Vizio double screen mystery (POP?) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-06-2020, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Vizio double screen mystery (POP?)

I have a Vizio 60" model E60-E3.

Last night I was trying to program a universal remote to it. (Lost the original remote a long time ago, and was trying to connect a new DVD player). While cycling through the codes, I somehow managed to change the display setting so that the screen is split in two, with an identical picture side by side, and a white vertical dotted line down the middle.

Now I don't know how to undo it. I have tried resetting it to factory settings but it still has the double screen. It looks a lot like the Vizio POP feature, but after researching it I'm not so sure I have activated POP; my current theory is I somehow made the TV think it is a 30" display instead of a 60" display.

Part of the problem is I don't have the original remote so can't seem to access all the menu options. I have the Vizio Smartcast app on my phone but it doesn't give me any more options than I'm getting with the universal remote.

But the fact I was able to DO this with the universal remote makes me think I should be able to UNDO it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200406_115859062.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	608.2 KB
ID:	2706602  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-06-2020, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Update:

I was able to fix it by changing the TV type through the factory settings. My theory was right; it thought it was a different kind of tv than it was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page