2020 Samsung Q900T / Q950T Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 63Likes

post #61 of 181 Old 05-20-2020, 12:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by baj66 View Post
I think it's grain, but has an unintended affect with that size of a screen and higher ppi. Plus that's a new movie so it's not a crappy transfer (like Top Gun in 4K, really bad, the opening credits actually jump around on the screen like someone took a 4K camera and recorded the movie off of their TV). On the other hand high quality 4K can looking absolutely stunning upscaled to 8K.

Having additional problems now with the Q900T dimming and getting too dark. Change the settings (standard, movie, natural...etc.) it gets nice and bright, then dims again within minutes (adaptive control is off, so it's not that... turned off contrast enhancer as well).

And I fully agree with your last statement, Z9G is on the way!

I did adjust sharpness from 0 to 10 and even at 0 it was still there. HDR optimizer on the 4K player was also off, which can add some noise.

hey bud so did you end up returning the q900t?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 181 Old 05-20-2020, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcarboost View Post
Thanks! Glad to hear you’re enjoying the TV! Can you comment on the motion handling? Do you use Auto Motion Plus? Any frame stuttering? That’s my main concern with Samsung’s. I like to use motion smoothing but have always had issues with Samsung’s in that department. I don’t mean judder. I mean it actually stutters and appears to skip frames when using auto motion plus. I would see this on cable feed and blu ray. It sounds like they may have finally fixed it this year with a new pull down algorithm so I’m curious. Thanks in advance!
Note - I typically turn off all motion handling, sharpness, auto modes etc., if needed I will create a custom mode where I turn only whats needed and at the lowest setting possible. Right now I have everything off as the set is new and I want to establish the baseline of what it looks like native before, or if, I introduce any processing.

I watched some basketball, football and ice hockey briefly on the set. I was quite happy with clarity of all. That said, all of it was re-runs from older content, given there are no sports on right now, so in some cases the source material wasn't the greatest, and if I did see anything I chalked it up to crappy content - example the basketball was clearly pour source material as the moments where there was a pause in the game the people in the front rows looked crappy.

Gaming is true pleasure on this set, great color and no noticeable lag. Input lag was also very good on the Q900R I had, both are much better than the Z9D in that regard. Color on the 900T is also much better than the 900R.

Hope that helps somewhat.
slowcarboost likes this.

Samsung 85Q900T, Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz 8802A/MM8077, Panasonic - DP-UB820 , Xbox One X, Kef Reference 205/2, SVS SB16-Ultra
post #63 of 181 Old 05-20-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky11 View Post
Note - I typically turn off all motion handling, sharpness, auto modes etc., if needed I will create a custom mode where I turn only whats needed and at the lowest setting possible. Right now I have everything off as the set is new and I want to establish the baseline of what it looks like native before, or if, I introduce any processing.

I watched some basketball, football and ice hockey briefly on the set. I was quite happy with clarity of all. That said, all of it was re-runs from older content, given there are no sports on right now, so in some cases the source material wasn't the greatest, and if I did see anything I chalked it up to crappy content - example the basketball was clearly pour source material as the moments where there was a pause in the game the people in the front rows looked crappy.

Gaming is true pleasure on this set, great color and no noticeable lag. Input lag was also very good on the Q900R I had, both are much better than the Z9D in that regard. Color on the 900T is also much better than the 900R.

Hope that helps somewhat.
thanks for the thoughts treky! have you had a chance to watch some films in a darker setting? at night with relatively dim lights? how does the tv fair then? we all know the q900t should be an absolute beast in a bright room but curious to see how it stacks vs oleds where normally the latter dominates.

also, does the anti reflective filter that is visible on black screens in day time bother you at all after having spent some time with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 181 Old 05-20-2020, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
thanks for the thoughts treky! have you had a chance to watch some films in a darker setting? at night with relatively dim lights? how does the tv fair then? we all know the q900t should be an absolute beast in a bright room but curious to see how it stacks vs oleds where normally the latter dominates.

also, does the anti reflective filter that is visible on black screens in day time bother you at all after having spent some time with it?
I have not yet watched a blu-raydisc. That will happen this weekend. I have streamed one movie and watched a bunch of WestWorld, all in a dark room at night and the TV looks fantastic. I also game at night with the lights off, just as good in game mode.

