Official Samsung PNXXE7000 - PNXXE8000 owners thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tonyjd40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: summit hill, pa
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post

I thought the e8000 had the chrome stand.

The ES8000 has the new stand.

tonyjd40
you can dream of where you will be ten years from now,or
you can work hard today to actually get there
tonyjd40 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tonyjd40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: summit hill, pa
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Here is the release from Samsung describing the ES/E8000 and the benefits of the processor and all other pertinent information. Hope this helps clear some things up for you guys.


[url="http://www.samsung.com/us/news/newsRead.do?news_seq=20135&page=1&gltype=localnews"]http://www.samsung.com/us/news/newsRead.do?news_seq=20135&page=1&gltype=localnews[/U

god bless

tonyjd40
you can dream of where you will be ten years from now,or
you can work hard today to actually get there
tonyjd40 is offline  
post #123 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Member
 
powermonkey24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nobody had any picture settings? About ready to set mine up and would like something to start with...guess I could go with last years D8000 and go from there
powermonkey24 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Member
 
Glottiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
am i reading this right... PS51 models power consumption is only 133 Watts? that's a huge improvement over last years models. hope brightness didn't suffer.
anyone tested how ABL performs on E models? is it more or less intrusive than last year? what about shimmering?
Glottiz is offline  
post #125 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Member
 
powermonkey24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WOW...looks amazing, just got it up and running, has a chrome stand, not a big fan of it, this one has a slight buzz to it, but not as bad as my c8000 did, not a deal breaker for me. There is no dejudder of motion control on these, and I have not watched in cinema smooth mode yet to test black level..will report on other things as I get to them...so far..big upgrade for me!
powermonkey24 is offline  
post #126 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Newbie
 
mhe0828a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Before I get started I just want to tell everyone that plasma TVs are brand new to me and I know very little about them (just incase I ask or say anything that may seem idiotic). I just want to learn from anyone who can help.

I feel in love with plasma TVs when I first saw a pn51d8000 next to an LED/LCD tv at best buy when they were both playing the same thing, I had always thought that the LED tvs had better PQ since they seemed like the newer technology (I realize I was wrong). I liked the pn51d8000 so much I bought it! bad news was best buy had no more and they could only sell me the floor model as an open box. I took it home and saw exactly what burn-in is, espn was pretty noticeable in the bottom right corner. So the next day I took it back and exchanged it with the other floor model which they said they had checked and it had no burn-in..... well when I got home and turn it on and the first thing I watched has a white sky with PLAY ALL displayed faintly and annoyingly. Since there were no more at that store I decided to take advantage of the Geek Squad with hope that they could fix it. After getting a no call/no show from their in home repair guy, they said they would try to replace the screen and just needed to get approval. After two weeks of waiting (and using the tv which was amazing minus the burn in) they said they had good and bad news; I got approved for screen replacement, but they don't have any screen and can't get any. So they told me to either return it or they would give me a tv equal to the price i paid. Well that really sucked because I had purchased it on sale, so they were trying to give me a much lower quality tv. After calling all the best buys around me I finally found someone with some sympathy and I wound up being able to upgrade to the PN51E8000 for very little.

I get to pick up my PN51E8000 next friday so while I am waiting I am trying to learn everything and anything I can on what not to do to this new TV that can damage the picture in anyway. I know static images and black bars are forbidden and pixel shift is a must, but what about everything from pictures settings to the amount of time the screen is on. I have read about many people using burn-in DVDs for the first 100 hours. I just want to know what everyone else who is purchasing or has purchased their PNxxE8000/PNxxE7000 are doing to their TVs right out of the box to help protect/create its beautiful picture.

Thank you,
Someone afraid of burn-in
mhe0828a is offline  
post #127 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 05:07 PM
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 16,231
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4802
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhe0828a View Post

Before I get started I just want to tell everyone that plasma TVs are brand new to me and I know very little about them (just incase I ask or say anything that may seem idiotic). I just want to learn from anyone who can help.

