2020 Samsung FALD Q80T Owners Thread - No Price Talk - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 198Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 518 Old 03-15-2020, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
2020 Samsung FALD Q80T Owners Thread - No Price Talk

One of the two 4K Samsung FALDs for 2020 that's available in 49", 55", 65", 75" and 85".

Quick Specs:

Color: Titan Black
Stand Type: Floating Plate (no clown feet, yay!)
Dimming Technology: Supreme UHD Dimming (Direct Full Array 12X - 50 Zones in 55" model (5x10 according to the Service Menu)
Color: 100% Color Volume with Quantum Dot
HDR: Quantum HDR 12x and HDR10+ support
Ultra Viewing Angle and Anti Reflection/Glare Filter
Quantum Processor 4K
Multi View (splits your TV screen in two, putting the content you’re watching on one side, and mirroring your mobile screen on the other)
Freesync
Bixby, Alexa
2xUSB, 4xHDMI 2.0 (1xHDMI 2.1), eARC

No One Connect Box

Have been an owner of 55" version for about a week now. There's a slight green/blue push out of the box. No vertical banding, very slight DSE that you need a trained eye and specific content to notice. Virtually no blooming (even in HDR, black bars stay black) but the amount of zones makes itself apparent with some torture tests. Picture settings have slight inconsistencies between Picture modes (like Standard and Movie), especially in HDR but I'd wait for future updates to comment more on that (04/22/20 edit: firmware ver. 1113 introduced slightly different Contrast Enhancer and Local Dimming behavior across Picture modes which brought them closer together).

Some quick settings for regular SDR viewing:

General / Eco Solution:
ALL OFF

Picture Mode: Movie / Standard (slightly oversatures and boosts contrast, good for cable viewing, etc)
Brightness (this year's Backlight): 28 (depends how bright your viewing environment is)
Contrast: 45 (starts clipping on anything above)
Sharpness: 6 (for material with film grain this can vary)
Color: 27
Picture Clarity: Blur: 10/0 Judder: 0 Noise Reduction: Auto (can be crucial for material with film grain, no Low setting this year which is a bummer)
Local Dimming: Standard (in Movie mode, setting Local Dimming to High allows to disable dynamic tone mapping for more precise PQ EOTF tracking)
Contrast Enhancer: Off
Color Tone: Warm1 / Standard (some might prefer it for for cable viewing, etc)
White Balance 2 point: Gain: 6, -9, -3 Offset: 2, 0, 2
Gamma BT.1886: 0
Shadow Detail (this year's Brightness): 0/1

Color Space Custom:
RED: 55 43 38
GREEN: 5 55 20
BLUE: 10 3 38
YELLOW: 55 40 45
CYAN: 25 50 43
MAGENTA: 46 40 55

HDR viewing:

Picture Mode: Movie (note, that Standard mode slightly oversatures and boosts contrast, not by much but still. for example Color: 27 in Standard mode would be about 5 ticks higher in Movie mode if you want to roughly match them)

Brightness: 50
Contrast: 50
Sharpness: 1-10 (HDR material with a lot of film grain (especially artificial one) wouldn't look good with anything but 0/1 but for something like Transformers The Last Knight this can be easily boosted higher)
Color: 27/30 (see above)
Picture Clarity: Blur: 10/0 Judder: 0 Noise Reduction: Auto
Local Dimming: High
Contrast Enhancer: Low (yes, High would make it brighter but 98% of content out there is not mastered to be THAT bright and High setting would blow out the highlights. some is, though but leave it on Low if you don't want to experiment with it all the time)
Color Tone: Warm1
White Balance 2 point: Gain: 6, -9, -3 Offset: 2, 0, 2
Gamma ST.2084: -1/0/2
Shadow Detail: 0

Color Space Custom (DCI-P3):
RED: 100 40 32
GREEN: 5 90 70
BLUE: 30 3 100
YELLOW: 55 40 45
CYAN: 25 50 43
MAGENTA: 46 40 55
musicman0725 likes this.

