Where to buy your new TV - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #31 of 34 Old 04-03-2020, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Costco in the US sells Sony up to the 850 model. And they do not sell Hisense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 05-23-2020, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone have a clue IF and when would Costco get the Sony XBR85X950H ? Thanks
post #33 of 34 Old 05-23-2020, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 286
I've bought three of my 5 tvs from Amazon. Had to return two and one was an exchange for a larger size. No hassle at all. Actually, Amazon has spoiled me.
pilotart likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 Old 05-24-2020, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Cool Costco vs Amazon TV's

Over the past 16 years I've bought four TV's at Costco and returned two of them (a Vizio and an LG) and their Sony's are still working great. Costco has the best no-question return policy by far.

In the past seven years, I've bought four TV's through Amazon and returned two of them for cause. Amazon returns are limited to first 30 days and you need an acceptable reason or you're going to pay the freight.

Costco has nowhere near the selection of Amazon and pricing is usually too high (my first Sony was their last display unit, no box included, priced accordingly and still {2005} working perfectly).

I don't own any vehicle large enough to transport today's large screen TV's and Amazon's 'white-glove' delivery (and pick-up for returns) has been superb. You have to check "Warehouse" on Amazon for good pricing, or 'Black-Friday'. Costco's online may offer similar delivery.
Art
__________________________________________________ __

edit:>

I posted the above just to share my experience with those two outlets but on my next purchase I will at least investigate two other sources before any purchase.

The US Military Exchange has been opened for all Honorably Discharged Veterans now (it used to be only Active Duty or Retired) as I was drafted in 1965. They have best pricing and are tax exempt as well:

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News...ns/#pop1660210

Also on the preceding page, links to AVS Forum member/sponsor Cleveland Plasma (now named Cleveland AV) who has a great many rave reviews here from AVS Members. Here you would be speaking with an expert outfit who has been in the TV business since Plasma was king:

https://www.bbb.org/cleveland/quote/...nd-av-39002527

No matter whom you choose to purchase from; you'll be better informed after calling Cleveland.

(I'd probably just PM him from one of his many posts here.)

Last edited by pilotart; 05-24-2020 at 08:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page