• 1 Post By Nillaz
  • 1 Post By gardennj

post #1 of 19 Old 02-19-2020, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 40
What happened to FOMO?

The website link has a new Chinese name and no videos. Do you guys know what happened? Was he hacked?

I know some of you really dislike this guy, but he backed up what he posted with links.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 02-19-2020, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 139
I like him hopefully hes ok.

Z9D Settings Dolby Vision, Gaming etc
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post56126450
post #3 of 19 Old 02-19-2020, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 30
He's back with a YT video today. Typical forecasting style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 02-19-2020, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy2160 View Post
The website link has a new Chinese name and no videos. Do you guys know what happened? Was he hacked?

I know some of you really dislike this guy, but he backed up what he posted with links.

Thanks.
he was hacked this his new channel for now
Panson likes this.
post #5 of 19 Old 02-19-2020, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 5742 Post(s)
Liked: 4111
He lost all his subscribers too. Now down to 92 subscribers. He hopes he can get back his previous channel.
post #6 of 19 Old 02-19-2020, 05:45 PM

Check out Quantum TV's take on YT....lotta beef in the air.
post #7 of 19 Old 02-19-2020, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 54
His account was hacked. He started a new channel called FOMO on TVs

Main Room: 65'' Samsung Q90R; AVR: Denon AVR X-4500H; AMP: Monolith 3-Channel Amp; Center Channel: KEF R2C; L/R Channels: KEF R3; Atmos: KEF R8A; LFE: SVS-PB3000; UHD Blu-Ray Player: Sony UBP-X800; Gaming: PS4 Pro; Streaming Device: Apple TV 4K Secondary Room: 49'' Samsung MU7000; AVR: Denon AVR S-720W; Center Channel: Polk Signature S-35; L/R Channels: Polk Signature S-20; IEMs: Shure 846, Shure 535; DAC/Amp: Dragonfly Cobalt, JDS Labs C5D
post #8 of 19 Old 02-19-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbgator View Post
His account was hacked. He started a new channel called FOMO on TVs
Is FOMO claiming that? I didn’t watch them all, but he didn’t seem to be claiming that or explaining how he raised the issue with YT. They have a process for dealing with hacked accounts, but this doesn’t seem like it. Every time any popular gets hacked, they usually come out and make a big deal of who, how, and what’s being done. Not really like that here.
post #9 of 19 Old 02-19-2020, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardennj View Post
Is FOMO claiming that? I didn’t watch them all, but he didn’t seem to be claiming that or explaining how he raised the issue with YT. They have a process for dealing with hacked accounts, but this doesn’t seem like it. Every time any popular gets hacked, they usually come out and make a big deal of who, how, and what’s being done. Not really like that here.
it's in the description of the video i posted above
post #10 of 19 Old 02-20-2020, 03:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Yes he made a video about it

Main Room: 65'' Samsung Q90R; AVR: Denon AVR X-4500H; AMP: Monolith 3-Channel Amp; Center Channel: KEF R2C; L/R Channels: KEF R3; Atmos: KEF R8A; LFE: SVS-PB3000; UHD Blu-Ray Player: Sony UBP-X800; Gaming: PS4 Pro; Streaming Device: Apple TV 4K Secondary Room: 49'' Samsung MU7000; AVR: Denon AVR S-720W; Center Channel: Polk Signature S-35; L/R Channels: Polk Signature S-20; IEMs: Shure 846, Shure 535; DAC/Amp: Dragonfly Cobalt, JDS Labs C5D
post #11 of 19 Old 02-20-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbgator View Post
Yes he made a video about it

https://youtu.be/3jWH7cedgiQ
Perhaps. Watch Quantum TV’s explanation. Regardless of the known discord between the two of them, QT’s account of how YT works is pretty accurate. FWIW, I like them both but have wondered exactly how FOMO’s popularity built such quick momentum as it does seem to have a very strong pro-TCL and pro-HiSense take. I watch them both and take their info as just info among all the other info out there.

I have TCLs and view them both for the side-by-sides from different perspectives.