I haven't noticed the anti reflective filter in the day. Once in a while at night you can see it on a full black screen when credits roll, or something of the like but it doesn't bother me. The benefits far outweigh the cons in my situation. My Z9D would show any light behind it at night like a mirror, and reflections were way more common and noticeable on the Z9D in general because its not nearly as bright as the 900T.

My suggestion would be to but the TV someplace where you have a flexible return policy, like Best Buy or a local retailer that is willing to work with you. My bet is that you would keep the TV as its so nice. Even if I was putting my set in a windowless home theater fully dark I would will still go the 900T route as I'm so pleased with it.

My only issue at this point, (I don't even notice the tilt anymore), is with VRR and the Xbox One X, causes flickering so I have VRR off. But as I have said earlier I very happy with gaming, so not sure that even when it gets fixed if I will notice a difference. Since the 900R didn't have the issue I am assuming it will get corrected via a firmware update.

Samsung 85Q900T, Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz 8802A/MM8077, Panasonic - DP-UB820 , Xbox One X, Kef Reference 205/2, SVS SB16-Ultra
post #65 of 181 Old 05-20-2020, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Quote:

I have not yet watched a blu-raydisc. That will happen this weekend. I have streamed one movie and watched a bunch of WestWorld, all in a dark room at night and the TV looks fantastic. I also game at night with the lights off, just as good in game mode.

I haven't noticed the anti reflective filter in the day. Once in a while at night you can see it on a full black screen when credits roll, or something of the like but it doesn't bother me. The benefits far outweigh the cons in my situation. My Z9D would show any light behind it at night like a mirror, and reflections were way more common and noticeable on the Z9D in general because its not nearly as bright as the 900T.

My suggestion would be to but the TV someplace where you have a flexible return policy, like Best Buy or a local retailer that is willing to work with you. My bet is that you would keep the TV as its so nice. Even if I was putting my set in a windowless home theater fully dark I would will still go the 900T route as I'm so pleased with it.

My only issue at this point, (I don't even notice the tilt anymore), is with VRR and the Xbox One X, causes flickering so I have VRR off. But as I have said earlier I very happy with gaming, so not sure that even when it gets fixed if I will notice a difference. Since the 900R didn't have the issue I am assuming it will get corrected via a firmware update.

Do you think it is much better than ZD9 in terms upscaling
post #66 of 181 Old 05-20-2020, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brho0m13 View Post
Do you think it is much better than ZD9 in terms upscaling
yes, but its an unfair comparison in the sense that your comparing 4k to 8k scaling. that said, i prefer the 900T in everyway over my z9d

post #67 of 181 Old 05-20-2020, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I have the 75q800t and also have flicker with vrr and don’t run it also. Hopefully fixed in a future update.
post #68 of 181 Old 05-20-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Once in a while at night you can see it on a full black screen when credits roll, or something of the like but it doesn't bother me.
bud can i just clarify this part? so you notice it when there are no lights around at all or when its dark generally but with background point sources of light that get diffracted on the screen? i would imagine if it was a dark room without particularly bright sources of light there's nothing much for the filter to reflect and so it should be less noticeable.
post #69 of 181 Old 05-21-2020, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
bud can i just clarify this part? so you notice it when there are no lights around at all or when its dark generally but with background point sources of light that get diffracted on the screen? i would imagine if it was a dark room without particularly bright sources of light there's nothing much for the filter to reflect and so it should be less noticeable.
the latter, if the room is dark and there is a bright light shining on the screen when the screen is full black you will see some reflection of the light and refraction. I never see anything if screen has normal content. if the room is dark and there is no light you dont see it. and during the day i never see it. so 99.9% of the time i don't see it. i suppose if you like to watch a lot of credits and you have a light shining on the screen when doing so you will be bothered, but its a non-issue for me.

post #70 of 181 Old 05-21-2020, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
yes, but its an unfair comparison in the sense that your comparing 4k to 8k scaling. that said, i prefer the 900T in everyway over my z9d
Thanks for sharing all your valuable insight and congrats on your 900T!