Last edited by denpom; Yesterday at 11:35 AM.
denpom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 518 Old 03-16-2020, 01:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
zone count

Was not expecting them to decrease the zones from the Q80R by half. Glad I got last year's model then!
raf77 likes this.
Dravgis is offline  
post #3 of 518 Old 03-17-2020, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
hiperco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: "Greater Binghamton Area"
Posts: 890
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravgis View Post
Was not expecting them to decrease the zones from the Q80R by half. Glad I got last year's model then!
Samsung has crippled 4k sets across the board this year, putting their best tech only in 8k sets. And 8k is just dumb (no content, need to upscale native 4k content, etc).
Cuthalu likes this.
hiperco is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 518 Old 03-17-2020, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
3dprojector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 917
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
Samsung has crippled 4k sets across the board this year, putting their best tech only in 8k sets. And 8k is just dumb (no content, need to upscale native 4k content, etc).
8K price-wise is fairly reasonable,the flagship QN85Q950TS is $12,999.99

Last edited by 3dprojector; 03-17-2020 at 10:29 AM.
3dprojector is offline  
post #5 of 518 Old 03-19-2020, 11:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
Samsung has crippled 4k sets across the board this year, putting their best tech only in 8k sets. And 8k is just dumb (no content, need to upscale native 4k content, etc).
The reviews all seem to be saying that the performance is similar to the same model as last year, even though the specs are less.

I am not convinced on that, however. I am waiting on Rtings to come back with their measurements. The Q60T is clearly on par with the RU8000, but for the price, may provide fairly good value.

And that is the theme of the 2020 lineup - value for perceptibly comparable performance.
crono311 is offline  
post #6 of 518 Old 04-08-2020, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1233


still no software updates.
denpom is offline  
post #7 of 518 Old 04-08-2020, 09:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 4
This TV is listed as having 10 bit color, but is a 8 bit + FRC panel. Has anyone noticed any demonstrable performance loss in color over last years Q80R, does it matter? I'm trying to make an informed decision and this years models are really making that difficult. I'm moving on from a KS8000 set if that matters.
Bzchan is offline  
post #8 of 518 Old 04-08-2020, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzchan View Post
This TV is listed as having 10 bit color, but is a 8 bit + FRC panel. Has anyone noticed any demonstrable performance loss in color over last years Q80R, does it matter? I'm trying to make an informed decision and this years models are really making that difficult. I'm moving on from a KS8000 set if that matters.
i wouldn't worry about it. even if it's an 8-bit + FRC panel (where did you see that btw?), it's very common for such panels to be labeled "10-bit". in many cases image quality results are better than some "true" 10-bit panels or at least indistinguishable.

Last edited by denpom; 04-08-2020 at 10:56 AM.
denpom is offline  
post #9 of 518 Old 04-08-2020, 01:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
i wouldn't worry about it. even if it's an 8-bit + FRC panel (where did you see that btw?), it's very common for such panels to be labeled "10-bit". in many cases image quality results are better than some "true" 10-bit panels or at least indistinguishable.
I saw it listed here: https://www.displayspecifications.co...son/b6fd110fe0

I tried looking up some information as to where they came across this information, but was unable to source it. They are usually a good resource about panel types for monitors.

I'm gonna give the Q80T a shot and see if I can even tell the difference. The feature set offers a bit to be desired in the future proofing department, but I'm not been given much of a choice for my replacement.
Bzchan is offline  
post #10 of 518 Old 04-08-2020, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzchan View Post
I tried looking up some information as to where they came across this information, but was unable to source it. They are usually a good resource about panel types for monitors.
yeah, not sure what's their source but 10-bit test patterns look spectacular, even if you look at them at 1 inch distance.
denpom is offline  
post #11 of 518 Old 04-14-2020, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1233

i'm not sure if it's the case of US/Euro models but US Q80T does feature Ultra Wide Viewing angle and anti glare/reflection filter (HDTVTest video says it does not), i experience no backlight fluctuations of any kind in that Gravity scene either.

