So Vizio failed to deliver its products to the market. I had to buy an LG. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
  • 1 Post By Ice Cold
  • 5 Post By VA_DaveB
  • 1 Post By Zoland2020
  • 3 Post By VA_DaveB
  • 2 Post By VA_DaveB
  • 1 Post By Hetfieldjames
  • 1 Post By rtn5000

post #1 of 17 Old 05-22-2020, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Lightbulb So Vizio failed to deliver its products to the market. I had to buy an LG.

I had my heart set on a 2020 Vizio P Series Quantum (not the X) 65” I can’t stare at a blank wall for 3 more months since Vizio can’t be bothered to announce a launch date.

IMO Vizio will have an amazing year. My Open-box BestBuy LG C9 55” will hold me til next year.

Does anyone have any dates or specs on Vizio for 2020 ?
rhelliott2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-23-2020, 04:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post
I had my heart set on a 2020 Vizio P Series Quantum (not the X) 65” I can’t stare at a blank wall for 3 more months since Vizio can’t be bothered to announce a launch date.

IMO Vizio will have an amazing year. My Open-box BestBuy LG C9 55” will hold me til next year.

Whatever the specs, I find it hard to believe that the 2020 Vizio P Quantum will be better than your C9 OLED. Enjoy your interim TV!
post #3 of 17 Old 05-23-2020, 04:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 114
If Vizio don't release their new TVs at least by July or August, I'm might either go with Hisense or TCL, I'm slowly losing hope for Vizio to release their new TVs this year. I mean if they're going to be delayed or worse not come out at all this year because of the current Chinese Virus pandemic we're facing, why not say something? At least that'll let us know what's going on with Vizio rather than keep us waiting.
TheLieLlama likes this.

America elevates you to another level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 05-23-2020, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
Whatever the specs, I find it hard to believe that the 2020 Vizio P Quantum will be better than your C9 OLED. Enjoy your interim TV!
Yeah, I'd be going with an OLED if I could tolerate a 65" or even 77", but with the layout of my new living room pretty much forcing a 15' viewing distance, plus my aging eyes , I really need an 85", and thus am holding out for Vizio (the P series Quantum X) right now too. But if there isn't at least some news from Vizio in the next month or so, I'm going to wind up pulling the trigger on a Samsung or Sony.
post #5 of 17 Old 05-23-2020, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1940 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
Vizio itself was supposed to have a OLED out this year. Any word on that because I was eagerly waiting for the price to be announced. Seems everything is screwed up this year. I believe even Sony cancelled some models or at least 1.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
post #6 of 17 Old 05-23-2020, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcite View Post
Yeah, I'd be going with an OLED if I could tolerate a 65" or even 77", but with the layout of my new living room pretty much forcing a 15' viewing distance, plus my aging eyes , I really need an 85", and thus am holding out for Vizio (the P series Quantum X) right now too. But if there isn't at least some news from Vizio in the next month or so, I'm going to wind up pulling the trigger on a Samsung or Sony.
Not the most stunning TV, but the 85" X900F is still quite a deal if there's any left when you're ready to pull the trigger.
post #7 of 17 Old 05-23-2020, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Vizio TVs are made in Mexico, China, and Taiwan with parts for assembly coming from a combination of all. They are likely suffering from distribution delays more than other China-only based makers.
post #8 of 17 Old 05-23-2020, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Not the most stunning TV, but the 85" X900F is still quite a deal if there's any left when you're ready to pull the trigger.
I agree,quite a deal right now. The 75 inch is....I was about to post a price, oops. Let's just say it's an insane deal.

post #9 of 17 Old 05-23-2020, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
I agree,quite a deal right now. The 75 inch is....I was about to post a price, oops. Let's just say it's an insane deal.

Yeah I originally had the price for the 85" in the post, but I realized this is not in the "help me to choose an LCD" thread so I edited it out. I get in trouble with the mods mentioning prices every once in a while. I don't really understand why that's such a horrible thing to do since price is a MAJOR consideration in any TV purchase.
Hetfieldjames and TheLieLlama like this.
post #10 of 17 Old 05-23-2020, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
No worries about replacement panels.

Beyond that, quantum dot sets have a wider color gamut than OLED and are brighter.
post #11 of 17 Old 05-23-2020, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah I originally had the price for the 85" in the post, but I realized this is not in the "help me to choose an LCD" thread so I edited it out. I get in trouble with the mods mentioning prices every once in a while. I don't really understand why that's such a horrible thing to do since price is a MAJOR consideration in any TV purchase.
I am in trouble weekly. I get slaps on the wrist often got the dumbest thing. I understand completely.

TheLieLlama likes this.
post #12 of 17 Old 05-24-2020, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 158
As I mentioned in other threads, I am interested in the Vizio 85" too. At least we do know they are coming some time. I did a search a few days ago and there was some interview with the Vizio guy ...Bill Baxter? (not sure if the name is right) from April 30th and he says their lineup is coming....later this year. I would like to know when and pricing information. I will just have to wait to find out and show some patience.

I have not seen any of the 2020 tcl's coming out yet either. It would be interesting to see what a potential TCL 6 series (Mini Led) would look like if they decide to go above 75" to an 85" which may be possible. This is unlikely though under the COVID, and related worldwide economic conditions.
post #13 of 17 Old 05-24-2020, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post
As I mentioned in other threads, I am interested in the Vizio 85" too. At least we do know they are coming some time. I did a search a few days ago and there was some interview with the Vizio guy ...Bill Baxter? (not sure if the name is right) from April 30th and he says their lineup is coming....later this year. I would like to know when and pricing information. I will just have to wait to find out and show some patience.
Do you happen to have the link to that? I can't find it right now through Google.

"Later this year" sounds like more than a month away. I think I am going to give up on Vizio.
post #14 of 17 Old 05-24-2020, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Do you happen to have the link to that? I can't find it right now through Google.

"Later this year" sounds like more than a month away. I think I am going to give up on Vizio.
I’m thinking holding off will be good. If they introduce late, they’re going to be doing it right before end of year sales pricing. Even better because the MSRP simply won’t hold up.
post #15 of 17 Old 05-24-2020, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:

I was looking for release info and was not able to find anything on dates and pricing. I was happy to find this which seems to at least indicate that they have not cancelled plans to release a 2020 lineup.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/isisbri.../#4e7df86f57ce
post #16 of 17 Old 05-25-2020, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post

First world problems we have on this forum

You can always email Vizio with what you had to due their product not shipping & info not being released about release dates.
ES_Revenge likes this.
post #17 of 17 Old 05-25-2020, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Well I mean you got "only" a 55" OLED so you'll probably want to upgrade in size by the time more models are available, possibly at end of year or possibly next year.

As for Vizio having a great year...doesn't really seem like that if their TVs aren't coming out, eh?

But, as we all know, it's that way for a lot of things right now. Them's the breaks. At least for 2021 you'll probably have a ton of choices with VRR, HFR, etc., and at lower prices. I'd just sit tight with the OLED until next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page