices that were far below what I think Vizio was expecting really opens up the possibility that this TV will never be made and that Vizio's just moving onto the OLED front.
mpgxsvcd likes this.
gardennj is offline  
post #56 of 235 Old 06-08-2020, 05:08 PM
Senior Member
 
hungarianhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardennj View Post
Not announcing anything is a real sign of worry to me. That and Sony introducing the 85" 800, 900, & 950 at prices that were far below what I think Vizio was expecting really opens up the possibility that this TV will never be made and that Vizio's just moving onto the OLED front.
I completely agree. Sony was surprisingly competitive this year at the 85" level. Even right now on Slickdeals you can preorder the CX 77" OLED for $4K.
mpgxsvcd likes this.
hungarianhc is offline  
post #57 of 235 Old 06-08-2020, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
gardennj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungarianhc View Post
I completely agree. Sony was surprisingly competitive this year at the 85" level. Even right now on Slickdeals you can preorder the CX 77" OLED for $4K.
Costco carrying them now too - very similar price with ST included. YMMV but probably going on sale soon.
mpgxsvcd likes this.
gardennj is offline  
post #58 of 235 Old 06-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Member
 
jaymac8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
This article says Vizio put out a teaser saying June 30th "2020 Summer Collection Launch." Ya gotta scroll down a little.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/vizio-2020-tv-lineup
jaymac8888 is offline  
post #59 of 235 Old 06-09-2020, 10:16 PM
Senior Member
 
hungarianhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Thanks for sharing... So bizarre. I can't find that image on any other site. I guess we'll just see.
cueball73 likes this.
hungarianhc is offline  
post #60 of 235 Old 06-10-2020, 04:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Zoland2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Finally!!!

One nation, under God. Indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Zoland2020 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off