Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight? - Page 400 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 410Likes

Old 06-16-2019, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul210 View Post
... Now you're telling me it will be an astronomical jump in PQ? Vader--say it ain't so!

OK, maybe "astronomical" is a little strong. One of the reasons I was so hesitant to let the V10 go was the picture quality; I was watching a movie called "Unstoppable" the other night on the V10, and was amazed at the PQ... and that was "only" a blu-ray...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
... Aside from depth of color and the true black levels favoring the C8, to my eyes, the V10 still has great color and images appear to be better defined (sharper, although I haven't adjusted sharpness.) Nothing like true plasma and excellent OLED.

I could not agree more. The contrast is what finally got me, but as for the colors, I just finished watching "Ready Player One" on UHD with Dolby Vision, so while the V10 had (has) great PQ, it's not really a fair fight... Long live my V10 in it's new home; it really is still a force to be reckoned with...!
Bruce2019 likes this.

Peace... Vader

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

Last edited by Vader424242; 06-17-2019 at 06:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 209
I think I know the answer but can the PMCv2 be taking off of one TV and used on another TV or is it a one time deal with the original TV it was installed on?
Old Today, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
After years of beautiful usage, I've replaced my fully functional v58 with a Samsung QLED. If anyone would like to buy it off of me, first reasonable offer gets it. Obviously, pick up only. I live in Vegas.

Set is fully functional with the remote and PCMv1 from Audiodane installed. Minor wear and tear, a few faint screen scratches (barely noticeable) due to the friggin' cats. Stand included but I can't seem to find the screws.

I apologize if this post is not allowed, moderators feel free to delete it if so.

Take care gang.

ala Yoda...

"Tweeters". Heh! "Treble". Heh! A basshead craves not these things! ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test Ickles View Post
I think I know the answer but can the PMCv2 be taking off of one TV and used on another TV or is it a one time deal with the original TV it was installed on?
Yes.. You can plug it to the tv via the small opening on the back, perform the reset.. Remove the device, close the opening and the job is done. And then of course you can use it on other tvs.. You can reset multiple compatible Plasma TVs with that device.. no limit..
AVfile likes this.

Panasonic TX-P42STW60 PDP
Panasonic TX-50GXW804 LCD
Old Today, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce2019 View Post
Yes.. You can plug it to the tv via the small opening on the back, perform the reset.. Remove the device, close the opening and the job is done. And then of course you can use it on other tvs.. You can reset multiple compatible Plasma TVs with that device.. no limit..
Awesome! I vaguely remember that you couldn't but this is good news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement