*NEW* Offical Westinghouse LTV-27w7, LTV-32w6, & LTV-37w2 thread - Page 87 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #2581 of 2611 Old 11-21-2009, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a LTV-32w6 HD and it worked fine for a while but now the picture messes up every once in a while...but i have no clue whats wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2582 of 2611 Old 11-21-2009, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazmex849 View Post

I have a LTV-32w6 HD and it worked fine for a while but now the picture messes up every once in a while...but i have no clue whats wrong

That isn't very much to go on. Does the TV lockup and require a reset (Unplug)? Does it "messes up" on Broadcast TV and go away? (Probably a weak signal) Does it happen on SVideo but not RCA inputs? (Maybe a bad cable) Does it only happen when watching a certain DVD (or specific device)? (Maybe the source is bad)

Some troubleshooting steps might be in order to determine if it really is the TV, your setup (Cables), or your input sources (OTA,DVD,VHS,Cable/Sat,etc.) that are the issue.

Get back to us when you have more info. We might have some ideas for you then.
post #2583 of 2611 Old 12-07-2009, 12:56 PM

having problems with TV - on HDMI input picture alternates from 'snow'
to good continually. Ypbpr1 or Ypbpr2 works alone, but if input is
hooked up to both neither works, screen looks as though it cant 'hold'
image, starts tearing and eventually goes to 'no signal' black screen.
Prob need a new board, didnt want to pay best buy to change it, tried
to order part, they said no longer available.
I guess my question is - are these available and are they worth buying? I replaced the board once already (about a yr ago) while the tv was under waranty but didnt buy the extended bestbuy svc. Ive got an email in to westinghouse, just need to send the serial # and pray...
p.s. -wheres the serial number on these things?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2584 of 2611 Old 01-06-2010, 02:22 PM

I never solved my 640x480 VGA overscan problem with this set. With a PC connected via VGA my kids' 640x480 games still have significant overscan such that critical buttons on the game screen are obscured. I have tried the Vertical sync settings on the set, but I can't change resolution on the PC as the games default boot to 640x480. When in desktop at full resolution (1376x768) there are no overscan problems. Wii via composite does not have a problem either.
post #2585 of 2611 Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've installed the firmware for my Westy LTV 40W1 HDC. I realize it's not the proper thread for this TV but I was hoping to get some input from other Westy owners about their firmware update experience. The TV screen said the firmware update was successful but the TV is not responsive. Any thoughts? I've tried installing it again and it says it's a successful update but then when I turn it off and on again, I get the big W on the screen and it does not respond to anything. I've got a call in to customer service and am waiting for a return call.

Thanks - and I'm sorry if I have hijacked this thread.

-Greg
post #2586 of 2611 Old 01-28-2010, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Do you have access to another "older" firmware update?

If the TV is still taking/making firmware updates Customer Service might be able to verify you have the correct update and that it isn't corrupted...

What have you tried to make sure it responds? Have you tried using the "original" Remote (or made sure the universal is set correctly) with good/fresh batteries AND tried the actual buttons on the TV?

Have you "reset" the TV by pulling the plug/power for say 5 minutes (more or less) and made sure it did a "cold" boot?

Good Luck,
post #2587 of 2611 Old 01-28-2010, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgodave View Post

Do you have access to another "older" firmware update?

If the TV is still taking/making firmware updates Customer Service might be able to verify you have the correct update and that it isn't corrupted...

What have you tried to make sure it responds? Have you tried using the "original" Remote (or made sure the universal is set correctly) with good/fresh batteries AND tried the actual buttons on the TV?

Have you "reset" the TV by pulling the plug/power for say 5 minutes (more or less) and made sure it did a "cold" boot?

Good Luck,

Thanks, lgodave. I just heard from Westinghouse and they said they would be sending me the old firmware which should return it back to what it was before. The only thing it seems to respond to is installing firmware. I left it unplugged (from the wall and the power cord) overnight last night and the remote is the original. I tried turning it off by holding the power button, turning on the PS3 that is attached (to trigger the auto detect), the remote, and the buttons on the side of the TV. Hopefully, the old firmware will get me back. Then I'll probably try again with the new firmware.

