3Likes
  • 3 Post By william273

post #1 of 4 Old 03-24-2020, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Are samsung panels overated

Whenever i had a TV that has a samsung panel I've noticed they have a particular look. Skin tones and skin details are off , sunlight has a slightly mucky look, browns are mushy. On the plus side they do well with lighting and shadows and are good with pastel tones.

I know this is subjective but i can't help but notice different panels give pictures a different tone.

Anyone else noticed this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-24-2020, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXmat View Post
Whenever i had a TV that has a samsung panel I've noticed they have a particular look. Skin tones and skin details are off , sunlight has a slightly mucky look, browns are mushy. On the plus side they do well with lighting and shadows and are good with pastel tones.

I know this is subjective but i can't help but notice different panels give pictures a different tone.

Anyone else noticed this

It's all over-rated to me. The industry can't even make a uniform panel over 55 inches and haven't figured out HDR and WCG and now they're pushing 8K when they barely make any movies in 4K...oh please! Most movies shot today are just upscaled to 4K and not true 4K...don't have a clue why they're pushing 8K...the industry is a joke and the joke's on us.
Gillietalls, Zoland2020 and Panson like this.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-24-2020, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXmat View Post

Anyone else noticed this
Yes, if you consider both the TCL 6 Series (2019) and Hisense H9G perform better than an equivalent Samsung Q70 at twice the price (at launch), and now priced about 50% more - the Q70 may be worth it if you play video games and/or prefer Tizen over Roku.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-24-2020, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Just think it's amazing that Sammy just won't do Dolby Vision. If content creators are selling DV, hard to imagine getting one without the ability to reproduce it. Selling that it's still good just doesn't do it. Here's your brand new 8k non-Dolby Vision capable just seems weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page