Official Panasonic 2012 Lineup and Information Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #661 of 1640 Old 03-19-2012, 10:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 6,404
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2635 Post(s)
Liked: 2583
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

You're a trip.

Calm down, sheshechic-- I'm just messing with you. Seriously, though, I learned my lesson.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
sage11x is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #662 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 16,780
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1832 Post(s)
Liked: 3596
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post


Didn't see your post. Not sure why this is such a big deal. If you're making the statement that the ST is a better set than the GT then why wouldn't someone have simply linked me to the post or site where this was discussed?

Anyways, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I just see a LOT of speculation around here and it ends up like being one of those truth exercises-- tell enough people and all of a sudden it's true.

You didn't see my post on 3/15 @ 1:19AM in this thread? You had a few posts the same day starting around 2PM. Ok.

No one, including myself, stated the ST50 was better than the GT50. My comment questioned the purchase of the GT50. Why would anyone get the GT50 over a ST50 when there really isn't a PQ difference to justify the price? Would it be for aesthetics or marketing fluff that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
D-Nice is offline  
post #663 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Senior Member
 
CatBrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Was wondering if maybe the 3D rendering might be any better? Or something, to justify the price.
CatBrat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #664 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DoctorM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,113
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 846 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBrat View Post

Was wondering if maybe the 3D rendering might be any better? Or something, to justify the price.

Or the 1080p Pure Direct, Pure Image Creation, Vivid Color Creation... (especially the 1080p Pure Direct).

I believe they are 4:4:4 30-bit color, antialiasing and color correction respectively (okay the last 2 sound like bad ideas).
DoctorM is offline  
post #665 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Senior Member
 
beagle five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, you think vt50 will have 4 times as good blacks as 2011?
That would put it very close to 5090 territory! St50 has panasonic 2011 blacks, pioneer 9g blacks was 5 times 8g blacks.
Somehow I dont think the vt50 is going to be much darker then st50, maybe the better filter will make it LOOK darker but not measure darker.
I guess the q is what 2011 model they mean?!
But I hope it really is 4 times darker then st50, it has to be to compensate its MUCH higher price! 50st50 costs less then half of 50vt50 here in sweden if the price i have seen so far is correct!

Lets hope!
beagle five is offline  
post #666 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 6,404
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2635 Post(s)
Liked: 2583
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post


You didn't see my post on 3/15 @ 1:19AM in this thread? You had a few posts the same day starting around 2PM. Ok.

No one, including myself, stated the ST50 was better than the GT50. My comment questioned the purchase of the GT50. Why would anyone get the GT50 over a ST50 when there really isn't a PQ difference to justify the price? Would it be for aesthetics or marketing fluff that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside?

...

OMG why are we arguing then? Lol! This is a HUGE misunderstanding! Someone specifically said that the ST was going to be a better choice than the GT-- I commented that it was a fallacy to make any determination about the GT at this point as no one had reviewed it! I received replies indicating the same but no one could give me any proof as to WHY they were making this bold prediction! I didn't say that you said the ST was better-- but when you respond to my post to disagree with me then I assume you're disagreeing with the very point I was arguing!

Honestly, I can't believe how blown out of proportion a simple little thing like not judging a product until it is released has become! If you have inside information-- which considering your position and reputation I would not doubt-- then I believe you! But, Dnice, I was never trying to argue with you or challenge your opinions! I was simply arguing with the couple of members that had made the implication of the comparison of a panel which hasn't been released yet to a panel which had without any sort of data or proof to back it up. A simple: "DNice said so, here's the link" would have sufficed. now I find out that you didn't even say that and your only observation was that you didn't see the point of the GT... A bit of a difference.

Either way-- lose, lose for me as I come off as the ******* who's arguing with DNice. Well that wasn't my intention but I'm going to stick to my guns on this one and if the mods want to slap me with it than so-be-it. I'll wait patiently for the assessment you stated was coming as I do value your observations and input on this board-- I'll reserve judgement of the gt until then.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
sage11x is online now  
post #667 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

...

