The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1072 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 256Likes

post #32131 of 32133 Old 09-11-2019, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Row of Pixels Out

I have a PRO-111FD that has a single row of pixels out. I recently took it to a repair shop to try to get it fixed. They told me one of the chips on the buffer is burned. They said for this particular model of Pioneer plasma, the buffer is permanently attached to the panel, so the whole panel would have to be replaced. They said it would be $800 plus labor, then immediately tried to sell me a new TV. When I went to retrieve my TV yesterday, I asked them if they even opened it up. They said no, and that they just hooked up a device and ran some software to test it. I found that kinda strange that they wouldn't even open it up to see if there was a loose connection or something obvious.

Anyways, I don't know much about what goes on inside of this TV, so can anyone tell me if what they said makes sense?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32132 of 32133 Old 09-11-2019, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gersh76 View Post
I have a PRO-111FD that has a single row of pixels out. I recently took it to a repair shop to try to get it fixed. They told me one of the chips on the buffer is burned. They said for this particular model of Pioneer plasma, the buffer is permanently attached to the panel, so the whole panel would have to be replaced. They said it would be $800 plus labor, then immediately tried to sell me a new TV. When I went to retrieve my TV yesterday, I asked them if they even opened it up. They said no, and that they just hooked up a device and ran some software to test it. I found that kinda strange that they wouldn't even open it up to see if there was a loose connection or something obvious.

Anyways, I don't know much about what goes on inside of this TV, so can anyone tell me if what they said makes sense?
You can download the service manual here. It looks to me like Pioneer refers to its buffer boards as Scan A and Scan B. The two vertically mounted boards all the way to the left.
https://elektrotanya.com/pioneer_pro...wnload.html#dl
I don't see any ribbon cables so they could be right that they are not replaceable.
Here's a video with back off.

Last edited by Test Ickles; 09-11-2019 at 01:31 PM.
post #32133 of 32133 Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gersh76 View Post

You can scoop up a 111fd for a couple of hundred bucks on craigslist and use your current set as a spare for parts if needed.
avsforumrocks likes this.

Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD (Kuro PRO-171FD) x 2
Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
Pioneer Kuro PRO-111FD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd , Plasma Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page