How To Remove Haze On Hisense TV Screen - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-05-2020, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How To Remove Haze On Hisense TV Screen

Hi,
This is my tv information: https://www.hisense-usa.com/televisi...-hdr-64-5-diag., the issue I have is there is a haze of some kind on the plastic or whatever the material is on my tv. The good thing is that I'm still able to use my tv, when the tv is on you can't really see the haze, but when the tv is off you can see it. The last thing that I tried was using a solution of distilled water with a few drop's of dawn dishwashing liquid in using a microfiber cloth to clean the screen with, then I rinsed the screen using plain distilled water only again with a microfiber cloth. Then I dried the screen with a separate dry microfiber cloth, sadly the cloudiness/haze is still there. I know that lcd screens are very sensitive as to how to clean the screen, I've never used anything that contained alcohol to clean the screen with. I was wondering if there might be a reputable product that's available that would make the screen clearer again ? I wouldn't think a wax or something of that nature would safe to use. Any advice will be greatly appreciated !
David W.

Last edited by Davy49; 04-05-2020 at 03:45 AM. Reason: More Info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-06-2020, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Maybe it has a piece of very thin protective plastic over the whole screen, and you need to peel it off? Many other tv sets came with one. I don't know if this brand does for sure, but you can probably find the set's thread here and read through posts, or contact the manufacturer via the web and ask.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-07-2020, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primestar31 View Post
Maybe it has a piece of very thin protective plastic over the whole screen, and you need to peel it off? Many other tv sets came with one. I don't know if this brand does for sure, but you can probably find the set's thread here and read through posts, or contact the manufacturer via the web and ask.
Hi Primestar31,
First of all, thanks SO much for replying to my post, that proves to me that are still good people in this world ! Before I forget to mention it, Please Stay Safe Concerning The Terrible Virus That We All Are Having To Deal With !! As far as your comment, " Maybe it has a piece of very thin protective plastic over the whole screen, and you need to peel it off? Many other tv sets came with one." I call myself checking the screen area for that, but since I've gotten older (71) my eyesight surely isn't what it used to be..a short time ago while my wife and I were still living in texas, I had cataract surgery performed on both eye's, that did really help my vision, but lately I've been having an issue with my right eye, at first I thought my implanted lens had moved or something, but now I'm just seeing some pretty significant 'floaters' on my eye. Sorry about my long windiness, just to update you about the last thing I did, I read somewhere to safely clean a lcd/led screen,one of the safest things to use is some distilled water with a few drop's of a good quality dish detergent with a good microfiber cloth. That's what I did, after gently cleaning the screen with that mixture, I then used distilled water to make sure I got all of the first mixture off.After I used a dry microfiber cloth, at least to me the screen appears to be clearer. I'm thinking that I'll still double check it and see if I can tell if in fact it might have some plastic covering still on it, at least it's better than it was.
Sincerely,
David W.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-07-2020, 05:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 244
It is quite possibly an anti-reflective coating to reduce glare. Most LCD TVs that I have seen have a dull look to the screen.

Sharp LC-80LE844U | HT PC | Marantz AV8003 | Marsh Sound Design A400s (FL/FR) | Marantz MM7055 (C/SL/SR) | PSA MTM 210T (FL/FR) | PSA MTM 210C (Center) | Phase Tech PC 3.1 (SL/SR/SB) | Dual PSA S1811 Subs
post #5 of 7 Old 04-08-2020, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Hisense TVs don't seem to come with a film protection on them, as do some other TVs (TCL, for example). Instead they just have some tape on the sides but that's about it. So, I doubt it's a shipping screen protector.

When you clean the screen be sure to buff out the streaks...you'll need the dish soap first and then another damp lint free cloth or paper towel. Just be sure water doesn't seep into the frame at the bottom while doing this as water that gets under there can hit the tab bonds and corrode them over time, permanently destroying the panel. Once you start drying streaks are going to appear so you'll need to vigorously (in terms of motion) but gently (in terms of pressure) buff with the drying microfiber towel to remove the streaks. Use a large oval or oblong type pattern in buffing out streaks.

The best ways of doing this are either during the day in bright light (if you have windows you can pull the curtains/open the shutters on), or; by using a flashlight to carefully go over and inspect the area as you dry. On a larger TV I suggest you work in quadrants and then do a final inspection buffing any remaining streaks out. Don't let the screen get too dry--might want a small sprayer of water handy to spritz on areas where the streaks have dried too much--either that or the ol' "breathe on the screen" can work too.

If your eyesight is not the greatest, might want to have a helper to go over it with you as they may be able to better get all the streaks. The key is to ensure that you use light pressure as you do not want to damage the LCD panel.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-13-2020, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ES_Revenge,
First of all, thanks so much for your informative reply, among the things you mentioned..I really feel like this is one of the most important: "When you clean the screen be sure to buff out the streaks...you'll need the dish soap first and then another damp lint free cloth or paper towel". The last time I cleaned my screen, its just what I used to do so. I guess the first time that tried cleaning the screen I didn't do so properly,that's when I noticed the haze on the screen, and even though I don't recall using anything that was harmful to it (I did a lot of research before I performed the procedure), there was a hazy look that was left behind. After I used the distilled water with a small amount of dish detergent in it and then carefully rinsing the screen with distilled water and drying it with a microfiber cloth, it seems to be quite a bit better. I think another key point that probably might need to be mentioned would be to thoroughly dust the screen before attempting to actually clean it.Please Stay Safe !!
David
post #7 of 7 Old 04-20-2020, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Ah I see, so I think your issue is solved now then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page