2020 Samsung Q900T / Q950T Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

post #1 of 110 Old 05-15-2020, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 155
2020 Samsung Q900T / Q950T Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

Just got my 85 Q900T delivered a few hours ago. Very impressed so far. And yes, the built in youtube app plays 8k video!

Likes so far:
  • infinity screen is really impressive, the lack of bezel is really nice, much nicer than anticipated.
  • built in speakers are actually quite good, although I won't use them much as I'll use by HT setup
  • upscaling appears very good so far
  • youtube 8k
  • brightness of screen, very good in my bright family room during the day
  • blacks are very good and contrast is much better than the Q900R I previously had
  • off axis viewing is still very good
  • Alexa is built in, so you can choose Alexa or Bixby

Not so sure, so far:
  • Update - not noticing the tilt after 5 days, no plan to wall mount at this time. Original comment - Tilt of the screen, I have to admit it put me off when I put it on the stand. When watching you don't notice it unless you look for it, so it may just take getting used to. If it bothers me in a couple of weeks I will wall mount it.
  • VRR mode causes some flicker with XboxOne X. didn't happen with my Q900R so guessing a firmware update will address it in the future.

Feel free to ask questions, and hopefully there are other owners out there now

Samsung 85Q900T, Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz 8802A/MM8077, Panasonic - DP-UB820 , Xbox One X, Kef Reference 205/2, SVS SB16-Ultra

Last edited by treky11; 05-20-2020 at 09:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 110 Old 05-15-2020, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I don't want her to fall out of my eyes regarding contrast and black level So I'm confused And excited Looking forward to some pictures and reviews makes me feel good
post #3 of 110 Old 05-15-2020, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 227
I'll make the 1st Q on behave of others , that I know they will ask the same for sure:
number of zones,please,hope you have the standard remote.
thanks,and congrats on your purchase.

Last edited by 3dprojector; 05-15-2020 at 01:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 110 Old 05-15-2020, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I dont get that thing with the tilt tbh, i always hated this on Sony TVs and i dont get why this TV has to be angled backwards. They could have just used the stand from the Q800T which is sturdy enough.
Gillietalls and denpom like this.
post #5 of 110 Old 05-15-2020, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dprojector View Post
I'll make the 1st Q on behave of others , that I know they will ask the same for sure:
i don't have the standard remote.

Samsung 85Q900T, Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz 8802A/MM8077, Panasonic - DP-UB820 , Xbox One X, Kef Reference 205/2, SVS SB16-Ultra
post #6 of 110 Old 05-15-2020, 10:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Hi Treky!

Thanks for starting this thread. It also appears you are coming from a 75” Z9D which is great because that is currently what I’m using. I currently have a 77” LG CX on order but due to delivery restrictions in my home state, Best Buy is not allowed to deliver the TV even if it just sits in my driveway. It is what it is. On the positive its given me more time to think through my decision. I have been eyeing the 85” Q900TS as it has dropped in price and while it is still 2x the price of the LG panel for an extra 7” diagonal inches, I’m somewhat drawn to it. Here are some of my questions:

1) Any compare and contrast you can provide on the this set vs. the Z9D? Specifically, how does the blooming look on the set both straight on and off axis? While straight on, the Z9D was mostly flawless although I could see the bloom on thin white lines or on menu screens. Off axis it was quite a bit more noticeable. While I tend not to sit off axis, our sectional is about 12 x 12 (L shaped) so the blooming and wash out effect of off angle viewing is the panels weakness. I would point out that I also use bias lighting in the form of Philip hue light strips behind the TV which makes any blooming much less noticeable. Anyway, thoughts here and I recall seeing on last year’s Samsung Q900R that during some darker scenes the algorithm of the set would sometimes struggle making up its mind and would dim and brighten a bunch. Thoughts here?
2) Do you miss not having Dolby Vision? Dolby Vision was added as a firmware update to the Z9D if I recall and at that time I did notice the difference. I purchase movies 70% of the time on iTunes which tends to favor Dolby Vision as well (the rest I buy are UHD discs). The samsung appears brighter than the Z9D (it should given 4 years have passed since its release) so maybe this compensates for this somewhat?
3) You mention you have an XBOX. What are the black levels like in game mode? I saw video (perhaps from HDTVtest) that showed the Q90R (I know not the same) was pretty poor as it did not appear to use the FALD in game mode. Any thoughts here (this is coming from someone that uses game mode on the Z9D and I’m mostly happy with the black levels here although see the impact to brightness/HDR). In addition, are you noticing any trailing or ghosting as I’ve read the 4K models this year may have some of those issues? Back in 2016, I initially bought the Sony 940D before the Z9D and had to return it because the ghosting/trailing particularly black on white screens was so bad to my eyes, that I could watch anything involving a stormtrooper.
4) Mentioned you are in a bright room. I have about a 9ft tall sliding glass door behind my seating position (i float the sectional in the middle of the room) and I also have two very large windows on my left side as well as two windows on each side of the TV. Most of the time the Z9D was acceptable during the day but very bright days I would have to close the curtains. In addition, I could see the reflection of my back yard in the screen during the day but generally it was tolerable especially because of the matte screen of the Z9D. Thoughts here on the Q900TS?
5) How is screen uniformity? My Z9D did appear dark in the corners although only noticeable in test screens and with actual content.
6) Finally, do you think you could ultimately get used to the tilt on the TV stand? While the 950TS looks like the one to mount on the wall, does the Q900TS look like a set that would look nice on the wall (not sure if there is a no panel gap option)?
7) Actually one more, have you ever owned an OLED? Any compare and contrast here? WHy not go the LG CX77 (other than size)?

