OK! Your LCD! You Tell Me! Got a new one? post it here - Page 54 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #1591 of 1616 Old 05-03-2019, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
1. The "Model" you have: 65sk9500

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model: LG name and FALD

3. What you like best about your LCD: Natural picture good darks and smart tv features

4. What you don't like about your LCD: Lack of good manual

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had: None that I can think of at the moment.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD: Please make a manual that explains all the features of the TV and remote.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD: nothing

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD: None yet.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it: Yes for the most part, even though this was LG's top end lcd.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged: No regrets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 1616 Old 05-03-2019, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got a new LCD Flat Panel? Post it here ONLY. Please do not post projection models.

Tell me the following:

1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung QN43Q60RAFXZA Flat 43'' QLED 4K Q60 Series (2019)

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model.
The only QLED in its size 43"

3. What you like best about your LCD.
Picture Quality, Color.

4. What you don't like about your LCD.
Cheesy leg cord clips, Digital Manual on the TV, No legacy composite or component inputs.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had.
PIP, Last Input/Previous Channel

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD.
Include a printed manual. Include composite/component to HDMI converter

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD.
The remote programs itself to control whatever devices/brands is selected on the HDMI input.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD.
None.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.
Yes. Under a grand. My last HDTV Panny Plasma was double the price in this size.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.
Satisfied with the unit/purchase. I posted a review on the online bookstore site.
post #1593 of 1616 Old 05-06-2019, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
New Outside TV

Picked a closeout model TV for our backyard/Pool - Upgraded from a 40" low budget Toshiba...

1. The "Model" you have.
TCL 49S405 49" Roku 4K LED TV

Cost, Cost, Cost, oh and max size for our location was 50"

Cost, higher brightness than old 40" budget LCD, Roku Built In, Size

Still would prefer an even brighter TV, VA panel so poor side viewing

Voice Remote, Even Brighter Screen, better reflection handling

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD.
Better Menu for screen setup

The sound output is pretty good

None yet...

Yes, of course - under $200 on closeout

This is being used outdoors - so I tried to find a good TV under $300 and getting this for just about $200 out the door was a great deal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1594 of 1616 Old 05-27-2019, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Liked: 376
1. The "Model" you have: TCL 55R615

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model: Have the 65" too, so I know it's an amazing set for the money.

3. What you like best about your LCD: Absolutely amazing color and brightness for the money, VERY, VERY little banding or DSE.

4. What you don't like about your LCD: For $500, absolutely nothing. Screw wide viewing angles, TV's are meant to be viewed head on or near head on anyway, and we only use use swivel mounts to maximize our flexibility.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had: HDR10+ I guess, but easily not a big deal for the price

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD: Keep on improving every year! Hisense is on your tail now, but you have the lead with 100% integrated manufacturing making every single one of your own parts, so you will always have the edge on value as long as you keep up reliability. Consider a 70" size, 75" is a just a little too big for some of us.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD: Even less banding and DSE than out our other 2 TCL's.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD: None. Zilch.

9. Do you really think that today's "Prices" are worth it: Absolutely! It's insane how much TV you can get for $500 these days

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged: Unless you jump all the way to OLED, I see no reason anyone should waste their money on anything more than a high-end TCL.
post #1595 of 1616 Old 05-27-2019, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroG View Post
1. The "Model" you have: 65sk9500

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model: LG name and FALD

3. What you like best about your LCD: Natural picture good darks and smart tv features
Rtings says it's main con is "Dark scenes appear gray and blotchy" and it's FALD was rated a 5/10 but whatever works for you, for any any actual video enthusiast I couldn't see spending that much on a 1300:1 contrast with blotchy and gray blacks... hope you really have a strong need for wide viewing angles for a mass of people viewing at once that can't sit in front, otherwise a $700 TCL blows it away in PQ... Not trying to attack you, but I'm just shocked you could even say an IPS TV has good blacks on a video enthusiast site.
post #1596 of 1616 Old 08-01-2019, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Jed Chan-Topfoison
1. The "Model" you have.
Topfoison J03

Mini 720p projector with high brightness

It's using Topfoison 3.97 inch 1280*720 TFT LCD display

None

Discrete code for DVI1, 2 and HDMI.