-Greg
post #2588 of 2611 Old 02-22-2010, 03:47 PM

I generally use this thread for reference and don't really post because it seems that most here have better AV credentials than I, but I had to get this one out there. About 1 month ago at the local dump I saw a clean but dusty LTV-32w6 fw version 1.03 in the discarded electronics section. I took iy home hoping for the best with a minor repair (like a fuse or something) or at least I figured I'd maybe learn a thing or 2 about LCD TV repair. Get home, plug it in, it powers up-but it's "locked" on channel 64, do a channel scan and I get 100+ SD channel and about 25 or so HD channels scattered about- UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
What a disposable society we live in, it's kinda sad actually because this is a pretty decent TV, way to good to throw away, what the hell!
Maybe the previous owner didn't knw channel scan from cheese whiz, I dunno. Cheap $7 philips universal remote works it great and I have my old PC hooked up the vga input with a small Lenovo wireless keyboard/mouse #57Y6336. Great TV for my basement "man room" where I tend to slum it a little.
Can't beat the price.
post #2589 of 2611 Old 02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I know mine tends to "lock up" on OTA channels on occasion. I can see somebody deciding it was time to do away with a TV that needs the occasional reboot.
post #2590 of 2611 Old 02-22-2010, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
My 32w6 is in the bedroom and locked up frequently the first year or so I had it but it settled down after a while and has only locked up a couple of times in the past year. It used to have a lot of glitches and I was so frustrated with it I considered giving it away but I discovered a short in the power cord and replaced it. I've been very pleased with it's operation since then.

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.
post #2591 of 2611 Old 02-23-2010, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye911 View Post

My 32w6 is in the bedroom and locked up frequently the first year or so I had it but it settled down after a while and has only locked up a couple of times in the past year. It used to have a lot of glitches and I was so frustrated with it I considered giving it away but I discovered a short in the power cord and replaced it. I've been very pleased with it's operation since then.

On mine it seems to lock up on OTA Channels only. While channel surfing it'll just freeze the picture/sound and not allow me to control it without a power reset.

Seems like a simple fix to swap out the power cord. If it gets worse I'll have to try that. Thanks.
post #2592 of 2611 Old 02-24-2010, 10:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a 37W2 and occasionally have had to power it down in order to enable it to properly power up from a shut-down situation. Bottom line is I've yet to be able to recover nominal operation of the TV receiver. I currently use it for the 1080 Winter Olympics and CNN and whatever provides an educational experience. I'm currently satisfied with Westinghouse's product.
post #2593 of 2611 Old 03-03-2010, 12:40 AM

I have this issue on my LTV-37w2 when using the HDMI port connected to my XBOX 360. It's hard to describe, but occassionally the picture will "split" hoziontally through the screen. It'll usually correct itself after a couple of minutes but it's really frustrating and distracting. I don't have any issues with the component or VGA ports and use them all the time (Wii and PC). Has anybody experienced this issue or know if it's fixable? Any info would be appreciated!
post #2594 of 2611 Old 03-03-2010, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Basic Troubleshooting tips.

Have you tested other HDMI devices (DVD/Camera/etc.) using the same cable? Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Have you "wiggled" the cable to see if it results in a signal change? Checked the contacts of the cable and/or port?

I've not looked at the layout of an HDMI cable but if you could get an Ohm meter and test that each contact has continuity and the reads don't change as you flex the cable... that might be the ultimate test if it's a cable or something else.
post #2595 of 2611 Old 03-03-2010, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 12
Never had a problem specifically with HDMI and my 37W2. Occasionally it fails to power up properly via the remote and I have to power cycle it, but that's as bad as it gets.
post #2596 of 2611 Old 03-03-2010, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothlorien View Post

I have this issue on my LTV-37w2 when using the HDMI port connected to my XBOX 360.

It might also be worth while seeing if the XBOX 360 has any HDMI settings that might be "conflicting" or causing the display issues described. So lets say it has 2-3 different settings... if you set it differently. Does it react the sameway or not?
post #2597 of 2611 Old 06-28-2010, 05:04 PM

I have a problem with my Westinghouse LTV-32w6HD. A few months ago it would start freezing and the screen would blur and colors would fade. One day last week the screen went completely black but we could still hear the sound. it seems like everything else is working, I can change the channels and you can hear the new program. I have tried all inputs but get the same results. I opened the back and can see the the backlight is coming on. Not really sure where to go next with this. Thanks in advance.
post #2598 of 2611 Old 03-04-2011, 09:58 AM

I replaced a faulty main board in a westinghouse ltv32w6, but the replacment board is programmed to display the picture upside down.