Any photos of your setup in the room would be great. Thanks in advance and I look forward to your answers (will try to call Best Buy this weekend if I decide to change). Still really love the Z9D (especially with HDR movies) but looking to get ready for next-gen consoles and lately my Z9D and receiver setup with my Harmony remote do not seem to play well with each other.

Last edited by Jason Priestley; 05-15-2020 at 10:37 PM.
post #7 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
@Jason Priestley
I can give you an answer for your question 3)

3.1) Black levels are better compared to last year, because Local dimming is partly working there.
3.2) In game mode you will see ghosting ONLY if you use 60hz signal (ghosting is not present in 1440p/120hz and wont be present in 4k 120hz that will be supported with the upcoming consoles)
3.3) Don't be afraid, the ghosting also can be completely mitigated by enabling game motion plus (no need to pup up the soap opera effect, just keep it enabled to 0 or 1)
3.4) If you are still concerned about black levels, you can always play outside of game mode at 120hz signal where you will still have Fully functional Local Dimming and Low input lag(because of the fast refresh rate).

Here is a video that I took on my 75inch Q800T showcasing how the blacks look like with Local Dimming Turned OFF, with Local Dimming partly working and with Local Dimming Fully working:

Blue Sun likes this.
post #8 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 02:02 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
does anyone know if it's 48gbps or 40 for the sole hdmi 2.1
post #9 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 05:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RouDeR View Post
@Jason Priestley
I can give you an answer for your question 3)

3.1) Black levels are better compared to last year, because Local dimming is partly working there.
3.2) In game mode you will see ghosting ONLY if you use 60hz signal (ghosting is not present in 1440p/120hz and wont be present in 4k 120hz that will be supported with the upcoming consoles)
3.3) Don't be afraid, the ghosting also can be completely mitigated by enabling game motion plus (no need to pup up the soap opera effect, just keep it enabled to 0 or 1)
3.4) If you are still concerned about black levels, you can always play outside of game mode at 120hz signal where you will still have Fully functional Local Dimming and Low input lag(because of the fast refresh rate).

Here is a video that I took on my 75inch Q800T showcasing how the blacks look like with Local Dimming Turned OFF, with Local Dimming partly working and with Local Dimming Fully working:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anXfTQNSS0k
Thanks Rouder. There were some recent reports that Assassin’s Creed on the next gen console is targeting 30fps which makes me concerned that best case scenario is most games will be 4k 60FPS and only simpler titles like a Fortnite will run at 120fps. How distracting is the ghosting in this scenario? Unplayable compared to your monitor? Also you mentioned that you an just watch in another mode, but I assume that if you wanted VRR enabled, that can only be done via game mode?

Also, the blooming does look pretty bad in your video but as you point out 1) the camera is overexposing the image 2) your lights are completely off. In general, with your tweaks are you happy w/ your result or disappointed? If you play with the lights on, and I’m not saying completely on but say somewhat dimmed lights and perhaps with even bias lighting, do those dark scenes look bad? I rarely ever watch movies or game w/ the lights completely off but will have a very dimmed bias lighting running in my house. Thanks!
post #10 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 05:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
does anyone know if it's 48gbps or 40 for the sole hdmi 2.1
My understanding is its 40gbps on the one HDMI 2.1 port on the TV. I don’t believe this is a 12-bit panel so I guess its somewhat of a moot point unless you are using a PC.
post #11 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 46
The 8k TVs are the only ones with the full 48gps port 4.
post #12 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 08:06 AM

Voting for Q900TS opened

https://www.rtings.com/tv/suggestions
post #13 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 300
I am very interested in just an overall comparison of the Samsung to the Z9D as that’s what I have and what I still consider to be the best up to this point. Motion is what always stops me from keeping any Samsung tv I’ve tried out. I’m hoping they’ve finally improved in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #14 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Jason,

Here are my comments/reply after 24hrs of ownership. I'll start with - I am loving the TV. Watched Extraction on Netflix last night and was wowed. I then went and watched several scenes on the Z9 with DV and still preferred the Q900. The panel is so bright I don't think I will miss DV.

