Decision time..Samsung Q70 or Sony X900F - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 03-25-2020, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I also narrowed my search to the 900F and Q70 (75").

Having enjoyed a Panasonic V10 plasma for 11 years, I chose the Sony for its superior motion handling, shadow detail and uncalibrated color.

Yes, there's blooming when viewed in a dark room. And yes, the UI & built-in apps are clunky. Fortunately, neither of these applies to how I use the set, so I'm very happy with it.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 03-25-2020, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spewdom View Post
Yeah, but the Q70 supports Dolby Digital+ and lossy Atmos over ARC. So it still sounds good if your only option for watching streaming services is through the TV apps and you have to use ARC.
Of course, streaming services only use DD+ at most and not their DTS competitor format at all but I mentioned it because people on this site are quite often enthusiasts that do more than just use native streaming apps for their only content and even then, native Plex, VLC and Kodi media players would be unable to play DTS at all. I know personally a lot of my content is DTS and not Dolby, so it's definitely worth mentioning before spending $1100+ on a TV to find out you can't run DTS at all unless you plug an external device straight into a soundbar... then again, real enthusiasts use an external device anyway, but you get my point, between 2 TV's so close overall it's worth mentioning for consideration.
post #33 of 33 Old 03-25-2020, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastacow53 View Post
I looked at both, but it's hard to tell one from another in the stores. I just considered those two because of rtings.com and post on this forum. I went the Costco route because it's just one purchase, no extra warranty to buy and Costco is great with returns.

I came to the Q70 from a 13 yr old JVC, so I'm no picture quality expert.
The Samsung 82" Q7D at Costco is a great deal too - making it hard for me to wait for the 2020 releases.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page