Perhaps you have any idea?

Great design!

Nothing yet.

YES I DO really think that it has a great cost-performance!

https://www.topfoison.net
post #1597 of 1616 Old 08-09-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
1. The "Model" you have: TCL 55R615

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model: Have the 65" too, so I know it's an amazing set for the money.

3. What you like best about your LCD: Absolutely amazing color and brightness for the money, VERY, VERY little banding or DSE.

4. What you don't like about your LCD: For $500, absolutely nothing. Screw wide viewing angles, TV's are meant to be viewed head on or near head on anyway, and we only use use swivel mounts to maximize our flexibility.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had: HDR10+ I guess, but easily not a big deal for the price

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD: Keep on improving every year! Hisense is on your tail now, but you have the lead with 100% integrated manufacturing making every single one of your own parts, so you will always have the edge on value as long as you keep up reliability. Consider a 70" size, 75" is a just a little too big for some of us.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD: Even less banding and DSE than out our other 2 TCL's.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD: None. Zilch.

9. Do you really think that today's "Prices" are worth it: Absolutely! It's insane how much TV you can get for $500 these days

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged: Unless you jump all the way to OLED, I see no reason anyone should waste their money on anything more than a high-end TCL.
I'm glad to see this. I've been leaning towards the 55" version of this to replace an older non-4K Visio. I do some gaming on it, and the reviews seem to make it a no-brainer at this price. Unfortunately, Best Buy doesn't display this prominently, nor does it get fed the same feed that the higher end TVs get, so it's pretty hard to compare on-site.
post #1598 of 1616 Old 08-09-2019, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantwolf View Post
I'm glad to see this. I've been leaning towards the 55" version of this to replace an older non-4K Visio. I do some gaming on it, and the reviews seem to make it a no-brainer at this price. Unfortunately, Best Buy doesn't display this prominently, nor does it get fed the same feed that the higher end TVs get, so it's pretty hard to compare on-site.
There are numerous reasons why you simply don't compare in store at all: lousy salespeople, terrible lighting, different feeds and settings, etc. So do your research online, use Rtings and sites like these and then buy... but at a B&M for easy returns and exchanges. Just take a chance on one of these and hopefully you'll get one with a good panel, hopefully they have stock fresher than manufactured in March of last year, for 2019 they are still making the same model for now with new production in at least Jan '19 but anything made after March '18 should have a good shot of being good!
post #1599 of 1616 Old 08-13-2019, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
1. The "Model" you have. Vizio V655

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model. It was cheap and 65in and looked ok

3. What you like best about your LCD. In my living room it is completely adequate

4. What you don't like about your LCD. It's not OLED

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had. Nothing this has all I really need

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD. Keep control of your quality....

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD. It has ARC....that works with my soundbar....most do but...it also has a tuner...

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD. none so far

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. mine was under 500 and I sold my old energy hog dor 100 so it made it 100 cheaper so to me it was a no brainer...

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged. I am impressed with it! I know it's Vizio's bottom of the rung....but it ticked all the boxed I needed. And I am happy with it!
post #1600 of 1616 Old 08-13-2019, 09:14 PM

Liked: 17
Thumbs up Tcl 55r617

Just got a new LCD Flat Panel? Post it here ONLY. Please do not post projection models.

Tell me the following:

1. The "Model" you have.
TCL 55R617.

The Cnet review.

Picture quality for a reasonably priced LCD.

"locked in " to a Roku operating system.

The ability to voice command OTA channels when in antenna mode.
Had that ability when "out of the box" but when I registered with Roku I seemed to have lost the ability.

Wish they had included a component input. And include an in depth user manual. I would have even settled for it on a CD/DVD.