I want them both (and other tech Tubers) to succeed because it save me from driving around and having to ignore salespeople while I check out specs and other things on equipment before buying. So does this forum.
post #12 of 19 Old 02-20-2020, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I watch both of them as well and find the content entertaining and informative. Having said that I do find the drama going on between the two entertaining as well. I watched Quantum's video on the situation yesterday but haven't had a chance to watch any of FOMO's new videos yet.
post #13 of 19 Old 02-20-2020, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 413
I don't especially care for FOMO but that's more due to style rather than substance. I hope he gets his channel back.
SiGGy likes this.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
post #14 of 19 Old 02-20-2020, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 4126 Post(s)
Liked: 2410
wonder if taxes ever comes into play with youtubers? I owe how much money????oh hell no, how do I get out of this debt.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300 LG oled c9 77
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS, Audioengine A2+
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP, Velodyne HGS 12, Velodyne VA1512
post #15 of 19 Old 02-20-2020, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Perhaps. Watch Quantum TV’s explanation. Regardless of the known discord between the two of them, QT’s account of how YT works is pretty accurate. FWIW, I like them both but have wondered exactly how FOMO’s popularity built such quick momentum as it does seem to have a very strong pro-TCL and pro-HiSense take. I watch them both and take their info as just info among all the other info out there.

I have TCLs and view them both for the side-by-sides from different perspectives.

I want them both (and other tech Tubers) to succeed because it save me from driving around and having to ignore salespeople while I check out specs and other things on equipment before buying. So does this forum.

I wouldn't take anything Quantum says seriously...
900E is the best Sony TV and now the Q8R is the best Samsung TV according to him.

He's jealous of FOMO and He's a liar period

post #16 of 19 Old 02-20-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSultZ View Post
I wouldn't take anything Quantum says seriously...
900E is the best Sony TV and now the Q8R is the best Samsung TV according to him.

He's jealous of FOMO and He's a liar period
No source is to be taken as the end-all. They are all just offering their perspective, opinions, and testing insights. Quantum's point about the Sony and Samsung TVs isn't that 900E and Q8FN are the best offerings. It's that there haven't been significant enough improvements in picture quality and useful enhancements to justify the hoopla or additional costs with newer sets. That applies to any technology.

I don't even look at them for the same info. FOMO covers more TCL & HiSense, but it seems to be lot more from the perspective of "consider these two brands against anything else". Quantum covers more Sony and Samsung. Quantum's is based on his own set ownership and those of the clients he calibrates. Neither of them are great sources for Vizio or LG info (Digitial Trends is though.) so they both almost always compare their two favorites against Vizios, LGs, or any other makers.

Just places to get info and entertainment. I don't take either of them seriously because when it comes to buying a set it's all on me as a buyer. They don't get credit if it works. They don't get blame if it doesn't. They just give me clues on things to look into as I'm making my decision. That's all I think they're trying to do. They just can't see there's no reason to worry about others.

I get something from both of them.
FrankKD likes this.
post #17 of 19 Old 02-21-2020, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
No source is to be taken as the end-all. They are all just offering their perspective, opinions, and testing insights. Quantum's point about the Sony and Samsung TVs isn't that 900E and Q8FN are the best offerings. It's that there haven't been significant enough improvements in picture quality and useful enhancements to justify the hoopla or additional costs with newer sets. That applies to any technology.

I don't even look at them for the same info. FOMO covers more TCL & HiSense, but it seems to be lot more from the perspective of "consider these two brands against anything else". Quantum covers more Sony and Samsung. Quantum's is based on his own set ownership and those of the clients he calibrates. Neither of them are great sources for Vizio or LG info (Digitial Trends is though.) so they both almost always compare their two favorites against Vizios, LGs, or any other makers.

Just places to get info and entertainment. I don't take either of them seriously because when it comes to buying a set it's all on me as a buyer. They don't get credit if it works. They don't get blame if it doesn't. They just give me clues on things to look into as I'm making my decision. That's all I think they're trying to do. They just can't see there's no reason to worry about others.

I get something from both of them.
Fomo's video's are more trust worthy as you can tell he really knows what hes talking about. He's not some random dude who has a basement apartment and constantly ACTS like hes a calibrator but yet never owns expensive tv's.
He's obviously jealous of Fomo like hes been of other youtubers over the years.

The only thing good about Quantum is how he points out the biased to OLED internet sites.

post #18 of 19 Old 02-21-2020, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 494
I watched a few of Quantums videos but never liked his presentation very much. And he is almost always coming from a negative perspective.

FOMO on the other hand presents straight up information and he shows you the results and he is rarely negative (outside the Samsung fake 8k stuff) and he obviously has deep knowledge of the industry.

Much prefer FOMO out of all the TV reviewers on Youtube. (Then probably Vincent after him)
post #19 of 19 Old 02-21-2020, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
I watched a few of Quantums videos but never liked his presentation very much. And he is almost always coming from a negative perspective.

FOMO on the other hand presents straight up information and he shows you the results and he is rarely negative (outside the Samsung fake 8k stuff) and he obviously has deep knowledge of the industry.

Much prefer FOMO out of all the TV reviewers on Youtube. (Then probably Vincent after him)
Vincent never says if he likes the TV or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page