Last edited by denpom; 04-14-2020 at 01:13 PM.
denpom is offline  
post #12 of 518 Old 04-15-2020, 06:06 AM
Senior Member
 
robusto400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Cbd3UuNIU

i'm not sure if it's the case of US/Euro models but US Q80T does feature Ultra Wide Viewing angle and anti glare/reflection filter (HDTVTest video says it does not), i experience no backlight fluctuations of any kind in that Gravity scene either.
Why is this reviewer in the video comparing the new 80T to last years 70R as opposed to 80R? Very confused with this years model 80T as I have read several reviews on Amazon that it is a step down from 80R and does not have Ultra Angle Viewing although Samsung website indicates it does. Is it really newer version of the 80R with more powerful processor or a step down at the same price as the 80R?

TV: Samsung UN65JU7100
AVR: Yamaha RX-V683
Sony UBP-700 UHD, Apple 4kTV, Direct TV
5.1.2 Speakers: Front - Polk RM30, Center - Polk Csi5, Surround and Height (4) - Polk OWM3, Sub - Martin Logan Abyss
robusto400 is offline  
post #13 of 518 Old 04-15-2020, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by robusto400 View Post
Why is this reviewer in the video comparing the new 80T to last years 70R as opposed to 80R? Very confused with this years model 80T as I have read several reviews on Amazon that it is a step down from 80R and does not have Ultra Angle Viewing although Samsung website indicates it does. Is it really newer version of the 80R with more powerful processor or a step down at the same price as the 80R?
why people are doing it i have no idea. however, that information is indeed untrue: it does feature ultra viewing angle and anti glare filter (both look great btw). perhaps there are significant differences between EU and US models, i can't say since i have no access to the european version. other improvements listed in the video are true and already put Q80T over Q70R. Q80T has less dimming zones than Q80R but new processing algorithms that eliminate blooming with black bars, subtitles and on screen menus even with the brightest HDR material. i don't experience blooming with real material (but yes, you can see some of it with torture tests). also there's no vertical banding and extremely minimal amount of DSE that you have to hunt for. if those are not improvements i don't know what is.
denpom is offline  
post #14 of 518 Old 04-15-2020, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
*UFO*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Can someone confirm in the Q80T has the wide viewing angle filters? The Samsung website lists it in the 55"+ sizes, but HDTVtest claims it does not have it? Conflicting information.
*UFO* is offline  
post #15 of 518 Old 04-15-2020, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post
Can someone confirm in the Q80T has the wide viewing angle filters? The Samsung website lists it in the 55"+ sizes, but HDTVtest claims it does not have it? Conflicting information.
did you read the thread? I have the actual TV, it has all of that. he's talking about the euro version.
denpom is offline  
post #16 of 518 Old 04-15-2020, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
*UFO*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
did you read the thread? I have the actual TV, it has all of that. he's talking about the euro version.
I read the thread, however there is a lot of conflicting information going around so I got the answers from Samsung. The US Q80T is a completely different television than the EU Q80T (the one everyone is comparing to the Q70R). In fact, the US Q80T is a direct replacement for the 2019 US Q80R with some minor improvements. The US Q80T has both the Ultra Wide Angle filter and the Anti-reflective filter. The EU Q80T has neither. The US/EU Q70T both do not have either of these features.

TLDR;

US Q80T -> Direct replacement for US/EU Q80R (has Ultra Wide Angle/AR filter)