These sets are known to have banding and shading problems. I rolled the dice and got as far as I can tell, no picture defects at all!

Understanding the Roku based operating system.

9. Do you really think that today's "Prices" are worth it.

H**l yes! compared to TV prices roughly 10 years ago.

I bought a Sammy 50" plasma 10? years ago. back when LCD's where the new thing. at the time, I thought they looked like S**T. Over the years I've seen prices plummet and the picture quality improve immensely on LCD's. Picture quality doesn't quite match my old plasma, but wanted a set I could display static images on. Otherwise, I would have gone for a OLED.

I fix machines
post #1601 of 1616 Old 10-02-2019, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by montl View Post
Picked a closeout model TV for our backyard/Pool - Upgraded from a 40" low budget Toshiba...

1. The "Model" you have.
TCL 49S405 49" Roku 4K LED TV

Voice Remote, Even Brighter Screen, better reflection handling

$30 but you can have a voice remote:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv
post #1602 of 1616 Old 11-02-2019, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 49
6 weeks (Sept 15) ago I purchased a 2019 Samsung 50RU710D (4K~VA panel) from Sam's club (similar to RU7100's). I returned it because the viewing angle was UN acceptable! I bought new a 2010 Samsung UN556400 and I thought it was bad back in 2010 but it is pale in comparison to the 710D.

I bought an 2019 LG 49UM7300PUA (4K~IPS panel) and I am well pleased!
post #1603 of 1616 Old 11-07-2019, 06:09 AM

Liked: 2
Sony 65 XBR950G

Was planning on getting the Samsung Q80 but liked (actually my wife) the XBR better in person. And $200 cheaper.

Was also planning on getting a 55" Not sure if this 65 is too big so will give it a week or so to get used to it.

Hate the new stands but will eventually hang it anyway.

Replaced a 12 year old 50" XBR6 that the HDMI ports went out on otherwise was still decent.

Living room is bright with lots of windows so needed LCD. Have 65" LG OLED in finished basement which is awesome.

Sales person made some good comparisons between the Sony and Samsung, plus I never liked the marketing of the QLED name.

Just set up last night so too early to tell much, but set up was easy although I certainly don't need all the google crap. Just want a link to Netflix and Prime is all.

Hope I made a good call.

Dean
post #1604 of 1616 Old 11-22-2019, 09:12 AM

Liked: 5
1. The "Model" you have.

2019 Vizio P series Quantum 75

List of features (Dolby Vision, high peak brightness, wide color gamut, full array local dimming, contrast ratio) plus price

All of the items I listed for number 2. :-) If I had to pick one it would be the contrast. When coupled with the peak brightness and wide color gamut the image jumps off the screen at times.

The inability to add more apps to the smart system installed on the TV. No Disney+ which is why I added a Roku device.

Nothing. I am happy with what it has.

None at this time.

How many unique features (smartcast, appleplay, etc...) were available on the tv but had no influence on my purchase of the tv.

Nothing yet (fingers crossed)

Compared to what they were even 3 or 4 years ago, heck yeah!

Not at this time.

Last edited by FrankKD; 11-22-2019 at 09:30 AM.
post #1605 of 1616 Old 11-24-2019, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 54
1. Model

TCL 2019 5 Series 43 inch

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model?

Needed new spare TV for the bedroom, and I really liked the design of this one for the price. I'm a big fan of "edge to edge" glass design.

3. What you like best about your LCD?

The Roku interface ease of use for bedtime and phone app compatibility.

4. What you don't like about your LCD?

The remote. I hate clicky buttons. It's glitchy and maybe lower than average QA.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had?

Apple airplay

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD?

Keep the firmware updates coming to fix glitches and further refine these machines.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD?

The overall picture quality. The blacks. The black screen is very uniform, much more uniform than my prior Samsung NU8000. No clouding, and pretty decent HDR effect in a very dark room! Dolby Vision is nice and I can tell a difference coming from Samsung.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD?

