Samsung HP-s4253 Firmware update? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-16-2009, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had this TV for about a 1 and half years now and its been great (other than the sparkle problem-Fixed).

I recently picked up a Mac Mini and decided to use it on my TV for a media center. I have it hooked up through HDMI and it works, but my only problem is that it doesn't get full screen. I tried changing the settings on the Mini and the TV, but nothing was better than keeping the Mini at 1280x720 and the TV at 16:9.

I did some reading and I found after a firmware update, it gives the TV the capability to do 1:1 pixel mapping. It's called 'Just Scan'. I believe that would fix the issue, but I can't find the firmware update anywhere :/. I've checked Samsung's website and browsed all around the forums and I came up with nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found firmware for models that have the same UI...

Could I use that?
post #3 of 4 Old 03-08-2015, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have this same issue and I'm hoping a firmware upgrade will help. Were you able to resolve this? Where did you download the file?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-08-2015, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGaspard View Post
I've had this TV for about a 1 and half years now and its been great (other than the sparkle problem-Fixed).

I recently picked up a Mac Mini and decided to use it on my TV for a media center. I have it hooked up through HDMI and it works, but my only problem is that it doesn't get full screen. I tried changing the settings on the Mini and the TV, but nothing was better than keeping the Mini at 1280x720 and the TV at 16:9.

I did some reading and I found after a firmware update, it gives the TV the capability to do 1:1 pixel mapping. It's called 'Just Scan'. I believe that would fix the issue, but I can't find the firmware update anywhere :/. I've checked Samsung's website and browsed all around the forums and I came up with nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben
I can't help you with the firmware, sorry. But I also have this set and suffer from the sparkle issue. How did you fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page