EU Q80T -> Direct replacement for US/EU Q70R (has no Ultra Wide Angle/AR filter)
denpom likes this.
*UFO* is offline  
post #17 of 518 Old 04-15-2020, 09:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Can you post a picture of the viewing angles and reflection. Im looking at this tv too
mark_42 is offline  
post #18 of 518 Old 04-16-2020, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_42 View Post
Can you post a picture of the viewing angles and reflection. Im looking at this tv too
if you're familiar with Q90R's Ultra Viewing Angle layer, it's similar although native contrast ratio looks improved to me. basically you have to be at about 70 degrees for it to start losing the contrast a little. same for the reflections handling which is great (sorry, hard to capture it with camera, check Rtings' Q90R review or videos above) at diffusing the light with some minimal distortions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Q80T_angle.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	578.5 KB
ID:	2710962  
denpom is offline  
post #19 of 518 Old 04-16-2020, 04:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
why people are doing it i have no idea. however, that information is indeed untrue: it does feature ultra viewing angle and anti glare filter (both look great btw). perhaps there are significant differences between EU and US models, i can't say since i have no access to the european version. other improvements listed in the video are true and already put Q80T over Q70R. Q80T has less dimming zones than Q80R but new processing algorithms that eliminate blooming with black bars, subtitles and on screen menus even with the brightest HDR material. i don't experience blooming with real material (but yes, you can see some of it with torture tests). also there's no vertical banding and extremely minimal amount of DSE that you have to hunt for. if those are not improvements i don't know what is.
Ok.
Once again.
What's are significant difference between US and EU version of q80t, beside filters?

One does have filters, other doesn't.
That all I can find in this thread.
raf77 is online now  
post #20 of 518 Old 04-16-2020, 08:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
why people are doing it i have no idea. however, that information is indeed untrue: it does feature ultra viewing angle and anti glare filter (both look great btw). perhaps there are significant differences between EU and US models, i can't say since i have no access to the european version. other improvements listed in the video are true and already put Q80T over Q70R. Q80T has less dimming zones than Q80R but new processing algorithms that eliminate blooming with black bars, subtitles and on screen menus even with the brightest HDR material. i don't experience blooming with real material (but yes, you can see some of it with torture tests). also there's no vertical banding and extremely minimal amount of DSE that you have to hunt for. if those are not improvements i don't know what is.
HDTVTEST reviews said the Q80R in the 55” had 50 zones, and his review of the Q80T in the 55” have 50 zones... So I’m confused about that.

Ascend Sierra-2 LCR | Ascend HTM-200 Surrounds | Rythmic E15HP | Yamaha RX-A780 | Samsung HU8550

Last edited by Wade.; 04-16-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Wade. is online now  
post #21 of 518 Old 04-16-2020, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
3dprojector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 917
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade. View Post
HDTVTEST reviews said the Q80R in the 55” had 50 zones, and his review of the Q80T in the 55” have 50 zones... So I’m confused about that.
read post#16
Euro version and the US are not the same
3dprojector is offline  
post #22 of 518 Old 04-16-2020, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade. View Post
HDTVTEST reviews said the Q80R in the 55” had 50 zones, and his review of the Q80T in the 55” have 50 zones... So I’m confused about that.
according to the local owner's thread, US version of Q80R has 96 zones.
denpom is offline  
post #23 of 518 Old 04-16-2020, 11:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post



US Q80T -> Direct replacement for US/EU Q80R (has Ultra Wide Angle/AR filter)



EU Q80T -> Direct replacement for US/EU Q70R (has no Ultra Wide Angle/AR filter)

So.
55q80r 96 zones.
55q80t 50 zones.

Clearly is not "direct replacement".
raf77 is online now  
post #24 of 518 Old 04-16-2020, 11:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
*UFO*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by raf77 View Post
So.
55q80r 96 zones.
55q80t 50 zones.

Clearly is not "direct replacement".
The US Q80T zones have not been confirmed yet. Either way, my Sony X950G has HALF the dimming zones as my TCL 625 and the Sony has better blacks with less blooming. It also does HDR much better. You can quote hardware specs all day, but those zones are driven by algorithms. In my experience the algorithm matters just as much if not more than the number of zones.
denpom and Cam1977 like this.
*UFO* is offline  
post #25 of 518 Old 04-17-2020, 12:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post
The US Q80T zones have not been confirmed yet. Either way, my Sony X950G has HALF the dimming zones as my TCL 625 and the Sony has better blacks with less blooming. It also does HDR much better. You can quote hardware specs all day, but those zones are driven by algorithms. In my experience the algorithm matters just as much if not more than the number of zones.
Just post #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
One of the two 4K Samsung FALDs for 2020 that's available in 49", 55", 65", 75" and 85".

