2020 Sony XBR-X950H owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 134 Old 03-21-2020, 10:35 AM
Member
 
stpfarms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
Im always annoyed by gaming being thought of as specifically first person shooters. I play Forza and other driving games and while 120hz would look smoother, we don't have issues with latency and don't need to swing a mouse around to a pinpoint spot on a screen at 240Hz. I can't even run Forza from 2016-2018 at max settings in 1080p 120Hz on my OC GTX 1080 Ti. :-P



Paul
Ya, with game mode the 950h will have low latency. The hdmi 2.1 is only specifically for ps5 and Xbox x coming out at the end of the year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
stpfarms is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 134 Old 03-21-2020, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Anderegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 901
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Made a video showing the X950 latency outside of game mode, then in game mode. As you can see here, it is so bad, that lips do not even sync. It's so bad I am going to contact Sony support, as this is completely unacceptable. Besides the extreme latency, outside of game mode, even if you feed this thing RGB, it displays as if you are feeding it 4:2:0 YCbCr...with text having red and green blurring. My old X900F had no latency variation or text blur outside of game mode.

In FCPX, I need to delay the audio 12 frames out of 30 per second to get things to match up.

Cuthalu likes this.

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552

Last edited by Anderegg; 03-21-2020 at 05:42 PM.
Anderegg is offline  
post #93 of 134 Old 03-22-2020, 04:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungarianhc View Post
I swear I'm not trying to troll with the following comments... I'm in the market for a 2020 TV, most likely 85". I told myself after CES 2020 that the Vizio P Series Quantum X would probably be the best bet. HDMI 2.1 is important for me. We still haven't heard anything from Vizio yet, but we have the X950H from Sony out right now. And the X900H gets HDMI 2.1... so why would anyone buy the X950H? Why not choose between the X900H and the P-Series Quanum X?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungarianhc View Post
I'm legitimately asking about the appeal of the TV. Is it the X1 Ultimate + wide angle viewing? Or are there other benefits?
We'll have to wait until both TVs are released and thoroughly tested/reviewed before we can really say exactly how they compare, but the X950H is sure to have some advantages over its little brother considering it's the higher-end set. There's the more powerful processor as you note, higher peak brightness has been mentioned, and I'd say more advanced local dimming is almost guaranteed.
MechaGodzilla is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 134 Old 03-22-2020, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Anderegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 901
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 361
So, I think I fixed it...in audio output settings, there are three A/V sync settings, Auto, On, and Off. Auto causes A/V sync issue. On causes A/V sync issue. OFF resolves A/V sync issue. I don't know why it did not occcur to me to turn off A/V sync to achieve A/V sync, I feel so stupid :-|

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
Made a video showing the X950 latency outside of game mode, then in game mode. As you can see here, it is so bad, that lips do not even sync. It's so bad I am going to contact Sony support, as this is completely unacceptable. Besides the extreme latency, outside of game mode, even if you feed this thing RGB, it displays as if you are feeding it 4:2:0 YCbCr...with text having red and green blurring. My old X900F had no latency variation or text blur outside of game mode.

In FCPX, I need to delay the audio 12 frames out of 30 per second to get things to match up.

https://youtu.be/BZ5z6fp_mJE
Cuthalu and mik2h like this.

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
Anderegg is offline  
post #95 of 134 Old 03-22-2020, 05:59 AM
Member
 
otlbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: San Diego
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
Made a video showing the X950 latency outside of game mode, then in game mode. As you can see here, it is so bad, that lips do not even sync. It's so bad I am going to contact Sony support, as this is completely unacceptable. Besides the extreme latency, outside of game mode, even if you feed this thing RGB, it displays as if you are feeding it 4:2:0 YCbCr...with text having red and green blurring. My old X900F had no latency variation or text blur outside of game mode.

In FCPX, I need to delay the audio 12 frames out of 30 per second to get things to match up.

https://youtu.be/BZ5z6fp_mJE
With respect to your video clip of Kimberly Hunt, the flesh tone has a red push. Do you see that live or is it do to the camera?
otlbum is offline  
post #96 of 134 Old 03-22-2020, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Anderegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 901
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by otlbum View Post
With respect to your video clip of Kimberly Hunt, the flesh tone has a red push. Do you see that live or is it do to the camera?
I was shooting on my cell phone...our (I am a photog at channel 10) stations studio cameras are suprisingly color correct, if not a bit undersaturated and overly detail enhanced. I think it has a lot to do with high quality high CRI studio lghting, because if you watch KFMB, their anchors are green...ewww.

