Samsung UN65TU8000 Backlight/Eco Settings Question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-28-2020, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Samsung UN65TU8000 Backlight/Eco Settings Question

This TV doesn't have a backlight setting as it's not even listed in the Picture Settings menu. It does have a Brightness setting that can be adjusted and I'm wondering what happened with the Backlight Setting since it's not there. Did they combine the backlight and brightness setting into just one setting called brightness or what?

Also I'm experimenting with the Eco Settings but not to save energy. I'm trying to minimize the cloudiness in the black bars when watching dark Bluray movies....I also use the Preset Movie Picture Setting. There's a setting for Ambient Light Detection, Motion Lighting and Power Saving and am wondering how much I'd be straying away from the Directors Intent using any of these settings. Any of these good to use or not use? I watch movies in a dark room as I have curtains with built in sun-block that works pretty well. I did notice the Power Saving setting got pretty dark and hid the cloudiness a good bit but the tradeoff was how dark it got...almost blurry so I'm not sure about that one. Hope someone can shed some light on this and thanks.

Last edited by william273; 03-28-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-28-2020, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Read this and it should answer all your questions.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sa...u8000/settings
post #3 of 4 Old 03-28-2020, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
Read this and it should answer all your questions.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sa...u8000/settings
You're right...it did. I'd still like to find out more about the Eco settings though...other than everyone saying to turn them off...I'd like to know why? Thanks Diocletian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-30-2020, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Samsung 65in TU8000 Crystal Settings

I'm finding when I use the Eco Power Saving option it does change the picture...makes it dimmer and hides the clouding, bleeding, flashlighting in the black bars a good bit...enough to be not as distracting and makes it easier to watch. Question is when I look at the Picture Settings nothing has changed...same as the preset Movie mode setting which defaults to the Brightness setting at 41...there is no Backlight setting on this model...only Brightness. Something does change but it's not showing in the Picture Settings so where are the changes taking place? In the Service Menu maybe?

I'm also wondering since I use the default preset Movie picture setting...will it still be valid using the Power Saving feature and what effect will that have on HDR...if any since this TV doesn't have much of it. I'm not sure how accurate the Movie mode is using the Power Saving feature which is why I'm asking. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page