TCL 6 Series (R625) presenting with subtle horizontal wavy lines in grey areas. Help! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-22-2020, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy TCL 6 Series (R625) presenting with subtle horizontal wavy lines in grey areas. Help!

So this is a new issue that I am seeing in the past month or so. It may have been there the whole time and I’m only just noticing it now.

I got this TCL 6 Series (55” R625) in March and have been constantly impressed by it, but this new (?) issue is testing me.

I first noticed it when watching Night on Earth in 4K Dolby Vision on Netflix. It was a scene in the snow with penguins and there was a lot of gray and white and what I started noticing was these horizontal lines kind of waving up the screen, it looks like a sort of wave. It only seems to present in grayish areas on the screen and it’s always horizontal lines moving upward on the screen. It’s pretty subtle and my wife didn’t notice it at first but now that I’ve seen it I can’t unsee it.

I’ve checked out a gray screen uniformity test on YouTube and was able to confirm that there is this issue on footage other than Netflix. I'm even seeing in on 480p videos. The screen is otherwise perfectly uniform as far as I can tell in the grey tests. It’s hard to capture on video but I hope the video I uploaded will at least give you an idea of what I’m seeing.

I thought maybe it was a ground loop issue but I switched out my surge protector for a new one and no dice.

Any thoughts on what this could be? Is this something I should be worried about? Is there anyway to stop it? I find it very distracting and I'm worried something might be wrong with the TV.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page