OMG why are we arguing then? Lol! This is a HUGE misunderstanding! Someone specifically said that the ST was going to be a better choice than the GT-- I commented that it was a fallacy to make any determination about the GT at this point as no one had reviewed it! I received replies indicating the same but no one could give me any proof as to WHY they were making this bold prediction! I didn't say that you said the ST was better-- but when you respond to my post to disagree with me then I assume you're disagreeing with the very point I was arguing!

Honestly, I can't believe how blown out of proportion a simple little thing like not judging a product until it is released has become! If you have inside information-- which considering your position and reputation I would not doubt-- then I believe you! But, Dnice, I was never trying to argue with you or challenge your opinions! I was simply arguing with the couple of members that had made the implication of the comparison of a panel which hasn't been released yet to a panel which had without any sort of data or proof to back it up. A simple: "DNice said so, here's the link" would have sufficed. now I find out that you didn't even say that and your only observation was that you didn't see the point of the GT... A bit of a difference.

Either way-- lose, lose for me as I come off as the ******* who's arguing with DNice. Well that wasn't my intention but I'm going to stick to my guns on this one and if the mods want to slap me with it than so-be-it. I'll wait patiently for the assessment you stated was coming as I do value your observations and input on this board-- I'll reserve judgement of the gt until then.

You're gettin' a little roughed up here, cowboy, lol.

You seem to have a lot of passion and that's cool.

Bottom line: If your sole objective is PQ then just go with the the ST50 and get it pro calibrated by someone who understands these sets. They're a different animal.

But they're also a "beast"; in a good way -- as D commented on.
MrVizio is offline  
post #668 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

Just kidding a little. I have people ask me all the time if they should buy an LED TV. I then explain to them that there is no such thing as an LED TV. It's still a LCD TV that is using LED back lighting. Thanks to Samsung's advertising and sales peoples lack of understanding they think LED is a some kind of new TV technology.

So true.

The rare back-lit, local dimming set -- when done right -- I would say is a step forward from traditional LCD in a good way, but.... still an LCD.
MrVizio is offline  
post #669 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DoctorM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,113
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 846 Post(s)
Liked: 258
This isn't complicated. The GT50s have not officially been released. As such anyone who might have actually had an opportunity to test one is prohibited from publicly talking about it.

Just accept the hints as confirmation and stop trolling.
DoctorM is offline  
post #670 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post

This isn't complicated. The GT50s have not officially been released. As such anyone who might have actually had an opportunity to test one is prohibited from publicly talking about it.

Yep.
MrVizio is offline  
post #671 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 16,780
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1832 Post(s)
Liked: 3596
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post


...

OMG why are we arguing then? Lol! This is a HUGE misunderstanding! Someone specifically said that the ST was going to be a better choice than the GT-- I commented that it was a fallacy to make any determination about the GT at this point as no one had reviewed it! I received replies indicating the same but no one could give me any proof as to WHY they were making this bold prediction! I didn't say that you said the ST was better-- but when you respond to my post to disagree with me then I assume you're disagreeing with the very point I was arguing!

Honestly, I can't believe how blown out of proportion a simple little thing like not judging a product until it is released has become! If you have inside information-- which considering your position and reputation I would not doubt-- then I believe you! But, Dnice, I was never trying to argue with you or challenge your opinions! I was simply arguing with the couple of members that had made the implication of the comparison of a panel which hasn't been released yet to a panel which had without any sort of data or proof to back it up. A simple: "DNice said so, here's the link" would have sufficed. now I find out that you didn't even say that and your only observation was that you didn't see the point of the GT... A bit of a difference.

Either way-- lose, lose for me as I come off as the ******* who's arguing with DNice. Well that wasn't my intention but I'm going to stick to my guns on this one and if the mods want to slap me with it than so-be-it. I'll wait patiently for the assessment you stated was coming as I do value your observations and input on this board-- I'll reserve judgement of the gt until then.

