LG 49SM8600 Protective Film or ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By artseattle

post #1 of 6 Old 02-11-2020, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
LG 49SM8600 Protective Film or ?

I just set up a LG 49SM8600PUA for someone. I removed some protective film on the side but didn't find anything on the front. However, when I looked closely, I saw a very smooth, perfectly adhered with no bubbles, film on the screen. At the very edge of the corner, I can see that it is stuck on since there is a tiny gap between the film and the edge. I cannot remove it and when I tried to dig at it on the corner it didn't seem like it should be removed. When I went back to the store, they had a 65 inch which actually has a completely different bezel frame. It did not have a film but it also did not have a raised edge like the 49 inch.

Does someone have a 49 inch 8600 that they can check? If you look very closely at the upper corner can you see that a film is applied over the screen? I'm thinking that it is some type of anti-reflection film. I'm curious because I don't want the film to be a problem in the future.

Thanks!

Art in Seattle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-14-2020, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by artseattle View Post
I just set up a LG 49SM8600PUA for someone. I removed some protective film on the side but didn't find anything on the front. However, when I looked closely, I saw a very smooth, perfectly adhered with no bubbles, film on the screen. At the very edge of the corner, I can see that it is stuck on since there is a tiny gap between the film and the edge. I cannot remove it and when I tried to dig at it on the corner it didn't seem like it should be removed. When I went back to the store, they had a 65 inch which actually has a completely different bezel frame. It did not have a film but it also did not have a raised edge like the 49 inch.

Does someone have a 49 inch 8600 that they can check? If you look very closely at the upper corner can you see that a film is applied over the screen? I'm thinking that it is some type of anti-reflection film. I'm curious because I don't want the film to be a problem in the future.

Thanks!
I may be swinging by a BestBuy tonite where they have one on display, plus possibly an 'open-box' - that was there this mon nite last, if it's still there. But will definitely be @ BB by tomorrow, and will check. Btw, in mid-west now, but from Seattle ;-)
post #3 of 6 Old 02-14-2020, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilga View Post
I may be swinging by a BestBuy tonite where they have one on display, plus possibly an 'open-box' - that was there this mon nite last, if it's still there. But will definitely be @ BB by tomorrow, and will check. Btw, in mid-west now, but from Seattle ;-)
Thank you in advance! The BB in Seattle had the 65inch but the bezel design was clearly different from the 49. There was no film on the 65. The film on the 49 looks like a professionally applied screen protector like the ones that were put on our phones by people at booths in the malls. Remember those days?

Art
Ilga likes this.

Art in Seattle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old Today, 11:13 AM

Yes I do remember ! But I remember my bumbling attempted screen protector applications even more.

So sorry about nothing to report, as we never did make it over to BB. After Fri thought we'd go Sat, then Sun, but no joy.
Hoping to finally make it there this afternoon. If I do I'll take a look-see.
That seems odd that your 49 'looks like a professionally applied screen protector' or 'protective film' is applied to it. Did you ask BB sales people about it?

"I said I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in." ~ The Dude
post #5 of 6 Old Today, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilga View Post
Yes I do remember ! But I remember my bumbling attempted screen protector applications even more.

So sorry about nothing to report, as we never did make it over to BB. After Fri thought we'd go Sat, then Sun, but no joy.
Hoping to finally make it there this afternoon. If I do I'll take a look-see.
That seems odd that your 49 'looks like a professionally applied screen protector' or 'protective film' is applied to it. Did you ask BB sales people about it?
Yes, BB told me to peel it off. LG via phone said to keep it on. Neither seemed to be referencing the 49 inch. The 49 inch has a raised bezel with the screen inset. The other sizes have a smoother transition from bezel to screen. Thanks again!

Art in Seattle
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artseattle View Post
Yes, BB told me to peel it off. LG via phone said to keep it on. Neither seemed to be referencing the 49 inch. The 49 inch has a raised bezel with the screen inset. The other sizes have a smoother transition from bezel to screen. Thanks again!
I'll look for that. Our local BB has the 49 on display.

"I said I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in." ~ The Dude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page