The Samsung experience - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-29-2020, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The Samsung experience

Hello all I wanted to share my delightful turned terrible experience with Samsung Support.

I have a JS8500 that I purchased some time ago that began to have large white lines on both the left and right side of the TV. I decided to call a local repair shop as it was no longer under warranty. The shop proceeded to tell me that what I was seeing was a known issue with that model and that they wont touch them as its one of the layers melting and peeling away. He mentioned that Samsung was replacing those models a few years back but he wasn't sure if they still would but it was worth a shot. So I decided to call Samsung....

May 22nd
I called Samsung and got the call center in India and described the issue. He had me take a picture of the issue and send it too him to which I obliged. As soon as the rep saw the photo he asked me if the sides were hot to which I replied very hot. He said turn off the TV right away and do not turn it back on as it was a fire hazard. He went on to say this was a known issue and that they would replace it with a 2019 model (RU8000) free of charge. He input the ticker and gave me the tracker site and I was blown away, what great customer service. I told everyone I knew about it.

May 29th
I get an email from Samsung asking me to verify that no one in the house has Covid-19 to which I confirmed and was told a shipping company would be calling me to schedule the delivery, I was super excited! I didn't hear anything for a week so I checked my ticket and to my surprise it was closed.... I call Samsung and they assure me my TV is on the way and not to worry. I call the next day and get the same story. Some time goes by and I call again and they transfer me to a US call center where I get the truth.

June 11th
She starts with " I don't know why they told you that we don't have that model in our warehouse. She says she can only give me a $350.00 refund or send me a 2017 model MU8000. I have no TV in my living room at this point so I said fine I just need a TV. I still haven't heard anything as of today June 29th and the ticket is still open but I imagine it's a matter of time before they cancel it.

What would you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-30-2020, 02:45 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxious Nation View Post
Hello all I wanted to share my delightful turned terrible experience with Samsung Support.

I have a JS8500 that I purchased some time ago that began to have large white lines on both the left and right side of the TV. I decided to call a local repair shop as it was no longer under warranty. The shop proceeded to tell me that what I was seeing was a known issue with that model and that they wont touch them as its one of the layers melting and peeling away. He mentioned that Samsung was replacing those models a few years back but he wasn't sure if they still would but it was worth a shot. So I decided to call Samsung....

May 22nd
I called Samsung and got the call center in India and described the issue. He had me take a picture of the issue and send it too him to which I obliged. As soon as the rep saw the photo he asked me if the sides were hot to which I replied very hot. He said turn off the TV right away and do not turn it back on as it was a fire hazard. He went on to say this was a known issue and that they would replace it with a 2019 model (RU8000) free of charge. He input the ticker and gave me the tracker site and I was blown away, what great customer service. I told everyone I knew about it.

May 29th
I get an email from Samsung asking me to verify that no one in the house has Covid-19 to which I confirmed and was told a shipping company would be calling me to schedule the delivery, I was super excited! I didn't hear anything for a week so I checked my ticket and to my surprise it was closed.... I call Samsung and they assure me my TV is on the way and not to worry. I call the next day and get the same story. Some time goes by and I call again and they transfer me to a US call center where I get the truth.

June 11th
She starts with " I don't know why they told you that we don't have that model in our warehouse. She says she can only give me a $350.00 refund or send me a 2017 model MU8000. I have no TV in my living room at this point so I said fine I just need a TV. I still haven't heard anything as of today June 29th and the ticket is still open but I imagine it's a matter of time before they cancel it.

What would you do?
Get a Sony, they do not break
post #3 of 3 Old 07-01-2020, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Samsung lost all my business years ago when it took them 6 months to take care of my issue for which they finally refunded me. $3500 plasma with terrible bandind and DSE.
Back and forth with at least a dozen CS/supervisors, never being able to talk to the same person twice, being hung up on, having to explain the issue to each and every person. One of the most frustrating times in my 30 years dealing with electronics.
I sold everything I had that had the Samsung label on it including my phone, ssd's and even my fridge.
I was and still am so PO'ed about the whole thing years later.

Now I only buy TV's from Costco(never BB) and will never buy anything Samsung again.

Good luck dealing with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page