I feel in love with plasma TVs when I first saw a pn51d8000 next to an LED/LCD tv at best buy when they were both playing the same thing, I had always thought that the LED tvs had better PQ since they seemed like the newer technology (I realize I was wrong). I liked the pn51d8000 so much I bought it! bad news was best buy had no more and they could only sell me the floor model as an open box. I took it home and saw exactly what burn-in is, espn was pretty noticeable in the bottom right corner. So the next day I took it back and exchanged it with the other floor model which they said they had checked and it had no burn-in..... well when I got home and turn it on and the first thing I watched has a white sky with PLAY ALL displayed faintly and annoyingly. Since there were no more at that store I decided to take advantage of the Geek Squad with hope that they could fix it. After getting a no call/no show from their in home repair guy, they said they would try to replace the screen and just needed to get approval. After two weeks of waiting (and using the tv which was amazing minus the burn in) they said they had good and bad news; I got approved for screen replacement, but they don't have any screen and can't get any. So they told me to either return it or they would give me a tv equal to the price i paid. Well that really sucked because I had purchased it on sale, so they were trying to give me a much lower quality tv. After calling all the best buys around me I finally found someone with some sympathy and I wound up being able to upgrade to the PN51E8000 for very little.

I get to pick up my PN51E8000 next friday so while I am waiting I am trying to learn everything and anything I can on what not to do to this new TV that can damage the picture in anyway. I know static images and black bars are forbidden and pixel shift is a must, but what about everything from pictures settings to the amount of time the screen is on. I have read about many people using burn-in DVDs for the first 100 hours. I just want to know what everyone else who is purchasing or has purchased their PNxxE8000/PNxxE7000 are doing to their TVs right out of the box to help protect/create its beautiful picture.

Thank you,
Someone afraid of burn-in

You'll get varying opinions. For my D8000 I just watched a variety of programming, especially full screen HD content (no black bars sides or top/bottom). The pixel shift won't save you from a static logo, it doesn't move enough pixels. You can use slides, probably can find some to download over in the D8000 thread https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1322413 as well as setting suggestions. Just don't use static content like ESPN for long, don't use it as a computer monitor, etc. First 100 hours are supposedly the most critical while the phosphors adjust.
lovinthehd is offline  
post #128 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Senior Member
 
adrian s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Just received e6500. Initial impressions are positive. I owned the d8000 for a year so I do have a frame of reference. RBF seems comparable to last year. Tonight I will check for the obvious issues. Also plan to put a meter on it to compare to the d8000. I'm working with an i1pro so I won't be able to check mll. I can only give perceived black level. I'll get back with you guys.

consider the source
adrian s is offline  
post #129 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tonyjd40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: summit hill, pa
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post

Just received e6500. Initial impressions are positive. I owned the d8000 for a year so I do have a frame of reference. RBF seems comparable to last year. Tonight I will check for the obvious issues. Also plan to put a meter on it to compare to the d8000. I'm working with an i1pro so I won't be able to check mll. I can only give perceived black level. I'll get back with you guys.

Intersted in your thoughts as to the color and over all pq on this tv. Definately looking like one of the best bang for the buck tv from Samsung this year.

tonyjd40
you can dream of where you will be ten years from now,or
you can work hard today to actually get there
tonyjd40 is offline  
post #130 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
 
ETERNIA FOREVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post

Just received e6500. Initial impressions are positive. I owned the d8000 for a year so I do have a frame of reference. RBF seems comparable to last year. Tonight I will check for the obvious issues. Also plan to put a meter on it to compare to the d8000. I'm working with an i1pro so I won't be able to check mll. I can only give perceived black level. I'll get back with you guys.