1) The Q900 is brighter, and the blacks are better IMO. Blooming is a non issue, Extraction has some scenes with subtitles and I didn't notice any blooming. In Dynamic mode on full brightness I did seem some light bleed into black bars, but I don't watch in dynamic and I did it just to find something wrong so to speak. No set is perfect, right?

2) Agree, on the Z9D DV made a difference was needed. Not missing it at all so far on the Q900

3) Funny, I had a 940D and Best Buy took it back because it was bad, and I went to Z9D as well. I played Destiny 2 for a couple hours yesterday and both of my sons commented on how much better the game looked. Both commented unsolicited. I also agree, better picture in game mode and lag is lower. Very happy with game mode.

4) Screen reflections are less on the Q900. I have noticed on a black screen during day, that you can see the antireflective/off axis filter if something hits it just right, but its a rarity in my case. Its faaaar better off axis than the Z9, huge improvement there. See pics of my family room

5) How is screen uniformity? My Z9D did appear dark in the corners although only noticeable in test screens and with actual content.

6) I asked my family this morning if they noticed the tilt when watching the movie, everyone said no. We all notice it when its off but it disappears when watching. If I do wall mount, I won't go flush given my setup, but if you did want it to be flush I think it can be, its such a thin set. That said, Q950 definitely goes flush, but having looked at this set I would never pay the extra $4K for the minuscule difference.

7) I have a 55 LG B9 in the house, while the colors on it have always been great, it lacks the pop/brightness. I wanted the size of this TV, hence no OLED for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0534.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	2727132   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0532.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	2727134  

Last edited by treky11; 05-16-2020 at 10:06 AM.
post #15 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks so much for the feedback! Much appreciated. For some reason at initial MSRP, the Q900TS did not seem worth it but with the price drop already, it just seems more palatable (despite the fact that between this and the Z9D I will have spend the equivalent of a used car).

Hopefully, my wife can help me lift this onto the TV stand in this lockdown.
post #16 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky11 View Post
Jason,

Here are my comments/reply after 24hrs of ownership. I'll start with - I am loving the TV. Watched Extraction on Netflix last night and was wowed. I then went and watched several scenes on the Z9 with DV and still preferred the Q900. The panel is so bright I don't think I will miss DV.

1) The Q900 is brighter, and the blacks are better IMO. Blooming is a non issue, Extraction has some scenes with subtitles and I didn't notice any blooming. In Dynamic mode on full brightness I did seem some light bleed into black bars, but I don't watch in dynamic and I did it just to find something wrong so to speak. No set is perfect, right?

2) Agree, on the Z9D DV made a difference was needed. Not missing it at all so far on the Q900

3) Funny, I had a 940D and Best Buy took it back because it was bad, and I went to Z9D as well. I played Destiny 2 for a couple hours yesterday and both of my sons commented on how much better the game looked. Both commented unsolicited. I also agree, better picture in game mode and lag is lower. Very happy with game mode.

4) Screen reflections are less on the Q900. I have noticed on a black screen during day, that you can see the antireflective/off axis filter if something hits it just right, but its a rarity in my case. Its faaaar better off axis than the Z9, huge improvement there. See pics of my family room

6) I asked my family this morning if they noticed the tilt when watching the movie, everyone said no. We all notice it when its off but it disappears when watching. If I do wall mount, I won't go flush given my setup, but if you did want it to be flush I think it can be, its such a thin set. That said, Q950 definitely goes flush, but having looked at this set I would never pay the extra $4K for the minuscule difference.

