2020 Samsung Q90T Owners Thread - No Price Talk - Page 24 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 363Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #691 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 04:52 PM
Member
 
cminer72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMad View Post
For those that are wondering if the Q90T is a 10bit panel unfortunately it isn't.

Samsung has confirmed directly to the AVForums in the UK that only the 900T and 950T are 10bit panels in 2020.

Sorry I can post direct as I haven't made 5 posts yet but have a look at the Q95T review thread for more information.
Not sure why this matters, or why people on this thread are driving it into the ground. All the reviews say it looks as good or better than the Q90R, so who cares? If it looked worse, then it would be a problem. Since it doesn’t, you’re just obsessing on a number.
musicman0725 and denpom like this.
cminer72 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #692 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 04:54 PM
Member
 
esk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keabrown79 View Post
Thank you for posting that! I just see game mode checked nothing of freesync... that being said, I trust your eyes more than I can make out a compressed video. I wonder where that leaves us, is this whole issue of inverse ghosting a part of the panel lottery we think?
At the very beginning on the darkened out picture mode circle it says freesync hdr. Its hard to see if you don't know where to look. I feel very lost in these menu's still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cminer72 View Post
Not sure why this matters, or why people on this thread are driving it into the ground. All the reviews say it looks as good or better than the Q90R, so who cares? If it looked worse, then it would be a problem. Since it doesn’t, you’re just obsessing on a number.
It also scored significantly better than the q90r on the gradient test. When I saw that I stopped caring.
esk1 is online now  
post #693 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,299
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2693 Post(s)
Liked: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by cminer72 View Post
Not sure why this matters, or why people on this thread are driving it into the ground. All the reviews say it looks as good or better than the Q90R, so who cares? If it looked worse, then it would be a problem. Since it doesn’t, you’re just obsessing on a number.

Because people should be able to know what they are spending thousands of dollars on - and make their own decision...
Lorderl and ghonk like this.

Shopping List:
TV: LG CX/GX; Samsung Q90T/Q800T...?
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X
New24K is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #694 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 04:59 PM
Member
 
cminer72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Again, people are buying a tv that looks as good or better than the Q90R. Also being called one of the best 4K TVs you can buy. The number means nothing if it has no effect on actual performance.
musicman0725 and denpom like this.
cminer72 is offline  
post #695 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,299
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2693 Post(s)
Liked: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by cminer72 View Post
Again, people are buying a tv that looks as good or better than the Q90R. Also being called one of the best 4K TVs you can buy. The number means nothing if it has no effect on actual performance.

According to rtings - The Q90T has (vs. the Q90R):


Lower Contrast w/Local Dimming
Lower SDR Peak Brightness
Lower HDR Peak Brightness
Worse Gray Uniformity
Worse Black Uniformity
Lower Color Gamut
Lower Color Volume
raf77 likes this.

Shopping List:
TV: LG CX/GX; Samsung Q90T/Q800T...?
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X
New24K is offline  
post #696 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Keabrown79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by esk1 View Post
At the very beginning on the darkened out picture mode circle it says freesync hdr. Its hard to see if you don't know where to look. I feel very lost in these menu's still.



It also scored significantly better than the q90r on the gradient test. When I saw that I stopped caring.

Random question... did you do all the firmware updates before you did your testing by chance?
Keabrown79 is offline  
post #697 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Keabrown79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
According to rtings - The Q90T has (vs. the Q90R):


Lower Contrast w/Local Dimming
Lower SDR Peak Brightness
Lower HDR Peak Brightness
Worse Gray Uniformity
Worse Black Uniformity
Lower Color Gamut
Lower Color Volume
You have to keep in mind this is a replacement for the Q80R, not the Q90R.. and in that aspect the scores tell a different story.
New24K and raf77 like this.
Keabrown79 is offline  
post #698 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:17 PM
Member
 
esk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keabrown79 View Post
Random question... did you do all the firmware updates before you did your testing by chance?


I did not. I kept expecting it to ask me and it hasn’t yet. It’s on 1113 currently. I’ll update it manually if it doesn’t do it automatically and retest.
esk1 is online now  
post #699 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 61
All 2020 8k sets are 10bit panels, q950t and q900t and q800t.
Zooiez123 is offline  
post #700 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,626
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2508 Post(s)
Liked: 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbegins View Post
Either service menu or by counting them yourself via YT video. Make your room as dark as possible, local dimming to high and then fire up the AVS froum dimming zone video.
I would add looking at an angle will help further

LG 65B8
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
venus933 is online now  
post #701 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:35 PM
Member
 
LunaP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
According to rtings - The Q90T has (vs. the Q90R):


Lower Contrast w/Local Dimming
Lower SDR Peak Brightness
Lower HDR Peak Brightness
Worse Gray Uniformity
Worse Black Uniformity
Lower Color Gamut
Lower Color Volume
Yeah, everyone else is just blind on what they see right? God forbid people actually enjoy 1 over the other. I don't get why people live by "paper > visual perception"
denpom likes this.
LunaP is offline  
post #702 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,299
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2693 Post(s)
Liked: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post
Yeah, everyone else is just blind on what they see right? God forbid people actually enjoy 1 over the other. I don't get why people live by "paper > visual perception"

Because numbers don't lie... and very few (no one?) have the two side-by-side to compare.
raf77 likes this.