Hey Adrian I started an owners thread for the 6500 television here


https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1401151
ETERNIA FOREVER is offline  
post #131 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Member
 
powermonkey24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

You'll get varying opinions. For my D8000 I just watched a variety of programming, especially full screen HD content (no black bars sides or top/bottom). The pixel shift won't save you from a static logo, it doesn't move enough pixels. You can use slides, probably can find some to download over in the D8000 thread https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1322413 as well as setting suggestions. Just don't use static content like ESPN for long, don't use it as a computer monitor, etc. First 100 hours are supposedly the most critical while the phosphors adjust.

That's good you won't be disappointed with you new e8000...I have been watching mine for the las few hours and it is amazing...even my directv channels that looked horrible with past tvs look great...for picture settings I went to the the picture settings thread for the d8000 from last year to start with...so far very happy!
powermonkey24 is offline  
post #132 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Senior Member
 
adrian s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Everything dialed in pretty nicely. Greyscale and gamma are on a rope. Color great as to be expected. The black levels are less than outstanding (not much change i can see from the d model) but however they are very stable. No gamma shift at all as far as i can tell. I also cant see any rise with CS engaged, much better in that regard as well. One thing that concerns me is that it calibrated to 36fl. were as my d8000 was somewhere around 40fl.

consider the source
adrian s is offline  
post #133 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tempest261's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 959
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post

One thing that concerns me is that it calibrated to 36fl. were as my d8000 was somewhere around 40fl.

Yikes. I was afraid of that.

Calibration Equipment:
Meters: X-rite i1 Pro 2, X-rite i1 Display Pro
Software: Spectracal Calman DIY, ControlCAL
Tempest261 is offline  
post #134 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tonyjd40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: summit hill, pa
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What meter were you using ? I thought I saw some better readings than this. Is this really a bad level, I mean is it distinguishable by eye vs the 50gt50 level ?

tonyjd40
you can dream of where you will be ten years from now,or
you can work hard today to actually get there
tonyjd40 is offline  
post #135 of 4461 Old 03-23-2012, 10:33 PM
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 16,231
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4802
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermonkey24 View Post

That's good you won't be disappointed with you new e8000...I have been watching mine for the las few hours and it is amazing...even my directv channels that looked horrible with past tvs look great...for picture settings I went to the the picture settings thread for the d8000 from last year to start with...so far very happy!

Not me, I'm happy not to spend the money since I have a 59D8000 now...
lovinthehd is offline  
post #136 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 05:43 AM
Senior Member
 
adrian s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post

What meter were you using ? I thought I saw some better readings than this. Is this really a bad level, I mean is it distinguishable by eye vs the 50gt50 level ?

I used an i1pro. Before there's a freak out understand that I AM NOT A PRO, just a DIY enthusiast. That was just a quick run through based on the same methods i used to calibrate the d8000. Over the next few weeks i will be running through this several times, hopefully based on some tips and info from the pro's.

consider the source
adrian s is offline  
post #137 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Member
 
rootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post


I used an i1pro. Before there's a freak out understand that I AM NOT A PRO, just a DIY enthusiast. That was just a quick run through based on the same methods i used to calibrate the d8000. Over the next few weeks i will be running through this several times, hopefully based on some tips and info from the pro's.

Adrian, would you be willing to post your settings? My e8000 looks good in relax with just a few minor adjustments, but I'm certain it will look even better. And can you tell me if you're able to hear any hum/buzz when the set is on and room is quiet? Thanks in advance.
rootie is offline  
post #138 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Senior Member
 
adrian s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootie View Post


Adrian, would you be willing to post your settings? My e8000 looks good in relax with just a few minor adjustments, but I'm certain it will look even better. And can you tell me if you're able to hear any hum/buzz when the set is on and room is quiet? Thanks in advance.

The buzz is still there. No improvement from last year as far as that goes. I don't mind posting my settings but I doubt the effectiveness of translation.

consider the source
adrian s is offline  
post #139 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Member
 
rootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post


The buzz is still there. No improvement from last year as far as that goes. I don't mind posting my settings but I doubt the effectiveness of translation.