7) I have a 55 LG B9 in the house, while the colors on it have always been great, it lacks the pop/brightness. I wanted the size of this TV, hence no OLED for me.
Any picture mode you prefer ?
post #17 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brho0m13 View Post
So far I prefer Movie mode. I will definitely want to get this set calibrated, not that it needs it, just want to see how much more can be eked out of it.

post #18 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
480 Zones. I got into the service menu using a Harmony remote and the included remote. Created a Sequence in Harmony that I assigned to a button that included "Mute-1-8-2" and then used Power from the included remote to send the full "Mute-1-8-2-Power" command.

pic below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0536.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	2727250  
musicman0725 and 3dprojector like this.

post #19 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brho0m13 View Post
So far I prefer Movie mode. I will definitely want to get this set calibrated, not that it needs it, just want to see how much more can be eked out of it.
Nice I like it where the colors look natural I also look forward to seeing it after calibration

Do the pictures put
In movie mode
post #20 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
480 Zones. I got into the service menu using a Harmony remote and the included remote. Created a Sequence in Harmony that I assigned to a button that included "Mute-1-8-2" and then used Power from the included remote to send the full "Mute-1-8-2-Power" command.

pic below
Thanks,480 considering the new improved dimming control algorithm is fair enough.
post #21 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Finally, a thread on this this set. I am on the fence between this set, the Sony Z9 and evening the Q950TS.. but I am having a hard time rationalizing the later.

Michael

Sony A1E
Sony vw665ES
post #22 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Good to see some postings on this TV, I just got the 85" Q900TS yesterday and wanted to chime in. First time LED owner coming from a 50" Pioneer Elite plasma (2006) and a 55" LG OLED (~2016 or 2107). I have the Samsung TV in the basement where there are 4 large windows across the back of the house which can affect room lighting.

Pros:
1. Unboxing went great, it's designed really well, I was worried I wouldn't be able to set it up mainly by myself but it worked. I placed it next to the furniture stand (taking the heavy stand out of the top of the box first), tilted the box up on one end, had my wife slide a solid wood chair under it, repeated for the other side while she helped keep it stable, then picked up each corner again to move it directly onto the stand (little bit tricky). The box disassembles from around the TV and there's a section in the back which pulls out from the back center (note it's interlocked with the styrofoam in the front... that cost me some time) so you can then assemble the stand while it's still supported in the base of the box. Carefully picking up each side of the TV then allows the styrofoam inserts at the bottom of the TV to be pulled out from the sides. Finally worked it back and forth to walk it off the last bottom piece of cardboard.

2. I thought the tilt thing would bug me, but it doesn't while watching from the couch (TV stand it 22.5" tall, sit about 9' away) - it's probably about perfect while standing, which will happen watching football games

3. I'm impressed with the color, brightness, and black levels. I knew I was missing something with the LG OLED, it always seemed to me to be flat and kind of blah compared to the old plasma. Wanted to try the LED due to increased brightness for HDR content and it does pop. Combined with the size of the TV I get the immersion thing now. Watched some 4K content scenes from John Wick 3 and the fighting scenes in the levels of glass floors near the end are amazing. Aquaman had me feeling like I was flying over the cliffs of the sea floor in one scene, like weirdly so.

4. Picture settings seem to be fairly easy to get a good picture. With 4K content I was able to dial down initially too much sharpness, increase the color, add a little shadow detail and get a picture that really pops. The adaptive picture control seems to do a pretty good job as well, seemingly better than the standard modes available (haven't had enough time with it however). During daylight however it seems to darken things a bit too much.

5. Black levels seem to be very good, the black bars on the top and bottom seem jet black to me (I'm no expert though)

6. Love the brightness, haven't had this in a TV ever!

Cons:
1. I can definitely see the backlight array (I'm guessing that's what it is, darker square boxes equally spaced) across the top in many scenes where it's a uniform background (blue sky for example). Some slight panning of the background really accentuates it. Seems particularly bad on the very top row. Is this normal on an LED? I'm a little worried about that.

2. Depending on content sometimes I can pick up vertical or horizontal bands. Not particularly bad, and it's probably dependent on content and resolution. Finally the anti-glare screen adds yet a different pattern that can sometimes be seen. On most images none of these are an issue however.

3. Maybe too obvious, but really exposes SD & HD sources as pretty lacking. I know the upscaling is supposed to be amazing AI tech, but I wouldn't be able to watch some of the stuff on DirecTV even though it's supposed to be HD (caught a few minutes of The Fifth Element and it looked awful, really blurry). Minor concern though as that's asking too much, I bought it for 4K and hopefully some day 8K content.

4. How do you get 8K content off of YouTube? Everything seems capped at 4K resolution (including "8K" videos) - in fact it defaults to 720p unless you change it to 4K. Looks great in 4K, but I thought someone mentioned 8K could be streamed directly. Are there other apps with 8K?

I had been looking at the Sony Z9G and a part of me is wondering if that might be the cleaner panel, and what the tradeoffs would be switching (I know there's no perfect TV). Seems like DSE to me with the right background and panning. I'll have to watch more content before I decide anything, not sure how it will look with sports.