I need to access the service menu to change the display oreintation, but i am having trouble finding the code.
post #2599 of 2611 Old 03-04-2011, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicondsrv View Post

I replaced a faulty main board in a westinghouse ltv32w6, but the replacment board is programmed to display the picture upside down.

I need to access the service menu to change the display oreintation, but i am having trouble finding the code.

I don't think anyone on the forum has ever had success accessing the service menu on these units. I searched extensively a few years ago and was unable to come up with anything, many others have searched as well. Good luck.

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.
post #2600 of 2611 Old 06-14-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richster View Post

I have had similar issues with the picture doing funny things. Unpluging the tv was working up until a week ago. Out of warranty I decided to take the tv apart. I found a brown residue / corrosion on the back of the mainboard and cleaned this off with denatured alcohol. I put everything back and the tv has been working great for the last 3 days. I swear the picture is better too! I took pitcures of the mainboard so I could put the connectors back in the right place. I did not take a picture of the corrosion because I didn't think that could cause the problem. Anyway I hope this helps others as I know this tv has some quirks.

I also have the same problem, I also attach some pic , but the thread is really to let you guys know the strange thing happen , soon i turn on the tv start with the issues of shadow on people face,and all over the screen and after couple minute strat to do the funny things like richster saying, the screen was filled with line , I found out the I need to replace the T-con board so i open the tv to make sure i got the right part number cause there is two
different T-con board , after took the almost the whole tv at part I found the T-con board right behind the screen, i took the part out ,wrote the part number, and I place everything back and put the back cover on the tv,
so the strange thing is the tv is complete fine , i turn on there is not shadow in the face or in the screen , wait couple and still fine not funny thing ,not line , one thing i know it is the ribbon cable the go from the t-com board to main board have a littler bend on the side not a big deal so I straighten or maybe was a loose wire somewhere , i don't really know , but i know tv was on for almost 6 hours and still perfect and hope it keep like that forever any change I'll keep you post it hope the may halp any one.
thank you for reading
here is a link:

http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...ghouse%2027w7/
post #2601 of 2611 Old 06-14-2011, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko0078 View Post

I also have the same problem, I also attach some pic , but the thread is really to let you guys know the strange thing happen , soon i turn on the tv start with the issues of shadow on people face,and all over the screen and after couple minute strat to do the funny things like richster saying, the screen was filled with line , I found out the I need to replace the T-con board so i open the tv to make sure i got the right part number cause there is two
different T-con board , after took the almost the whole tv at part I found the T-con board right behind the screen, i took the part out ,wrote the part number, and I place everything back and put the back cover on the tv,
so the strange thing is the tv is complete fine , i turn on there is not shadow in the face or in the screen , wait couple and still fine not funny thing ,not line , one thing i know it is the ribbon cable the go from the t-com board to main board have a littler bend on the side not a big deal so I straighten or maybe was a loose wire somewhere , i don't really know , but i know tv was on for almost 6 hours and still perfect and hope it keep like that forever any change I'll keep you post it hope the may halp any one.
thank you for reading
here is a link:

http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...ghouse%2027w7/

Congratulations on your good luck, I hope it holds for you.

post #2602 of 2611 Old 06-24-2011, 11:04 PM

thanks , yes the tv is still working great
post #2603 of 2611 Old 07-01-2011, 07:57 PM

well my luck didn't last for long, the tv went complete back ,samething like dherald, have
i can hear the tv channel, any one have any suggetion.
thanks
post #2604 of 2611 Old 09-03-2011, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I bought one of these (LTV-32w6 WD) several years ago and have since given it to my parents for use out by the hot tub. We have been unable to get it to pick up the Big Ten Network (on channel 51.25), though the signal strength seems to be just fine and pick it up in other rooms.

I've started a new scan, but it still won't find the channel, and I've tried to manually add (via the Find Channel option), but can not seem to enter the decimal point (the "-" key doesn't seem to work when you're entering the channel in Find Channel), and when you try to manually tune the set to 51.25 the TV just displays the typical "Channel Not Available" message.