Quick Specs:

Color: Titan Black
Stand Type: Floating Plate (no clown feet, yay!)
Dimming Technology: Supreme UHD Dimming (Direct Full Array 12X - 48/50 Zones in 55" model)
Color: 100% Color Volume with Quantum Dot
HDR: Quantum HDR 12x and HDR10+ support
Ultra Viewing Angle and Anti Reflection/Glare Filter
Quantum Processor 4K
Multi View (splits your TV screen in two, putting the content you’re watching on one side, and mirroring your mobile screen on the other)
Freesync
Bixby, Alexa
2xUSB, 4xHDMI 2.0 (1xHDMI 2.1), eARC

No One Connect Box
raf77 is online now  
post #26 of 518 Old 04-17-2020, 12:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
*UFO*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by raf77 View Post
Just post #1
You are quoting a forum member. No official reviews of the US Q80T have confirmed zone count.
*UFO* is offline  
post #27 of 518 Old 04-17-2020, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post
You are quoting a forum member. No official reviews of the US Q80T have confirmed zone count.
please go through the thread, the number of zones have been confirmed by multiple videos and myself.

but you're right, how they perform is another story.
denpom is offline  
post #28 of 518 Old 04-17-2020, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by raf77 View Post
What's are significant difference between US and EU version of q80t, beside filters?
first of all, having wide viewing angles and anti glare filters IS significant for many. now, seeing how the European version is aiming to replace Q70 line but US one is still on track to be the Q80 successor (number of zones aside, don't judge it until you see how they perform) there might be other differences such as processing (like i pointed out, Gravity scene looks great on my TV unlike what's being described by HDTVTEST), panel itself (true 10bit vs 8bit+FRC, etc) and overall performance. of course, it's all anecdotal unless testing them side by side.
denpom is offline  
post #29 of 518 Old 04-17-2020, 03:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 54
From what i gathered the Q80T is a replacement of the Q70R in every country. I live in Germany and we have a few variations of this model like the Q87T which has the Wide Viewing Angle too =



https://www.thomas-electronic-online...AM_14_GQ65Q87T
My guess is that this TV is the one they sell in the US as the regular version.



I would compare the MSRPs =



- Q80T 1799$ vs Q70R 2199$



- a Q80R was 2799$ at release and now the Q90T is at 2699$



- no Q90R equivalent, but for the MSRP of it you can get a Q800T now


Dimming Zones are 50 in the Q70R/Q80T and 96 in the Q80R/Q90T



Afaik the Q95T and Q85R we had in Germany are the same TVs aswell and the only difference to the Q80R/Q90T is the One Connect Box




But to see people being confused about the model numbers is exactly what Samsung wants.
raf77 likes this.
winterbegins is offline  
post #30 of 518 Old 04-17-2020, 04:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbegins View Post
From what i gathered the Q80T is a replacement of the Q70R in every country. I live in Germany and we have a few variations of this model like the Q87T which has the Wide Viewing Angle too =



https://www.thomas-electronic-online...AM_14_GQ65Q87T
My guess is that this TV is the one they sell in the US as the regular version.



I would compare the MSRPs =



- Q80T 1799$ vs Q70R 2199$



- a Q80R was 2799$ at release and now the Q90T is at 2699$



- no Q90R equivalent, but for the MSRP of it you can get a Q800T now


Dimming Zones are 50 in the Q70R/Q80T and 96 in the Q80R/Q90T



Afaik the Q95T and Q85R we had in Germany are the same TVs aswell and the only difference to the Q80R/Q90T is the One Connect Box




But to see people being confused about the model numbers is exactly what Samsung wants.
Exactly.
Confuse people and sell more 8k TVs.
raf77 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off