Overall pretty happy despite some concerns. I need to spend more time with 4K content, but in short order I've already been wowed several times by the combination of image quality, brightness, HDR, and color. And that hasn't happened since I first got my first plasma TV! Guess I should upgrade more often
3dprojector likes this.
post #23 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by baj66 View Post
1. I can definitely see the backlight array (I'm guessing that's what it is, darker square boxes equally spaced) across the top in many scenes where it's a uniform background (blue sky for example). Some slight panning of the background really accentuates it. Seems particularly bad on the very top row. Is this normal on an LED? I'm a little worried about that.

Normally thats impossible. I say normally because on this years Q900T/Q950TS they removed the black matrix around the bezel for the infinity screen /no bezel effect. This combined with the slight tilt of the panel could indeed reveal the local dimming array. But hard to judge without seeing pictures, and it is just an assumption from me. Even on lower end FALD TVs you only see it in very dark sences and when blooming is appearing.

If its not that, then its clearly DSE.
post #24 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 46
When you go to a 8k video and it starts playing 4k, change the resolution to 8k through the quality setting. This works on most of the 8k but quite a few also only play 4k when it states 8k?

Enjoy
post #25 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Jason,

Hi trek congrats on your purchase!
3) do u prefer this anti reflective coating that u can visibly see in black screens or the oled mirror on your b9? I saw the q950ts in the Showroom, and filter was clearly visible on black screens, and when playing mixed dark content almost makes things grey instead of black because of the diffused light source reflections. This bothered me a bit as I’m used to pled mirror finish. Wondering how I find the transition and your preference?

7) if not for the size difference - ie u were buying a 77cx/gx vs 75q900t, would it still be a clear pick for u?

Thanks!
post #26 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi trek congrats on your purchase!
3) do u prefer this anti reflective coating that u can visibly see in black screens or the oled mirror on your b9? I saw the q950ts in the Showroom, and filter was clearly visible on black screens, and when playing mixed dark content almost makes things grey instead of black because of the diffused light source reflections. This bothered me a bit as I’m used to pled mirror finish. Wondering how I find the transition and your preference?

7) if not for the size difference - ie u were buying a 77cx/gx vs 75q900t, would it still be a clear pick for u?

Thanks!
I would still get the 900, overall I like the picture better, more vivid / pop, and with my room the reflections would be bad on a screen with no antireflective system of some sort.
3dprojector likes this.

Last edited by treky11; 05-16-2020 at 10:53 PM.
post #27 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baj66 View Post
Cons:
[INDENT]

2. Depending on content sometimes I can pick up vertical or horizontal bands. Not particularly bad, and it's probably dependent on content and resolution. Finally the anti-glare screen adds yet a different pattern that can sometimes be seen. On most images none of these are an issue however.
the backlight array being visible sounds like a big issue! i didn't notice this when i saw the q950ts in the store.

also the antireflective filter being visible when looking straight on to the screen on any dark or close to black scenes was something i noticed in the store.
post #28 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 10:54 PM

Quote:
I would still get the 950, overall I like the picture better, more vivid / pop, and with my room the reflections would be bad on a screen with no antireflective system of some sort.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Priestley View Post
My understanding is its 40gbps on the one HDMI 2.1 port on the TV. I don’t believe this is a 12-bit panel so I guess its somewhat of a moot point unless you are using a PC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooiez123 View Post
The 8k TVs are the only ones with the full 48gps port 4.
i do use a PC connected to the TV and while not an immediate concern given we don't have the cards to drive hdmi 2.1, but something to know for the future. hmm this is the 8k tv thread, so its 40 or 48 for the q900/950? zooiez123 could you kindly show us where you got that please?
post #29 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
the backlight array being visible sounds like a big issue! i didn't notice this when i saw the q950ts in the store.

also the antireflective filter being visible when looking straight on to the screen on any dark or close to black scenes was something i noticed in the store.
if you can see the array, i think there is a problem with your set. i don't see anything like that.

post #30 of 110 Old 05-16-2020, 11:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Quoted: 12883 Post(s)
Liked: 12256
Quote:
Thanks,480 considering the new improved dimming control algorithm is fair enough.
Another improvement appears to be that there are 6 leds per zone, this is the highest I've ever seen on a Samsung TV. Last years 82Q90R had 480 zones, but only 3 leds per zone which I believe contributed to inconsistent blacks. The smaller sizes had 4 or 5 leds per zone. The more leds the better.
musicman0725 and 3dprojector like this.

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page