Shopping List:
TV: LG CX/GX; Samsung Q90T/Q800T...?
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X

Last edited by New24K; 05-28-2020 at 05:50 PM.
New24K is offline  
post #703 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 22
It also mops the floor with the Q90R in terms of game mode quality, blooming is much better, contrast and color seem improved from last year. People always pick out the worst stuff to constantly attack about a TV. You’ll never see these same people praise the great features.
musicman0725 and denpom like this.
FlattyLCDees is offline  
post #704 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:46 PM
Member
 
LunaP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
Because numbers don't lie... and very few (no one) have the two side-by-side to compare.
That's quite a huge statement to assume for everyone, glad you seem to know everything.

I guess the others in the thread and others that had both and answered questions were just purely lying, you should definitely report them, cant have them making you look bad.

1 Panel check on paper is a base comparison to multiple owners providing feedback and comparisons, but my apologies, I thought this was a forum for such discussion, not one for just simply referencing a single and calling it a day.
LunaP is offline  
post #705 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,299
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2693 Post(s)
Liked: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlattyLCDees View Post
It also mops the floor with the Q90R in terms of game mode quality, blooming is much better, contrast and color seem improved from last year. People always pick out the worst stuff to constantly attack about a TV. You’ll never see these same people praise the great features.

Because many people don't game - for one - so that is a useless feature to many.

And as far as contrast and color - the Q90R is better according to rtings.

Shopping List:
TV: LG CX/GX; Samsung Q90T/Q800T...?
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X
New24K is offline  
post #706 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:49 PM
Member
 
LunaP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
Because many people don't game - for one - so that is a useless feature to many.

And as far as contrast and color - the Q90R is better according to rtings.
I'm really curious where you get all your statistics from you seem to know SO much about what everyone does w/ their TV's, its fascinating honestly. Do you work for homeland?

Makes me curious what millions of console owners actually hook their devices up to then... hmmm
denpom likes this.
LunaP is offline  
post #707 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 05:59 PM
Senior Member
 
musicman0725's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 477
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
According to rtings - The Q90T has (vs. the Q90R):


Lower Contrast w/Local Dimming
Lower SDR Peak Brightness
Lower HDR Peak Brightness
Worse Gray Uniformity
Worse Black Uniformity
Lower Color Gamut
Lower Color Volume
They also state that the Q90T has:

Higher native contrast

Contrast with local dimming is a wash (see note in Q90R review about 55” variant under local dimming)

Better local dimming algorithm for blooming and subtitles

Uniformity is panel lottery

Brightness is basically identical and in one of the 10% window tests the Q90T is brighter

Better viewing angles due to new implementation of ultra viewing angle

eARC/HDMI 2.1

Finally they reviewed a 55” Q90T where last year they reviewed a 65” Q90R as their wasn’t a 55” Q90R in North America. 55” Q90R did not stack up as well compared to the 65” Q90R. They did update their review to no longer say the Q90T is better than the Q90R. It now says that they have similar performance overall. Biggest gripe was that there is no longer a one connect box.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
denpom likes this.

Samsung UN55KS8000 | Denon AVR-X4500H | AppleTV 4K | DirecTV HR54 + 4K RVU | Samsung UBD-M8500
Samsung UN55HU8550 + SEK-4500 | Samsung Soundbar HW-H550 | AppleTV 4K | DirecTV 4K RVU | Samsung UBD-K8500
Samsung QN43Q60RA | AppleTV 4th Gen | DirecTV C41W
musicman0725 is online now  
post #708 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 06:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
Because many people don't game - for one - so that is a useless feature to many.

And as far as contrast and color - the Q90R is better according to rtings.
I'm really curious where you get all your statistics from you seem to know SO much about what everyone does w/ their TV's, its fascinating honestly. Do you work for homeland?

