Sony/Samsung/LG/TCL/Hisense which delivers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-21-2020, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Sony/Samsung/LG/TCL/Hisense which delivers

I am looking to replace a bedroom tv with something better (samsung 5200 series) and more up to date utilizing 4k. Have looked at a lot of different units and had some in the home such as the TCL 6 series and Vizio M (not impressed with either). Noticed that rtings rates samsung 8 series higher than 6 Qled. So I am just interested in a TV that will have a good ui and do well in a mostly darker room. Don't to go to OLED extremes but already have a Sony 75" 950g in the family room, so I would like it to be respectable, at least better than what Vizios and TCL have provided me with so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-21-2020, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 173
TCL 6-series is a pretty darn good set for the money overall. If you didn't like that one, what in particular didn't you like about it? Lots of sets will perform well in a dark room, pretty much anything with a VA panel and FALD with a half-decent amount of zones will fit the bill (none of the 10-12 "low-zone" type sets will do). However if the 6-series wasn't to your liking you may need to buy something a good bit more expensive, from the likes of Sony, Samsung...or even get an OLED instead.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-21-2020, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_Revenge View Post
TCL 6-series is a pretty darn good set for the money overall. If you didn't like that one, what in particular didn't you like about it? Lots of sets will perform well in a dark room, pretty much anything with a VA panel and FALD with a half-decent amount of zones will fit the bill (none of the 10-12 "low-zone" type sets will do). However if the 6-series wasn't to your liking you may need to buy something a good bit more expensive, from the likes of Sony, Samsung...or even get an OLED instead.
The TCL had pixelated images when streaming and with blue ray fast camera action movement. Not ever seen on my Sony. It has a good overall picture but falls short of what the sony does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page