Can you please elaborate more on the differences between the Z9D and the Q900T?

I have a 75" Z9D which I am madly in love with, but basically I want an 85 inch Z9D, which does not exist. So basically my options on the Sony side are the 85" Z9G, or potentially the upcoming 85" Z8H.

The Sony's are way, way, way thicker than the Samsung Q900T and Q950TS which is a consideration. Also the Sony's have way thicker bezels.

I assume you made the same comparisons. What lead you to the choice of the Q900T?

Also, how is the motion on the Q900T?

You mentioned that the 8K v. 4K alone makes a huge difference. Can you please share more insight on this?

"Never mistake motion for action." —Ernest Hemingway

Editor and Publisher of Jake's Rolex World @ www.RolexMagazine.com
post #71 of 181 Old 05-21-2020, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeE View Post
Thanks for sharing all your valuable insight and congrats on your 900T!

Can you please elaborate more on the differences between the Z9D and the Q900T?

I have a 75" Z9D which I am madly in love with, but basically I want an 85 inch Z9D, which does not exist. So basically my options on the Sony side are the 85" Z9G, or potentially the upcoming 85" Z8H.

The Sony's are way, way, way thicker than the Samsung Q900T and Q950TS which is a consideration. Also the Sony's have way thicker bezels.

I assume you made the same comparisons. What lead you to the choice of the Q900T?

Also, how is the motion on the Q900T?

You mentioned that the 8K v. 4K alone makes a huge difference. Can you please share more insight on this?
motion is fine, see my earlier post on motion. i also posted several other comments on my thoughts on the the samsung vs the sony.

i wasn't interested in last year's sony, and this year's looks like a step down without blacklight master drive. i also think samsung is definetly ahead of sony in regards to gaming/input lag and i game a fair amount on my tv (xbox).

also, not a fan of the look of the sony, the thickness and the placement of the feet.

in short, not missing the Z9 at all. i feel the 900T is an upgrade in every way.

post #72 of 181 Old 05-21-2020, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Did you buy from Best Buy in NJ? Did they deliver to your house (even if just drop off) or did you pick it up? Best Buy as told me that NJ won’t allow home deliveries from the store yet (been like this for two weeks now). Sadly my SUV is only 45 inches wide in the back and the box is 49 inches.....Sigh.....
post #73 of 181 Old 05-21-2020, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Priestley View Post
Did you buy from Best Buy in NJ? Did they deliver to your house (even if just drop off) or did you pick it up? Best Buy as told me that NJ won’t allow home deliveries from the store yet (been like this for two weeks now). Sadly my SUV is only 45 inches wide in the back and the box is 49 inches.....Sigh.....
yes. ordered on the website, was delivered 3 days later. dropped it of on front door step. honestly, was the fastest delivery i ever had, and i liked this way. i'd rather unbox and set up myself so i was very happy with the delivery experience.

post #74 of 181 Old 05-21-2020, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
motion is fine, see my earlier post on motion. i also posted several other comments on my thoughts on the the samsung vs the sony.

i wasn't interested in last year's sony, and this year's looks like a step down without blacklight master drive. i also think samsung is definetly ahead of sony in regards to gaming/input lag and i game a fair amount on my tv (xbox).

also, not a fan of the look of the sony, the thickness and the placement of the feet.

in short, not missing the Z9 at all. i feel the 900T is an upgrade in every way.
Thanks so much for your considerate response :-)

Can please you take a photo of your TV from the side view so we can see the exact color of the bezel on both the front and side? in the photos it looks like the beze is sliver on the sides and dark grey on the front. Is this correct?