Any suggestions folks?
post #2605 of 2611 Old 11-09-2011, 02:38 AM

Hi all,
You guys seem to know your stuff, so I'm hoping to get some advice! I've researched around and can't find out what's wrong with this LTV-32w6.
Basically where the picture is supposed to be dark blue & black, it instead shows fuzzy red. This happens across the entire screen. The only way to make it better (minimal red fuzz) is to turn up the brightness to about 80-90, but then the picture is too damn bright. I have just ordered and replaced the main board, and the issue still remains. In my opinion this doesn't seem like a t-con board/cable issue. What do you guys think?

post #2606 of 2611 Old 04-16-2014, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Took about 10 days, but I finally fixed a problem with the HDMI port on my LTV-32w6 HD . Someone had said If I spent 20 Minutes pressing the HDMI button on my Westinghouse Remote that'd "reset" the HDMI Port. (Along with pulling the HDMI Plug to allow for a proper "handshake").

TV had been unplugged for most of that 10 days and I decided against spending 20 Minutes so I pressed the HDMI button 20 times in rapid (regular) succession with the TV ON/HDMI Cable OUT/HDMI MODE ON. Afterward I plugged it back in... My ROKU 2 was already plugged in and running and after inserting the HDMI it still wasn't working properly (got a digitized horizontally broken/ghosting images of the source). I then switched Sources a few times and back to HDMI and it worked.

Hope I don't have to repeat that again because I don't recall exactly what I did... but glad it's working again. Was seriously considering cracking it open and checking the part number(s) on the Main Board so I could order a proper replacement...
post #2607 of 2611 Old 08-24-2014, 06:46 PM

LTV-32w6 Auto-Scan Needed Every Power Cycle

Hi there,
Just set my son up at college with the Westinghouse LTV-32w6 from his bedroom. At home he uses his XBOX ONE via HDMI and Cable TV via the YPbPr1 input. The TV has worked fine for years.
At college his dorm room has a cable TV wall connector and so we hooked the TV up directly to that and ran auto scan.
The Auto-Scan works fine and when complete he can change channels with the remote.
The problem is that whenever you turn the TV off and on (via the remote or from a power cycle) the TV tells you it needs to run auto scan again and you are stuck until you do so.
It's as though the auto scan information is not being retained or persisted in memory.
It's a nuisance to hav to run auto-scan every time you want to watch TV.
Does anybody have any suggestions ?
Thanks.

Last edited by atari-man; 08-24-2014 at 07:20 PM.
post #2608 of 2611 Old 08-31-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari-man View Post
Hi there,
Just set my son up at college with the Westinghouse LTV-32w6 from his bedroom. At home he uses his XBOX ONE via HDMI and Cable TV via the YPbPr1 input. The TV has worked fine for years.
At college his dorm room has a cable TV wall connector and so we hooked the TV up directly to that and ran auto scan.
The Auto-Scan works fine and when complete he can change channels with the remote.
The problem is that whenever you turn the TV off and on (via the remote or from a power cycle) the TV tells you it needs to run auto scan again and you are stuck until you do so.
It's as though the auto scan information is not being retained or persisted in memory.
It's a nuisance to hav to run auto-scan every time you want to watch TV.
Does anybody have any suggestions ?
Thanks.
My 32w6 had similar issues with sporadic requests to run scans, weird colors, lines rolling over the screen and so forth. It also had a weird way of sometimes turning itself off if you walked too close to it. It worked fine at first but developed these issues over the years, not all at once. I replaced the TV and didn't use it for six months or so. After that time I decided to hook it up in my garage and now it seems to work perfectly accept it doesn't like to respond to the remote control commands. This model seems to be very quirky and prone to glitches of one sort or another. Did you try connecting an antenna and doing a channel scan to see if the TV reacts the same way it does with the cable connected? I guess if I had to run a scan every time the TV booted I'd probably just leave it running 24/7.

post #2609 of 2611 Old 07-29-2017, 08:55 AM

Liked: 0
Hello! I'm hoping this thread is still alive, because I have a pressing question about my Westinghouse LTV-37W2HD.

I'm having issues with the audio from my HDMI port. When I use my Roku (attached via HDMI), the audio cuts out for 2-3 seconds about every 20-30 minutes. I've tried other devices and other HDMI cords and have the same issue, so I'm convinced it's the TV itself. Absolutely nothing else is plugged into the TV. It's just the power cord and the HDMI cord with the Roku.

HELP PLEASE???

Thank you!
post #2610 of 2611 Old 07-29-2017, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac07 View Post

HELP PLEASE???

Thank you!
Buy a new TV. My HDMI port failed after 2 months, ended up being able to return it and never looked back. Won't buy a Westinghouse TV again.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page