Few of the apps crashing and a grey grid pattern across the panel showing up twice in 2 weeks. Had to restart the TV to remove it. Very worrisome about the longevity of this TV if this kind of thing is already happening. I really like the pic quality so I do hope it lasts a long time.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it?

Absolutely, even with all the potential problems. A TV like this would have been like what, 20 thousand dollars in 2002?

I'll be unboxing my TCL R625 soon for the living room, so expect another post! Once I do, this 5 series is finally going in the bedroom, as it's a living room placeholder for now. I REALLY REALLY hope my R625 is undamaged and at least works as well as the TCL 5 and its not any worse.
FrankKD likes this.
post #1606 of 1616 Old 11-29-2019, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 215
1. Model

TCL 2019 3 Series 32 inch MODEL number 32S327

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model?

I was updating my older bedroom TV.

3. What you like best about your LCD?

Excellent black levels, great motion 120Hz, and accurate colors.

4. What you don't like about your LCD?

Not a big fan of the Roku features...yet.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had?

A better stand...one that is centered and some analog sound outputs.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD?

Default the home screen to a HDMI input & offer a better stand.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD?

The picture image processing is exceptional from 480i SD to 1080i/1080p 24Hz HD sources.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD?

Lack of analog sound output, I had to buy a digital to analog converter.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it?

I brought it on Black Friday....so...Yes.

TCL can definitely compete with LG, Samsung & Sony in the LED market.

LG OLED55B7A
Samsung HT-BD2ST (7.2 Channels)
Xbox One X 1TB
DirecTV Genie HR54 & Genie Client C61K
post #1607 of 1616 Old 12-04-2019, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1626 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
TCL can definitely compete with LG, Samsung & Sony in the LED market.
Technically all of these TVs are still LCDs. "LED" signifies the use of LED backlighting instead of the CCFL backlighting used in older models. "QLEDs" are also LCDs with LED backlighting and a quantum dot layer.
post #1608 of 1616 Old 12-07-2019, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Samsung Q90R

1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung Q90R (65")

Online pro reviews and this forum

Inky blacks, great HDR performance

HORRIBLE LIP-SYNC PROBLEM with any external source (with DD audio), connected to the TV's HDMI inputs, and the TV connected to a soundbar with either ARC or Optical. In my case, it prevents me from connecting my cable box, Roku Ultra, and Samsung BD player directly to the TV.

Whatever would fix the problem in #4 above...would eARC do it?

See #5 above

On the positive side, there were no real surprises. I paid a premium price, and had high expectations.

See #4 above

Not really. Well, maybe if everything worked they way it should, then yes. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Sorry this turned out to be so negative. I went over my original budget to get what I thought was the best LCD-LED TV available (OLED is not a good match for my room and our viewing habits...lots of TV channels with static images). It's been a very frustrating couple of weeks, and I'm spending so much time looking for a solution/alternative (while I'm still in the return period).
post #1609 of 1616 Old 12-12-2019, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcab17 View Post
1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung Q90R (65")

Online pro reviews and this forum

Inky blacks, great HDR performance

HORRIBLE LIP-SYNC PROBLEM with any external source (with DD audio), connected to the TV's HDMI inputs, and the TV connected to a soundbar with either ARC or Optical. In my case, it prevents me from connecting my cable box, Roku Ultra, and Samsung BD player directly to the TV.

Whatever would fix the problem in #4 above...would eARC do it?

See #5 above

On the positive side, there were no real surprises. I paid a premium price, and had high expectations.