Who's arguing?????????
D-Nice is offline  
post #672 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 12:27 PM
mnc
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Are the 60"&65" 50 series expected to have lower mll than the 50"&55"?

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, DUAL PSA XS30SE's, ATV4K, 75X940E, UBPX700
mnc is offline  
post #673 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Newbie
 
rejus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

You didn't see my post on 3/15 @ 1:19AM in this thread? You had a few posts the same day starting around 2PM. Ok.

No one, including myself, stated the ST50 was better than the GT50. My comment questioned the purchase of the GT50. Why would anyone get the GT50 over a ST50 when there really isn't a PQ difference to justify the price? Would it be for aesthetics or marketing fluff that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside?

i like warm and fuzzy things
and those giga shmega things tickle me

kidding anyways, thank you for you info, i will be getting myself a ST50 as soon as 60" model comes out.

as far as calibration goes, i am tempted to get it calibrated as well. i am in NYC.
rejus is offline  
post #674 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
weedeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Can I make my sight-unseen prediction?

There will be virtually no PQ difference between the ST and the GT. The differences will be in additions to features for the GT over the ST, like network applications. And perhaps a few more tweakable values in the menus.

Whether that will justify the price difference would depend on the buyer.
weedeater is offline  
post #675 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Senior Member
 
HearingImpaired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post

Can I make my sight-unseen prediction?

There will be virtually no PQ difference between the ST and the GT. The differences will be in additions to features for the GT over the ST, like network applications. And perhaps a few more tweakable values in the menus.

Whether that will justify the price difference would depend on the buyer.

The GT50 will also have a faster panel and better motion handling than the St50
HearingImpaired is offline  
post #676 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
HearingImpaired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
HearingImpaired is offline  
post #677 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Member
 
pinnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well here in Europe the gt50 has got the FFD 2500 Hz panel och the st50 has got a FFD 2000 Hz panel. So here there might be a slight difference in PQ. I must say you americans should be happy. The vt50 55 has got a listprice in sweden of like 3800 $. The st50 55" cost around 2500$. Prices will drop but.. lot of dough. :-(

I want my next TV to have "smell the glove"-blacklevel. I got me an st50 and I think I can smell some leather in a not too far away distance somewhere.
pinnick is offline  
post #678 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 16,780
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1832 Post(s)
Liked: 3596
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejus View Post


i like warm and fuzzy things
and those giga shmega things tickle me

kidding anyways, thank you for you info, i will be getting myself a ST50 as soon as 60" model comes out.

as far as calibration goes, i am tempted to get it calibrated as well. i am in NYC.

I am in NYC basically every month. Just let me know if you would like me to calibrate your display.
D-Nice is offline  
post #679 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,005
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4204 Post(s)
Liked: 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post

My 2011 VT30 has HORRIBLE IR (lasting weeks/months). My 4 & 7 year old Panasonic plasmas had no issues with IR at all. So I don't know that they "usually" have more IR but they certainly seem to be terrible since the advent of 3D and whatever changes Panasonic made.

Hopefully they fixed the problem in 2012.

mine too...maybe not 'horrible' but definitely noticable with an all white background...this alone has almost turned me off of plasmas as I thought that IR issues were no longer serious issues in 2011

the VT50 sounds really nice but I'm not sure I want to risk the chance of IR again
TitusTroy is offline  
post #680 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Member
 
Bigjoemeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
D-nice do u ever come to San Diego? Alittle off topic, sry
Bigjoemeat is offline  
post #681 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 16,780
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1832 Post(s)
Liked: 3596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjoemeat View Post

D-nice do u ever come to San Diego? Alittle off topic, sry

I may be able to take the trip the last weekend of the month as I will be in LA that weekend.
D-Nice is offline  
post #682 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 6,404
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2635 Post(s)
Liked: 2583
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post


mine too...maybe not 'horrible' but definitely noticable with an all white background...this alone has almost turned me off of plasmas as I thought that IR issues were no longer serious issues in 2011

the VT50 sounds really nice but I'm not sure I want to risk the chance of IR again

How long does the IR last? I've noticed on the S/ST that IR sets in pretty fast but goes away just as quickly.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
sage11x is online now  
post #683 of 1640 Old 03-20-2012, 09:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 3,275
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by HearingImpaired View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb3wyjB29xU


Thank you I thoroughly enjoyed that but would have liked it even more if I were in Hamburg watching it.