Paul

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
Anderegg is offline  
post #97 of 134 Old 03-22-2020, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 25,711
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7293 Post(s)
Liked: 7328
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungarianhc View Post
I swear I'm not trying to troll with the following comments... I'm in the market for a 2020 TV, most likely 85". I told myself after CES 2020 that the Vizio P Series Quantum X would probably be the best bet. HDMI 2.1 is important for me. We still haven't heard anything from Vizio yet, but we have the X950H from Sony out right now. And the X900H gets HDMI 2.1... so why would anyone buy the X950H? Why not choose between the X900H and the P-Series Quanum X?
The 85X950H are not out yet, sometimes the bigger sets test different then the smaller sets. So we will have to wait and see what happens here.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #98 of 134 Old 03-22-2020, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,566
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3927 Post(s)
Liked: 3946
2020 Sony XBR-X950H owners thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
The 85X950H are not out yet, sometimes the bigger sets test different then the smaller sets. So we will have to wait and see what happens here.

I can get one delivered by March 26th on Amazon right now has been that way for a couple of weeks. Also on eBay and Best Buy.


77”C8 Direct Tv UB820 AppleTv 4K

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2

Last edited by chunon; 03-22-2020 at 08:59 AM.
chunon is offline  
post #99 of 134 Old 03-22-2020, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Anderegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 901
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I can get one delivered by March 26th on Amazon right now has been that way for a couple of weeks. Also on eBay and Best Buy.


77”C8 Direct Tv UB820 AppleTv 4K
The actual availablaity of the 85" coincided with the COVID 19 insanity, and stock market crash, so maybe people held off on a $5000 TV purchase, and used those funds for 3-4 rolls of toilet paper instead? I am reading this and imagining how dated the post will look 2 years from now when the world is back to normal...or we are all using the TV boxes for shelter during the appocolypse.

Paul

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
Anderegg is offline  
post #100 of 134 Old 03-22-2020, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,566
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3927 Post(s)
Liked: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
The actual availablaity of the 85" coincided with the COVID 19 insanity, and stock market crash, so maybe people held off on a $5000 TV purchase, and used those funds for 3-4 rolls of toilet paper instead? I am reading this and imagining how dated the post will look 2 years from now when the world is back to normal...or we are all using the TV boxes for shelter during the appocolypse.

Paul

I don’t think I made any comments about that only it’s availability for purchase , the op indicated it wasn’t out yet .


77”C8 Direct Tv UB820 AppleTv 4K

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is offline  
post #101 of 134 Old 03-22-2020, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Anderegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 901
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 361
I was just commenting on why we may not be seeing them in the wild or posts from owners yet. The review sites tend to want to use the bigger TV's for evaluation. I would think rtings would wait until a 55 or 65 were available.

Paul

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
Anderegg is offline  
post #102 of 134 Old 03-22-2020, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 3,332
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1133 Post(s)
Liked: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
I was just commenting on why we may not be seeing them in the wild or posts from owners yet. The review sites tend to want to use the bigger TV's for evaluation. I would think rtings would wait until a 55 or 65 were available. Paul
Their size choice is not as critical this year with the 950 55 - 85 having X-Wide Angle.

I'm interested to see if 900 remains their darling.
Cuthalu likes this.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
Panson is offline  
post #103 of 134 Old 03-23-2020, 09:30 AM
Member
 
Polaris75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Any chance anyone has the 49" set up in the 'narrow' stand position and could tell me the footprint? The specs on Sony's site only list the footprint with them in the 'wide' position, and Sony support hasn't responded within the 48 hours they promise to (and I honestly imagine them coming back and saying something stupid like "The width with stand is X" and X being either the width of the set, or the 'wide' figure from the spec sheet.) Hoping to order one the second I confirm it will fit where my step-dad wants to put it.
Polaris75 is offline  
post #104 of 134 Old 03-23-2020, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
Coercion Shaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
The 85X950H are not out yet, sometimes the bigger sets test different then the smaller sets. So we will have to wait and see what happens here.
Perhaps not everywhere. Just saw them for sale at the AAFES Exchange this weekend... at sale prices.