"Never mistake motion for action." —Ernest Hemingway

Editor and Publisher of Jake's Rolex World @ www.RolexMagazine.com

Last edited by JakeE; 05-21-2020 at 09:10 PM.
post #75 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 03:06 AM

Quote:
the latter, if the room is dark and there is a bright light shining on the screen when the screen is full black you will see some reflection of the light and refraction. I never see anything if screen has normal content. if the room is dark and there is no light you dont see it. and during the day i never see it. so 99.9% of the time i don't see it. i suppose if you like to watch a lot of credits and you have a light shining on the screen when doing so you will be bothered, but its a non-issue for me.
thanks for that! hope you're enjoying your tv!
post #76 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 05:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
yes. ordered on the website, was delivered 3 days later. dropped it of on front door step. honestly, was the fastest delivery i ever had, and i liked this way. i'd rather unbox and set up myself so i was very happy with the delivery experience.
The heck?!? When I first ordered the cx I had to speak to a magnolia employee in Texas to order it. I think the issue was the cx right now is a magnolia only purchase and can’t be ordered online similar to pioneer elite receivers. The problem was it also had to be delivered from a store and not a warehouse and they said it couldn’t be delivered because of state mandates. He said the same applied to the q900t and that the policy still stands when he spoke with my local store in Paramus. He even checked in NY state as I’m also close to the border and it was the same deal. What is your closest Best Buy? I wonder if there are different orders by county (Bergen was the covid hotspot).
post #77 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
The heck?!? When I first ordered the cx I had to speak to a magnolia employee in Texas to order it. I think the issue was the cx right now is a magnolia only purchase and can’️t be ordered online similar to pioneer elite receivers. The problem was it also had to be delivered from a store and not a warehouse and they said it couldn’️t be delivered because of state mandates. He said the same applied to the q900t and that the policy still stands when he spoke with my local store in Paramus. He even checked in NY state as I’️m also close to the border and it was the same deal. What is your closest Best Buy? I wonder if there are different orders by county (Bergen was the covid hotspot).
I’m in Bergen. Paramus is my closest store. Just order on the website like I did. Monday delivery if you order right now.

post #78 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member

Well that’s annoying! Gonna look into it now. One last thing, Samsung’s website says its 1” deep whereas the 950TS is 0.6”. I understand all the components are on the back on this one as opposed to the 950TS which uses the one connect box. Is it uniformly 1” deep in the back, or does just a portion stick out one inch? Not much of a big deal as I won’t be wall mounting it (Unless the tilt bothers me) and anything has to be thinner than the Z9D.

Also did you buy geek squad protection? It seemed to make sense on an OLED given burn in risk. Not sure about this TV....

Last edited by Jason Priestley; 05-22-2020 at 08:09 AM.
post #79 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 23
For the first time in a while, I can hear only positive comments on Samsung Q950TS/Q900TS From users I see almost only one dissatisfied user

I still waiting for Q950TS reviews And look how it look

Last edited by Brho0m13; 05-22-2020 at 01:15 PM.
post #80 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:

I agree that Samsung has lower input but it comes at a cost, they have to turn off a lot of the tv processing which degrades the picture quality which is a shame since you don't get to see that beautiful 4k hdr in all its glory.
Sony strives for a balance, low input lag but at the same time giving you an amazing picture so you can enjoy the graphics.
The difference between Sony and Samsung input lag is so low the only person who would see a slight benefit would be a professional esports gamer and those people game on a monitor which has the lowest input lag.
post #81 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by picturequality View Post
I agree that Samsung has lower input but it comes at a cost, they have to turn off a lot of the tv processing which degrades the picture quality which is a shame since you don't get to see that beautiful 4k hdr in all its glory.
Sony strives for a balance, low input lag but at the same time giving you an amazing picture so you can enjoy the graphics.
The difference between Sony and Samsung input lag is so low the only person who would see a slight benefit would be a professional esports gamer and those people game on a monitor which has the lowest input lag.
every sony i every had and currently have turns off everything in game mode. the picture degrades in game mode on all tvs, sony included. sony still has more lag. my samsung looks way better than the Z9D in game mode. and you can easily notice the difference in FPS when you drop 15ms+.

post #82 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well that’s annoying! Gonna look into it now. One last thing, Samsung’s website says its 1” deep whereas the 950TS is 0.6”. I understand all the components are on the back on this one as opposed to the 950TS which uses the one connect box. Is it uniformly 1” deep in the back, or does just a portion stick out one inch? Not much of a big deal as I won’t be wall mounting it (Unless the tilt bothers me) and anything has to be thinner than the Z9D.