Makes me curious what millions of console owners actually hook their devices up to then... hmmm
Exactly, I play games quite a bit. It matters a lot to me. Who gets to be the arbiter of how people use or don’t use their TVs?
FlattyLCDees is offline  
post #709 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 06:09 PM
Member
 
esk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman0725 View Post
They also state that the Q90T has:

Higher native contrast

Contrast with local dimming is a wash (see note in Q90R review about 55” variant under local dimming)

Better local dimming algorithm for blooming and subtitles

Uniformity is panel lottery

Brightness is basically identical and in one of the 10% window tests the Q90T is brighter

Better viewing angles due to new implementation of ultra viewing angle

eARC/HDMI 2.1

Finally they reviewed a 55” Q90T where last year they reviewed a 65” Q90R as their wasn’t a 55” Q90R in North America. 55” Q90R did not stack up as well compared to the 65” Q90R. They did update their review to no longer say the Q90T is better than the Q90R. It now says that they have similar performance overall. Biggest gripe was that there is no longer a one connect box.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Also starts at a lower msrp and with discounts and/sales can be had for pretty good price comparatively.

It seems like to me this isn’t a set for people that upgrade frequently and want to be amazed by something better than what they bought 2-3 years ago. But it seems like a great set for people who held on for awhile to something like my 2011 plasma or even something a little older and want to get in on the end of the current generation with hdmi 2.1 support. I don’t think we are going to see anything breathtaking till the new microled or qned tech hits the market and I won’t be an early adopter.
musicman0725 likes this.
esk1 is online now  
post #710 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 06:18 PM
Member
 
cminer72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlattyLCDees View Post
It also mops the floor with the Q90R in terms of game mode quality, blooming is much better, contrast and color seem improved from last year. People always pick out the worst stuff to constantly attack about a TV. You’️ll never see these same people praise the great features.

Because many people don't game - for one - so that is a useless feature to many.

And as far as contrast and color - the Q90R is better according to rtings.
Yet they sum it up, “Compared to 2019's Q90R, it performs almost identically”. Take your trolling elsewhere, no one here’s buying it.
cminer72 is offline  
post #711 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Keabrown79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by esk1 View Post
Also starts at a lower msrp and with discounts and/sales can be had for pretty good price comparatively.

It seems like to me this isn’t a set for people that upgrade frequently and want to be amazed by something better than what they bought 2-3 years ago. But it seems like a great set for people who held on for awhile to something like my 2011 plasma or even something a little older and want to get in on the end of the current generation with hdmi 2.1 support. I don’t think we are going to see anything breathtaking till the new microled or qned tech hits the market and I won’t be an early adopter.
I couldn’t agree more... I’m in an interesting spot as I have a perfect q9fn and I’m wanting to get a new HDMI 2.1 set for next gen consoles.. I’m wondering if now is my time to experiment with oled and get a c9 with warranty, I mean if it burns in I get my money back and I buy whatever the current led set is...
Keabrown79 is offline  
post #712 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 06:27 PM
Member
 
esk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keabrown79 View Post
I couldn’t agree more... I’m in an interesting spot as I have a perfect q9fn and I’m wanting to get a new HDMI 2.1 set for next gen consoles.. I’m wondering if now is my time to experiment with oled and get a c9 with warranty, I mean if it burns in I get my money back and I buy whatever the current led set is...


It’s not even just this year it’s the whole market. I don’t think anyone could tell a cx vs c9 a part either. I think hdmi should be a key feature if your looking for a new tv and play games. But if you already have a great tv I would personally just wait. No real AAAA next gen game is going to push 60hz and 60hz is a good experience. It’s going to be mainly backwards compatible stuff that pushes higher FPS. Vrr is nice but not worth an upgrade on its own especially with its limited ranges on some sets.
musicman0725 likes this.
esk1 is online now  
post #713 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,299
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2693 Post(s)
Liked: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by cminer72 View Post
Yet they sum it up, “Compared to 2019's Q90R, it performs almost identically”. Take your trolling elsewhere, no one here’s buying it.

They also say "this is a replacement of the Samsung Q80/Q80R QLED and not the Samsung Q90/Q90R QLED."

So check your attitude elsewhere... bud.

I'm not saying it isn't a good TV - it's just not what most people expected.

Most people expected the Q90T to be a replacement for the Q90R - and that's not what we got.

I'm sure quite a few will be happy with this TV, however.
SLUDGE and raf77 like this.

Shopping List:
TV: LG CX/GX; Samsung Q90T/Q800T...?
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X

Last edited by New24K; 05-28-2020 at 07:01 PM.
New24K is offline  
post #714 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,626
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2508 Post(s)
Liked: 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
They also say "this is a replacement of the Samsung Q80/Q80R QLED and not the Samsung Q90/Q90R QLED."

So check your attitude elsewhere... bud.

I'm not saying it isn't a good TV - it's just what most people expected.