See #4 above

Not really. Well, maybe if everything worked they way it should, then yes. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Sorry this turned out to be so negative. I went over my original budget to get what I thought was the best LCD-LED TV available (OLED is not a good match for my room and our viewing habits...lots of TV channels with static images). It's been a very frustrating couple of weeks, and I'm spending so much time looking for a solution/alternative (while I'm still in the return period).
The only alternative thats not a Samsung is to go with a Sony. x950g. Samsung really had the best LCD's this year compared to everyone else. LG doesnt even try on their LCD anymore and everything else is realistically such a lower build tier quality I'd consider them non choices for someone who has a Q90.
post #1610 of 1616 Old 12-15-2019, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clesarie View Post
The only alternative thats not a Samsung is to go with a Sony. x950g. Samsung really had the best LCD's this year compared to everyone else. LG doesnt even try on their LCD anymore and everything else is realistically such a lower build tier quality I'd consider them non choices for someone who has a Q90.
I considered that SONY, but I need a wide viewing angle and I'm pretty sensitive to blooming (the 65" Sony doesn't do well with either), so I went with the Q90R. I love the Q90R PQ so much, I decided to workaround the lip-sync issue (and ended up giving up Atmos, etc.). I'm using an Optical switch box (external devices into the TV with HDMI and into the switch box with Optical). The output of the switchbox goes into an optical-only 5.1 soundbar system. So, now I have great-sounding DD from all sources, including the TV apps, that always works...no drop-outs, and no lip-sync problem.

I know Atmos fans will think I'm crazy (and maybe I am), but I now have great 5.1 sound to go with the great Q90R picture.
post #1611 of 1616 Old 12-16-2019, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcab17 View Post
I considered that SONY, but I need a wide viewing angle and I'm pretty sensitive to blooming (the 65" Sony doesn't do well with either), so I went with the Q90R. I love the Q90R PQ so much, I decided to workaround the lip-sync issue (and ended up giving up Atmos, etc.). I'm using an Optical switch box (external devices into the TV with HDMI and into the switch box with Optical). The output of the switchbox goes into an optical-only 5.1 soundbar system. So, now I have great-sounding DD from all sources, including the TV apps, that always works...no drop-outs, and no lip-sync problem.

I know Atmos fans will think I'm crazy (and maybe I am), but I now have great 5.1 sound to go with the great Q90R picture.
Im a PQ over SQ guy any day but, a nie Atmos setup is a huge step up. At the end of the day it doesnt matter what anyone thinks though. If you're happy with your setup than thats all that matters.
post #1612 of 1616 Old 12-16-2019, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 23
1. The "Model" you have.
TCL 65R615

Online Reviews. Purchased the TCL 55R615 at BB, loved it. BB put the 65R615 on sale 4 days later at a crazy price. Boxed up the 55 and exchanged it for the 65

FALD, Inky blacks, Wide Color Gamut. Dolby Vision, Great HDR Performance, Roku interface

Horrible audio. Purchased the TCL Alto 7+ soundbar to fix that. Could use one more HDMI input.

Has everything I need.

Add one more HDMI Input

Premium Picture quality without the premium price. Especially at the sale price I got.

No problems so far

For this TV, yes. Why would anybody pay 3x more and only get maybe 10% better picture quality?

Best Bang for your Buck TV right now. This is my third 4k tv. I have a Sony XBR65X850C in the family room that was purchased 4-5 years ago and a TCL 50S425 for the master bedroom. This TV
was a replacement for my aging Samsung PN58C550 Plasma in the loft. It rivals the Sony PQ and is on my short list when it’s time to replace the Sony.
post #1613 of 1616 Old 12-26-2019, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
1. The "Model" you have.
Sceptre U515CV-U 50" 4K

Price

Quality for the price paid - Black Friday sale, but thru the website with free delivery!!!

Inability to find out how to enter service menu for advance settings and calibration.

It is NOT in anyway a smart TV, but for the price, I am good with that.

None.

Picture quality for the price.

None.

For this TV, definitely!!!

If anyone has any information about these TV's to access service menu for on timer, calibration, etc., please let me know. And if I find any, I will also share.

TB
post #1614 of 1616 Old 01-21-2020, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 29
1. The model I got was a Vizio PX65-G1.
2. What convinced me to get it was the price and picture.
3. What I like best about my LCD is the size and the color of the picture and all the features.

4. What I don't like about my LCD is that it has a narrow viewing angle.
5. I believe the TV i got has just about all the features that you could get.
6. The only thing i can think as far as an improvement would be wider viewing angle.