Also did you buy geek squad protection? It seemed to make sense on an OLED given burn in risk. Not sure about this TV....
Yes, uniform. Power plug sticks out, but thats it. If wanted a flush mount a recessed box would be required, that type of recess box is pretty typical for flush mounts as far as I have seen.

No, I didn't buy the protection plan.

post #83 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
every sony i every had and currently have turns off everything in game mode. the picture degrades in game mode on all tvs, sony included. sony still has more lag. my samsung looks way better than the Z9D in game mode. and you can easily notice the difference in FPS when you drop 15ms+.
I am not sure why you would say something that is not true, we should be helping each other not trying to mislead anyone. If you are a casual then my apologies because it would mean that you don't understand what you are looking at.
In terms of picture quality, the z9d game mode has the best combination of deep blacks shadow detail and blooming control out of all LCDs and I have seen a lot its the closest that you can get to OLED gaming picture.
Yes, all LCDs have to turn off some processing to get lower input and yes Sony could do this to get their input lag as low as Samsung but you have to sacrifice the picture quality to do so there is no other way, they go for the middle ground to strike a balance that's all because at the end of the day a hardcore gamer will use a monitor for the best input lag.
post #84 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I am not sure why you would say something that is not true, we should be helping each other not trying to mislead anyone. If you are a casual then my apologies because it would mean that you don't understand what you are looking at.
In terms of picture quality, the z9d game mode has the best combination of deep blacks shadow detail and blooming control out of all LCDs and I have seen a lot its the closest that you can get to OLED gaming picture.
Yes, all LCDs have to turn off some processing to get lower input and yes Sony could do this to get their input lag as low as Samsung but you have to sacrifice the picture quality to do so there is no other way, they go for the middle ground to strike a balance that's all because at the end of the day a hardcore gamer will use a monitor for the best input lag.
I'm not sure why you are disagreeing with me. I have both sets in my house, i played on the Z9D for years. The Samsung beats it hands down in both picture quality and input lag. Pretty straight forward.

post #85 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure why you are disagreeing with me. I have both sets in my house, i played on the Z9D for years. The Samsung beats it hands down in both picture quality and input lag. Pretty straight forward.
Because I am actually speaking the truth I was able to explain what the z9d does better in terms of picture quality with the blacks, shadow detail, and blooming control I will also add the picture on the z9d has a little bit more 3d dept to it. Now kindly explain to us in what way is the picture in game mode better on Samsung.
post #86 of 181 Old 05-22-2020, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Because I am actually speaking the truth I was able to explain what the z9d does better in terms of picture quality with the blacks, shadow detail, and blooming control I will also add the picture on the z9d has a little bit more 3d dept to it. Now kindly explain to us in what way is the picture in game mode better on Samsung.
Do you have both TVs in your house now?

post #87 of 181 Old 05-23-2020, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Do you have both TVs in your house now?
lol this exchange is quite funny I have to say... i'm not sure why he's baiting you.

anyway, how's the movie watching going? have you managed to put some challenging dark content on it? gravity? and any updated thoughts vs your B9? I do wish you were comparing vs a C9; the B9's peak brightness is a fair bit lower as I understand.