You can call me Sheila.
sheshechic is offline  
post #684 of 1640 Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,005
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4204 Post(s)
Liked: 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

How long does the IR last? I've noticed on the S/ST that IR sets in pretty fast but goes away just as quickly.

I ran that scrolling bar but it doesn't seem to go away completely...after running the scrolling bar it looks like it's almost gone but then when I check later on in the day it's not faded away as much as earlier...it's very faint as it is and can only be seen against an all white background but I still don't like it...maybe I'll try running color slides for 24 hours or so and see if it completely goes away
TitusTroy is offline  
post #685 of 1640 Old 03-21-2012, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
The game mode on the top-end Samsung UNxxD/E LCDs looks horrible. We're talking significantly worse PQ from my 2006 Philips 720p LCD.

It looks horrible out of the box, yeah - but you can easily adjust it to be fairly accurate.

David Mackenzie
Blu-ray Disc (and DVD) Compressionist/Author
US Correspondent & Tech Consultant, HDTVtest
ISF Certified Calibrator (Level 2) / THX Certified Professional (Video Calibration Level 2)
lyris is offline  
post #686 of 1640 Old 03-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tempest261's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyris View Post

It looks horrible out of the box, yeah - but you can easily adjust it to be fairly accurate.

Not in my experience. The game mode in the LCDs turns off almost all practical adjustments.

Calibration Equipment:
Meters: X-rite i1 Pro 2, X-rite i1 Display Pro
Software: Spectracal Calman DIY, ControlCAL
Tempest261 is offline  
post #687 of 1640 Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 6,404
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2635 Post(s)
Liked: 2583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest261 View Post


Not in my experience. The game mode in the LCDs turns off almost all practical adjustments.

This is true-- I have a 60" D6400 on it's way (hopefully) so I'll take a look. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to game on it though.

My panasonic's have all been fantastic gaming displays.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
sage11x is online now  
post #688 of 1640 Old 03-21-2012, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 6,404
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2635 Post(s)
Liked: 2583
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post


I ran that scrolling bar but it doesn't seem to go away completely...after running the scrolling bar it looks like it's almost gone but then when I check later on in the day it's not faded away as much as earlier...it's very faint as it is and can only be seen against an all white background but I still don't like it...maybe I'll try running color slides for 24 hours or so and see if it completely goes away

Scrolling bar has never done anything for me-- try the static screen video that's floating around.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
sage11x is online now  
post #689 of 1640 Old 03-21-2012, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest261 View Post

Not in my experience. The game mode in the LCDs turns off almost all practical adjustments.

Ouch... I know in the past it was very restrictive and locked you into a very blue-tinted Colour Temperature (Cool). But I've had no trouble configuring the (European) Samsung displays for accurate video in the Game Mode - in fact, I even used this for movies back when Samsung was still forcing noise reduction on outside of Game Mode. I remember it disabled "Motion Plus", but that wasn't an issue for 24fps material and "10p White Balance", but the rest of the adjustments were there.

David Mackenzie
Blu-ray Disc (and DVD) Compressionist/Author
US Correspondent & Tech Consultant, HDTVtest
ISF Certified Calibrator (Level 2) / THX Certified Professional (Video Calibration Level 2)
lyris is offline  
post #690 of 1640 Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,005
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4204 Post(s)
Liked: 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Scrolling bar has never done anything for me-- try the static screen video that's floating around.

do you have a link to this static screen video?...how long do you run it for?
TitusTroy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off