Sony XBR-65X900F // Sony HTZ9F Sound Bar & SAZ9R Speakers // Xbox One X & PS4 Pro
Coercion Shaman is offline  
post #105 of 134 Old 03-25-2020, 04:13 PM
Member
 
Polaris75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris75 View Post
(and I honestly imagine them coming back and saying something stupid like "The width with stand is X" and X being either the width of the set, or the 'wide' figure from the spec sheet.)

Even better - they came back saying the stand only has one position when the site clearly says -


Quote:
Discreet Dual-Position Stand

Our noiseless stand sits discretely on a shelf and won’t compromise your viewing experience. With wide and narrow settings, you can use it on large or small shelves.




Ordered the set yesterday. I'll post the footprint myself once we get it and get it set up, in case anyone else comes looking for it.
Polaris75 is offline  
post #106 of 134 Old 03-26-2020, 04:10 AM
Newbie
 
Eddielx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just pick this up yesterday.
I had a issue with it saying no input detected and tv shuts off.
Should I exchange this for another one or was it just a glitch.
Happened 3 times.
Eddielx is offline  
post #107 of 134 Old 03-26-2020, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ashland, PA 17921
Posts: 8,762
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
I preordered a 49" X950H on Amazon yesterday, so as an actual "owner" I would like to kick off this new thread.
I just received my 43X800H. Can I post here or do I need to start a new thread?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boxspecs.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	635.8 KB
ID:	2701916  
JoeKustra is offline  
post #108 of 134 Old 03-27-2020, 09:53 AM
Senior Member
 
400MHz MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddielx View Post
I just pick this up yesterday.
I had a issue with it saying no input detected and tv shuts off.
Should I exchange this for another one or was it just a glitch.
Happened 3 times.
Try turning off the Auto-shutoff.
HOME > Settings > Device Preferences > Power > Auto shut-off > Off
400MHz MAN is offline  
post #109 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 02:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
I just received my 43X800H. Can I post here or do I need to start a new thread?
Congrats! please check the video options menu "smooth gradation" have?
pikkari+ is offline  
post #110 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 02:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
Spears and Munsil zone counter video shows the 49" X950H has 5x5, 25 zones total, so exactly the same as the X900F, which explains why the HDR blooming is identical. SDR bloomin gis much more controlled...so good in fact, I cannot even photograph it, because i cannot see it with my eyes at all either.

Paul
Can you show parts (teardown)? mainboard (main SoC and 4KPQ SoC), tcon, led driver (the real number "ZONE COUNT" is indicated on stickers and markings led driver board).
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post56554882


Example: dismount radiators the main board sony 65a8f
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	094506v4h2um8bmdqbmj5q.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	2702616   Click image for larger version

Name:	135338ri8j8pbtp8lezllt.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	2702618   Click image for larger version

Name:	135339uloq9m4lvog2ovuv.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	2702620  

Last edited by pikkari+; 03-28-2020 at 02:52 AM.
pikkari+ is offline  
post #111 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 02:55 AM
Member
 
Cuthalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
So, I think I fixed it...in audio output settings, there are three A/V sync settings, Auto, On, and Off. Auto causes A/V sync issue. On causes A/V sync issue. OFF resolves A/V sync issue. I don't know why it did not occcur to me to turn off A/V sync to achieve A/V sync, I feel so stupid :-|

Paul
Is there manual av sync (adding x amount of audio delay) option available?
Cuthalu is offline  
post #112 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Anderegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 901
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkari+ View Post
Can you show parts (teardown)? mainboard (main SoC and 4KPQ SoC), tcon, led driver (the real number "ZONE COUNT" is indicated on stickers and markings led driver board).
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post56554882


Example: dismount radiators the main board sony 65a8f
Um, yeah, no , I am not going to tear apart my TV. :-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuthalu View Post
Is there manual av sync (adding x amount of audio delay) option available?
My AVR has an audio delay function, but it is only accessible if you run the signal through the AVR inputs, and can't be used for ARC.