Last edited by athenaesword; 05-23-2020 at 02:48 AM.
post #88 of 181 Old 05-23-2020, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Is the Q900TS bezel and the Q950TS bezel the same? The Samsung says it is the infinity screen. However the measurements of the 85” is 73.9” while the 950TS is 73.7”. From 14 feet away, I’m assuming I would not see the difference but what is the difference? On the Best Buy website the images appear to show the Q900TS has an inner black bezel outside of the metal bezel while the Q950TS appears to be all metal. HOWEVER, when I see videos on YouTube (of which there are not many), there does appear to be that inner bezel on the 950TS. Anybody know the answer? And from your seating position does it really look nearly bezel-less? Also does the Q900TS have the larger bezel border at the bottom like the Q950TS?

One other question? Anybody try Ambient+ mode? I think this is while the TV is in standby. Gimmicky or actually useful to hide that you have a giant black box on the wall? Thanks!

CX77 order is getting cancelled today and Q900TS will be ordered. Spoke to Best Buy yesterday and they said the issue w/ delivery was a platform issue where if they try to order on their own system it still says you can’t deliver as it will try to deliver from store. But if you order from the website it will work. I couldn’t order it yesterday for Monday delivery as they still have to cancel the other order on their end (and I wanted to fully cancel that order out first before ordering the second). Somewhat annoying that this is what has happened but at the same time they have been quite helpful and communicative and for all i know this person wasn’t even working yesterday and was just texting me as a courtesy.
post #89 of 181 Old 05-23-2020, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Is the Q900TS bezel and the Q950TS bezel the same? The Samsung says it is the infinity screen. However the measurements of the 85” is 73.9” while the 950TS is 73.7”. From 14 feet away, I’m assuming I would not see the difference but what is the difference? On the Best Buy website the images appear to show the Q900TS has an inner black bezel outside of the metal bezel while the Q950TS appears to be all metal. HOWEVER, when I see videos on YouTube (of which there are not many), there does appear to be that inner bezel on the 950TS. Anybody know the answer? And from your seating position does it really look nearly bezel-less? Also does the Q900TS have the larger bezel border at the bottom like the Q950TS?

One other question? Anybody try Ambient+ mode? I think this is while the TV is in standby. Gimmicky or actually useful to hide that you have a giant black box on the wall? Thanks!

CX77 order is getting cancelled today and Q900TS will be ordered. Spoke to Best Buy yesterday and they said the issue w/ delivery was a platform issue where if they try to order on their own system it still says you can’t deliver as it will try to deliver from store. But if you order from the website it will work. I couldn’t order it yesterday for Monday delivery as they still have to cancel the other order on their end (and I wanted to fully cancel that order out first before ordering the second). Somewhat annoying that this is what has happened but at the same time they have been quite helpful and communicative and for all i know this person wasn’t even working yesterday and was just texting me as a courtesy.
it looks like there is no bezel during the day and at night, i really love it. i thought it was cool when i first saw it, but also thought it might be a marketing gimmick, that said, i was wrong - it makes a difference to me, its a really clean look. there is a little black edge at the bottom, maybe 1/4 inch, you don't notice it. it looks to me that the 950T has the same from the pics online.

i have tried ambient to see what it does, you can choose from some screen saver type modes and adjust the color so it matches the wall. i haven't felt the need to turn it back on, guess i'm used to the big black screen in my room. some people my like it, perhaps if its on the wall but mine is on a stand.

post #90 of 181 Old 05-23-2020, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
lol this exchange is quite funny I have to say... i'm not sure why he's baiting you.

anyway, how's the movie watching going? have you managed to put some challenging dark content on it? gravity? and any updated thoughts vs your B9? I do wish you were comparing vs a C9; the B9's peak brightness is a fair bit lower as I understand.
Blu-rays on this set are stunning! Last night we watched Call of the Wild with Harrison Ford. The blacks, HDR and depth/3d effect of the picture were really stunning. Haven't watched Gravity yet, probably this weekend. Everything I have thrown at it so far has really impressed me.

There is no way I would go OLED, as I said previously it doesn't work for my situation, and I really like the brightness of LED. My LG is and always was in our bedroom, so the viewing is at night and the lack of brightness is OK for that viewing scenario.
athenaesword and musicman0725 like this.

Last edited by treky11; 05-23-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page