Official Pioneer Kuro Reddish Tint Problem Thread - Page 103 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: Does your Kuro have a reddish tint to the blacks?
KRP-500M/KRP-600M - NO 25 15.06%
5020FD/6020FD - NO 6 3.61%
111FD/151FD - NO 20 12.05%
101FD/141FD - NO 15 9.04%
Other/Older Model (please post) - NO 9 5.42%
KRP-500M/KRP-600M - YES 32 19.28%
5020FD/6020FD - YES 21 12.65%
111FD/151FD - YES 23 13.86%
101FD/141FD - YES 12 7.23%
Other/Older Model (please post) - YES 9 5.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 41Likes

post #3061 of 3066 Old 02-08-2019, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanvan1 View Post
Well I didn't take your advice and kept looking and I did see a little bit of red tint. my default settings were VOLRST was 29 VOLYKNOFS1D was 78 S3D was 88 and S4D was 135 new settings are VOLRST is 1 S1D is 63 S3D is 73 and S4D is 120. I'll check it out tonight and see what it looks like I can always lower it a little bit more
There's not too much you can do on the 60 inch sets. RSTP should definitely be at 1.

Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD (Kuro PRO-171FD) x 2
Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
Pioneer Kuro PRO-111FD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3066 Old 11-26-2019, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Alright well I'm sparking up the Kuro thread after a while so bear with me please. My PRO-151FD has a red tint, like many of your panels, and after seeing it, I cant UN-see it, so here I am, with 30 different tabs open on how to repair the problem. The main issue, however, is not even being able to access the service menu in the first place. I've bought the TREND-net and Startech cables linked at the beginning of multiple threads, and also another completely separate brand, yet no matter what command I send the Kuro, it refuses to respond. I've done a loopback test, so I know the cables are all good (they are all straight cables), I've ensured the baud rate is 9600 on both the Kuro and the PC (and tried others on both ends, including 1200 and 38400), the stop bits are 1, data bits are 8, parity and flow control are set to none as well. There is only one COM port to connect to, so that is the adapter's. I've also tried multiple programs, including Hyperterminal, Putty, Kuro Control, and Kuro Command. Kuro Tables and KuroKal both freeze up when I click connect, KuroControl give timeout errors, Kuro Kapture gives a blank document when setting it to auto, and Kuro Command, Putty, and Hyper Terminal send commands without any response from the Kuro. I've rebooted, reinstalled drivers, tried an XP machine, and I've literally given up. Does anyone here have any ideas for what I can try to get this dang panel into service mode?
post #3063 of 3066 Old 12-02-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna R View Post
Alright well I'm sparking up the Kuro thread after a while so bear with me please. My PRO-151FD has a red tint, like many of your panels, and after seeing it, I cant UN-see it, so here I am, with 30 different tabs open on how to repair the problem. The main issue, however, is not even being able to access the service menu in the first place. I've bought the TREND-net and Startech cables linked at the beginning of multiple threads, and also another completely separate brand, yet no matter what command I send the Kuro, it refuses to respond. I've done a loopback test, so I know the cables are all good (they are all straight cables), I've ensured the baud rate is 9600 on both the Kuro and the PC (and tried others on both ends, including 1200 and 38400), the stop bits are 1, data bits are 8, parity and flow control are set to none as well. There is only one COM port to connect to, so that is the adapter's. I've also tried multiple programs, including Hyperterminal, Putty, Kuro Control, and Kuro Command. Kuro Tables and KuroKal both freeze up when I click connect, KuroControl give timeout errors, Kuro Kapture gives a blank document when setting it to auto, and Kuro Command, Putty, and Hyper Terminal send commands without any response from the Kuro. I've rebooted, reinstalled drivers, tried an XP machine, and I've literally given up. Does anyone here have any ideas for what I can try to get this dang panel into service mode?
Well, I've tried another method - making my own remote with an Arduino and an IR LED. No matter the code I used, however, I could not get it working, even for codes as simple as turning on or off. If anyone could help me out with this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3064 of 3066 Old 12-03-2019, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Well, I've tried another method - making my own remote with an Arduino and an IR LED. No matter the code I used, however, I could not get it working, even for codes as simple as turning on or off. If anyone could help me out with this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Use Eddie's programs.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-p...-programs.html
post #3065 of 3066 Old 12-04-2019, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
If Kuro Tables and KuroCal crashed then you are either selecting the wrong COM port or, a long shot, but I've had this happen before, the TV's serial port is not working. You can remedy this by replacing the main board.

Another possibility for KuroCal and KuroTables locking up is that they both send a couple of commands to the TV right after you click Connect. I suggest using Kuro Command and entering the correct COM port. Issue the qaj command to display the current voltages.

I'm assuming you purchased the adapter and cable from the links that I posted in the first post of my programs threads?

I'd also like to assume that the TV is ON when you are attempting to connect? You are connecting the cable to the TV's serial port and NOT the VGA port right?

Keep in mind that there's really not much you can do regarding red tint on 60 inch Kuros, as they don't offer the same level of tweaking wiggle room to have a noticeable impact on red tint. If the red tint is unbearable, I suggest you relegate the 151fd to daytime viewing and purchase a different set for night time viewing. I sold my red tinted 141fd and replaced it with a 70 inch Sharp Elite and don't regret it one bit. In fact, it's my favorite 1080p set! Yes even over Kuro!

Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD (Kuro PRO-171FD) x 2
Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
Pioneer Kuro PRO-111FD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020

Last edited by makaveddie81; 12-04-2019 at 01:08 PM.
post #3066 of 3066 Old 12-06-2019, 05:43 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
If Kuro Tables and KuroCal crashed then you are either selecting the wrong COM port or, a long shot, but I've had this happen before, the TV's serial port is not working. You can remedy this by replacing the main board.

Another possibility for KuroCal and KuroTables locking up is that they both send a couple of commands to the TV right after you click Connect. I suggest using Kuro Command and entering the correct COM port. Issue the qaj command to display the current voltages.

I'm assuming you purchased the adapter and cable from the links that I posted in the first post of my programs threads?

I'd also like to assume that the TV is ON when you are attempting to connect? You are connecting the cable to the TV's serial port and NOT the VGA port right?

Keep in mind that there's really not much you can do regarding red tint on 60 inch Kuros, as they don't offer the same level of tweaking wiggle room to have a noticeable impact on red tint. If the red tint is unbearable, I suggest you relegate the 151fd to daytime viewing and purchase a different set for night time viewing. I sold my red tinted 141fd and replaced it with a 70 inch Sharp Elite and don't regret it one bit. In fact, it's my favorite 1080p set! Yes even over Kuro!
Haha nah we paid too much for this TV and would like to keep driving it as our main until it's lat breath (as cynical as that is). I've tried every COM port possible, and I've made sure that it's connected to the serial (9-pin) port on the TV. We already replaced the HDMI board to repair the 8 blink issue, so not planning on any boards, especially for the 151FD which I've read elsewhere too is hard to fix. You're saying it too, so I suppose it's not possible then. I'm using the TRENDnet adapter and Startech cable linked earlier, and also tried a Gleewin combo cable, but none of them have worked. I'll try using the command you mentioned as a last resort, otherwise I'll just return the cables to amazon and deal with it (you know, like a normal, non-obsessed person ). If the command returns any results then I'll spark back in the thread, but if I don't then it's because I've straight given up lol. Thanks so much for responding, though!
Bruce2019 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Pdp 6020fd 60 Inch Class Kuro Plasma Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Pioneer Pdp 5020fd 50 Inch 1080p Kuro Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 160gb System

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page