Paul

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
Anderegg is offline  
post #113 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 05:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ashland, PA 17921
Posts: 8,762
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkari+ View Post
Congrats! please check the video options menu "smooth gradation" have?
The unit is still in its box. I should be installing it Monday.

Since its main source of content will be cable via a 2k TiVo, I doubt I will need to reduce any sharpness. My bit rate isn't bad, but it's not great.
JoeKustra is offline  
post #114 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
hodgjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkari+ View Post
Can you show parts (teardown)? mainboard (main SoC and 4KPQ SoC), tcon, led driver (the real number "ZONE COUNT" is indicated on stickers and markings led driver board).
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post56554882


Example: dismount radiators the main board sony 65a8f
Are you serious?

The things some people ask others to do on this forum are downright crazy. And to think I was put off when someone asked me to re-wire my entire home theater system to help them with a Dolby Vision problem.
hodgjy is offline  
post #115 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Anderegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 901
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
I preordered a 49" X950H on Amazon yesterday, so as an actual "owner" I would like to kick off this new thread.
I just received my 43X800H. Can I post here or do I need to start a new thread?
Probably best to start an X800H post, the differences might be many, but you can hang with us till that sub forum post gets up to speed 🙂

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
Anderegg is offline  
post #116 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ashland, PA 17921
Posts: 8,762
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
Probably best to start an X800H post, the differences might be many, but you can hang with us till that sub forum post gets up to speed 🙂
I posted in the "G" forum when the H was released. No response. There are some differences between the 950H and 800H. In fact, look at the picture in my first post. That's the box my 43X800H was shipped in.

If nothing happens by Monday, I'll start a new thread.

Last edited by JoeKustra; 03-28-2020 at 04:33 PM.
JoeKustra is offline  
post #117 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 04:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 31
hodgjy
What do you care? there are service manuals, there is nothing difficult, calibrating TVs is much more difficult. Seeing the locals are completely wild.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
The unit is still in its box. I should be installing it Monday.

Since its main source of content will be cable via a 2k TiVo, I doubt I will need to reduce any sharpness. My bit rate isn't bad, but it's not great.
Ok, rtings review not have function. Very strange, declared x1 chip - but without super bit mapping technology and motionflow 120hz nativ.
pikkari+ is offline  
post #118 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
hodgjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkari+ View Post
hodgjy
What do you care? there are service manuals, there is nothing difficult, calibrating TVs is much more difficult. Seeing the locals are completely wild.
Asking someone to crack open a brand new tv is a big ask. Also, depending on where the person lives, it probably would void the warranty.

And why should someone risk their tv to satisfy someone else's curiosity?
Csbooth likes this.
hodgjy is offline  
post #119 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Anderegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 901
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkari+ View Post
hodgjy
What do you care? there are service manuals, there is nothing difficult, calibrating TVs is much more difficult. Seeing the locals are completely wild.




Ok, rtings review not have function. Very strange, declared x1 chip - but without super bit mapping technology and motionflow 120hz nativ.
Th X800H, per rtings detailed info, looks like a glorified large PC monitor...no local dimming...IPS panel....1000:1 fixed contrast ratio...60Hz native refresh rate...it doesn't suprise me that it is lacking in other spruced up technology features. The "target market" for the X800H would be someone who would never even think to have their TV calibrated, and would probaly also be the audience who would use the stock vivid or dynamic profiles.

Paul

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
Anderegg is offline  
post #120 of 134 Old 03-28-2020, 04:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
Th X800H, per rtings detailed info, looks like a glorified large PC monitor...no local dimming...IPS panel....1000:1 fixed contrast ratio...60Hz native refresh rate...it doesn't suprise me that it is lacking in other spruced up technology features. The "target market" for the X800H would be someone who would never even think to have their TV calibrated, and would probaly also be the audience who would use the stock vivid or dynamic profiles.

Paul
Yes, but sony release first up x1 chip low-range x800. Simple x1 there was always a function SBM - it consists of two processors 4KPQ(PiQ) and FRC(MFC11), the manufacturer began to refuse PQ chip models x850g, x850h, (x900h not sure) and double refuse PQ & FRC chipes x800h.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XE90BD01.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	548.1 KB
ID:	2702912  

Last edited by pikkari+; 03-28-2020 at 04:58 PM.
pikkari+ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off