7. The biggest surprise was how bright and well defined the color is.
8. I haven't had any issues with my TV so far.
9. I believe there are some really great prices out there for TV's in general.
10. This is truly the BEST Bang for the Buck. Out of the top 10 TV's rated this is number 6... but... to put that into perspective the top 5 are all OLED and this was half the price of those.

Vizio PX65-G1/ Amazon Fire 4K stick/ Harmony Touch
Sony UBP-X700
Onkyo TX-NR818
Bowers & Wilkins 683S1 (mains), HTM61 (center)
Paradigm Titan v3 (Surrounds), Polk F/XiA4 (Rear Surrounds) HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #1615 of 1616 Old 02-21-2020, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 30
1. Model: QN8260RAFXZA

2. What convinced me to buy it? Great price, interest free financing, QLED upgrade over RU8000.

3. What I like best is the Quantum dot color and picture quality, plus the massive screen gives me THX recommended 40 degree field of view.

4. What I don't like is the severe flashlighting and terrible black uniformity. Can't even overcome it with bias lighting. I will admit that this may be due somewhat to my handling of the transport and installation. I did transport it flat and I laid it down to install wall brackets and lighting. Will never do this again. My awesome supplier is taking this set back in trade for the Q70R 82" at an even better price break. That one will be transported upright and never laid flat.

5. What features I wish the Q60R had. I wish the Q60R had FALD. This is my first edge lit display. My KU6300 is direct lit, even though it has no local dimming, light bleed is minimal. The solution to this shortcoming of the Q60R is the Q70R.

6. What suggestions would I give to Saumsung concerning the Q60R? Better backlight control(see item 5).

7. Biggest surprise. Unfortunately, the biggest surprise was a let down when after all the work bringing it home and installing it, I saw the terrible flashlighting. I won't say that I haven't enjoyed the display. After setting backlight and brightness levels, along with bias light level to best minimize the flashlighting, I have enjoyed numerous movies on this set. HD looks amazing and I can generally completely forget the light bleed and really enjoy the picture. I do look forward to the Q70R's FALD and black uniformity.

8. Issues with the TV? Aside from the flashlighting, the display has worked flawlessly.

9. Are today's prices worth it? While MSRP might seem high for these new sets, especially the new larger format displays, if you are willing to put in the time to go shopping, there are great prices available. I avoid stating what I actually paid for the Q60R or the Q70R that will be replacing it so not to create problems for my supplier. I will say that I bought a 2019 QLED 82" with FALD for exactly double what I paid for the 65" KU6300 in 2016. I would call that Christmas in February. Of course I got a bargain on the KU6300 too from the same supplier.

10. I know that Samsung gets alot of flack for their prices and feature compromises, and I'll agree that the QLED term(which looks way too much like OLED) is a bit tricky, but I buy their displays because all around no one does better with video processing and picture pop, upscaling my HD library to look fantastic at 82" from 8 feet away. These new Samsung QLED displays are amazing to watch movies on and that's specifically what I bought this display for.

Last edited by Movieslug; 02-21-2020 at 10:34 AM.
post #1616 of 1616 Old 02-27-2020, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
New living room to go with my ps4 pro and gaming PC

1. The "Model" you have.
XBR-85X950G

Definitely the cost. I bought an open box version and it comes with the "free" 5 year Best Buy warranty.

Size! But most importantly, the picture quality on this TV is amazing!

Not quite supporting 1440p resolution..

Better FALD even though it is good enough.

Definitely a fast SOC since it can be a little sluggish. Sometimes the app just crashes.

I was cautiously optimistic when I got this TV since I had an OLED before it. And man that picture quality is amazing!

e-ARC seems to be a hit or miss...

Hell yeah, I got a huge discount + warranty with it.

Update the firmware so it can have HDMI 2.1!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Aquos Lc42d62u 42 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv , Sony Bravia V Series Kdl 40v2500 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page