Most people expected the Q90T to be a replacement for the Q90R - and that's not what we got.

I'm sure quite a few will be happy with this TV, however.
The PQ performance of the Q90T matches much closer to the Q90R than the Q80R. True, the zone count is much closer to the Q80R but apparently that has been compensated for by a better dimming algorithm.
musicman0725 likes this.

LG 65B8
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)

Last edited by venus933; 05-28-2020 at 07:06 PM.
venus933 is online now  
post #715 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 07:07 PM
Member
 
cminer72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cminer72 View Post
Yet they sum it up, “Compared to 2019's Q90R, it performs almost identically”. Take your trolling elsewhere, no one here’️s buying it.

They also say "this is a replacement of the Samsung Q80/Q80R QLED and not the Samsung Q90/Q90R QLED."

So check your attitude elsewhere... bud.

I'm not saying it isn't a good TV - it's just what most people expected.

Most people expected the Q90T to be a replacement for the Q90R - and that's not what we got.

I'm sure quite a few will be happy with this TV, however.
The side by side comparison of the Q80R and Q90R show them to be almost identical outside of design. And the performance of the Q90T is on par with the Q90R. Again, when you talk about performance instead of spreadsheets, it doesn’t matter. You’re still spouting nonsense to stir up trouble.
musicman0725 and denpom like this.
cminer72 is offline  
post #716 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 08:03 PM
Member
 
Lorderl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMad View Post
For those that are wondering if the Q90T is a 10bit panel unfortunately it isn't.

Samsung has confirmed directly to the AVForums in the UK that only the 900T and 950T are 10bit panels in 2020.

Sorry I can post direct as I haven't made 5 posts yet but have a look at the Q95T review thread for more information.
What a total F'ing joke!
New24K likes this.

Display: Samsung LN55B650
AVR: Denon 2809ci
Players: OPPO BDP-83 || Streaming: Amazon Fire TV || Kindle Fire HD8
Speakers: Paradigm Studio 20v3 || CC-570v3 || ADP-470v3
Sub: JTR Captivator 2400ULF-10hz
Lorderl is offline  
post #717 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 08:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cminer72 View Post
Yet they sum it up, “Compared to 2019's Q90R, it performs almost identically”. Take your trolling elsewhere, no one here’️s buying it.

They also say "this is a replacement of the Samsung Q80/Q80R QLED and not the Samsung Q90/Q90R QLED."

So check your attitude elsewhere... bud.

I'm not saying it isn't a good TV - it's just not what most people expected.

Most people expected the Q90T to be a replacement for the Q90R - and that's not what we got.

I'm sure quite a few will be happy with this TV, however.
Not sure what your point is?

It performs almost identically (better in many respects) and is significantly cheaper. I’d say that’s a pretty good replacement!

If you want a dollar for dollar replacement for the Q90R, go check out the Q800T.

But I’ll take a TV as good as the Q90R, if not better, for less any day.
Blue Sun is offline  
post #718 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 26,437
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7649 Post(s)
Liked: 7713
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post

Most people expected the Q90T to be a replacement for the Q90R - and that's not what we got.
I find that hard to believe, unless Samaung is trying to confuse people.......
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #719 of 1520 Old 05-28-2020, 09:45 PM
Member
 
LunaP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
I find that hard to believe, unless Samaung is trying to confuse people.......
It's been the only thing they've been talking about , despite not even owning the TV, just pure speculation from heresay and negativity. Its like when someone looks through reviews to find the 1 negative one to convince them otherwise, and thats checkmate for the product.

Its people like that the keep me from reading any reviews unless its backed up by a good number of people that are pretty adamant about their sets, I bring home the models I'm curious on, stick w/ them a few weeks then take back the ones that don't fit what I like, noone here can justify what someone else will or will not like based on something they may or may not know, the fact that he keeps attempting to bring it up and beat the dead horse is getting pretty old, despite not having seen or touched on themselves, which contradicts the entire argument.

Can we please get back on track w/ actual facts and findings? There's still much to discuss/share w/ others on fixes/setups and info for Samsung reps / people here to bring to other higher ups that may actually have a shot at getting samsungs attention on the matter. Gets hard for people to sort through information when someones nonstop bashing things to death to reinforce their belief that everyone else is wrong.
musicman0725 likes this.
LunaP is offline  
post #720 of 1520 Old 05-29-2020, 12:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 6
What is with people saying the Q9R is overall the better tv???? So annoying... Both have some aspects that are better than the other, where as Q90T is by the far the better tv when it comes to gaming because of game motion plus and 4k 120hz capable.. The Q90t is overall the better tv as a whole. I wouldn't take anybody who says different seriously because they are just plain wrong
smoothbutter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off