Samsung Q70T Owners' thread (No Price Talk) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By RouDeR

post #1 of 7 Old 06-30-2020, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Samsung Q70T Owners' thread (No Price Talk)

I just realized that Samsung limits the range at what the freesync tech works at on there TVs.

Basically freesync on the Q70T has a max range of 60hertz at 4k resolution. It works at 120hertz 1440p and lower.

Can Samsung upgrade freesync to work at 120hertz when at 4k resolution? Is that controlled by a firmware? The HDMI 2.1 and eArc port is nice but I'd like to game with freesync at 4k resolution and a 120hertz refresh rate.

TV is pretty good otherwise. I hear about the viewing angle issues. No problems here.

It seems the entire lineup of the T series has a VRR Max of 4k @ 60 hertz. VRR cannot do 120 hertz at 4k on their TVs. Hopefully it's a firmware thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-30-2020, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarablue View Post
I just realized that Samsung limits the range at what the freesync tech works at on there TVs.

Basically freesync on the Q70T has a max range of 60hertz at 4k resolution. It works at 120hertz 1440p and lower.

Can Samsung upgrade freesync to work at 120hertz when at 4k resolution? Is that controlled by a firmware? The HDMI 2.1 and eArc port is nice but I'd like to game with freesync at 4k resolution and a 120hertz refresh rate.

TV is pretty good otherwise. I hear about the viewing angle issues. No problems here.

It seems the entire lineup of the T series has a VRR Max of 4k @ 60 hertz. VRR cannot do 120 hertz at 4k on their TVs. Hopefully it's a firmware thing.
I hope you know that Samsung does not support Dolby Vision. I am just saying.

"Feels great, baby." SF 49ers QB Jimmy G.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-01-2020, 03:10 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transistorious View Post
I can't find the logic behind your comment.
Bamaboi89 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-01-2020, 03:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RouDeR View Post
I can't find the logic behind your comment.
Duly Noted

post #5 of 7 Old 07-01-2020, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transistorious View Post
I really don't care about dolby vision. The TV has HDR and HDR+ and Freesync. I game 95% of the time on my TVs.

Thanks for letting me know though. The TV has eArc. Which is cool. I just hope a firmware update allows Freesync VRR to work at 4k 120hertz on the HDMI 2.1 port. Not at just 4k/60hertz.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-01-2020, 03:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarablue View Post
I really don't care about dolby vision. The TV has HDR and HDR+ and Freesync. I game 95% of the time on my TVs.

Thanks for letting me know though. The TV has eArc. Which is cool. I just hope a firmware update allows Freesync VRR to work at 4k 120hertz on the HDMI 2.1 port. Not at just 4k/60hertz.
Duly Noted

post #7 of 7 Old 07-02-2020, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Samsung Q70T eARC and HDMI 2.1 gaming question

Hi. I just bought the Q70T 75inch TV. For my needs it is fine and very nice. Happy with the purchase. Still in my return window. What I wanted to ask was. On this TV the eARC port is port 3. That is not HDMI 2.1. I think it's HDMI 2.0b. Now eARC doesn't need HDMI 2.1 to work so I think port 3 not being HDMI2.1 eARC will work fine for what I am about too type. That is, I am going to get a new xbox series x console this holiday season. I am going to connect it to the HDMI 2.1 port on my TV. Then I am going to connect an eARC soundbar to port 3 (eARC) port on my TV. Will I get the correct lossless uncompressed Dolby sound? For some reason I thought I needed to connect the soundbar to the HDMI 2.1 port and then connect the series x to the soundbar. But then that would not pass video right? By connecting the soundbar to the TV eARC port and then the series x to the HDMI 2.1 port, eARC will bypass the TVs processing of the signal this way correct? That is what eARC is for right? Or should I plug my series x into the soundbar?

I just want to get the purest sound possible with my TV and the new consoles. Wasn't sure about the ports on my TV and how the TV would handle this. I don't want the TV processing sound because I am going between two hdmi ports. But eARC resolves that. I guess.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by jarablue; 07-02-2020 at 09:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page