Got it. Just read your first post again - hope the e6500 treats you well!
rootie is offline  
post #140 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tonyjd40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: summit hill, pa
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post

I used an i1pro. Before there's a freak out understand that I AM NOT A PRO, just a DIY enthusiast. That was just a quick run through based on the same methods i used to calibrate the d8000. Over the next few weeks i will be running through this several times, hopefully based on some tips and info from the pro's.

I understand , but I would imagine you know what you are doing all the same. I do not doubt your readings, just wanted you to recheck. In your opinion would you say a difference of 0.003 and 0.006 is huge , moderate or slight. And can anyone really tell a difference (by eye) in these to readings ?


god bless

tonyjd40
you can dream of where you will be ten years from now,or
you can work hard today to actually get there
tonyjd40 is offline  
post #141 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Stop making curved screens
Posts: 32,171
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1899 Post(s)
Liked: 2198
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post

I understand , but I would imagine you know what you are doing all the same. I do not doubt your readings, just wanted you to recheck. In your opinion would you say a difference of 0.003 and 0.006 is huge , moderate or slight. And can anyone really tell a difference (by eye) in these to readings ?

I'd say yes some people can tell that difference by eye. But I doubt everyone could or would.

There's a saying about "everything in moderation". If only it was applied to well, you know...
rogo is offline  
post #142 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Senior Member
 
adrian s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post


I understand , but I would imagine you know what you are doing all the same. I do not doubt your readings, just wanted you to recheck. In your opinion would you say a difference of 0.003 and 0.006 is huge , moderate or slight. And can anyone really tell a difference (by eye) in these to readings ?

god bless

As far as I'm concerned, yes.

consider the source
adrian s is offline  
post #143 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Member
 
david1923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To all the tv gurus who have knowledge with plasma. As I have stated before I own the 64e8000 plasma. I am noticing when I turn tv off every once in a while getting like a clicking/tappin sound for a little bit. Also a cracklin sound that a friend of mine says its the expanding of the plastic bezel or backing due to heat. But that I could see but this clicking sound I don't understand. It's very faint and comes from the top left corner of tv. Does not effect picture or sound but can be annoying. Even if tv is off and you are walking around family room once in a while CLICK!! Weird. What could this be? Thanks. Love the input from someone knowledgable!!
david1923 is offline  
post #144 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Member
 
david1923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also e8000 does not have a new stand it is the chrome stand same on the d8000
david1923 is offline  
post #145 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Citivas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post

I understand , but I would imagine you know what you are doing all the same. I do not doubt your readings, just wanted you to recheck. In your opinion would you say a difference of 0.003 and 0.006 is huge , moderate or slight. And can anyone really tell a difference (by eye) in these to readings ?


god bless

You're asking that question in the wrong place. This forum is not even close to a typical sampling of people. The typical viewer would not really notice the difference unless you focused them on it and tried to draw their attention to it. Then some would, some would not. I have a set that is .003 and another that is 0.021 (7x worse) and even with me trying to focus my wife on it in a totally black room for 10 minutes she still shrugged and couldn't tell the difference. I could. But honestly neither set bothers me.

And then there are those here who are compulsive and sensitive to it for whom it makes a huge difference, and those who might have lived normal lives until someone focused them on it and then are ruined for anything other than the best blacks after that...
Citivas is offline  
post #146 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Senior Member
 
vincevega44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post

The buzz is still there. No improvement from last year as far as that goes. I don't mind posting my settings but I doubt the effectiveness of translation.

That sucks about the buzzing, Also do you think the e6500 has deeper blacks than the d8000?
vincevega44 is offline  
post #147 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Member
 
david1923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hate when people on forums say things about tvs when they either only seen them in a store or by reading articles. I own both the pn59d8000 and the es8000. Both tvs are exactly the same. The only difference is the processor in the e8000 and the hi def smart hub looks and surfs better. These people talking about taking out testing machines a level numbers all a bunch of crap. Its a television. Side by side blacks are exactly the same. When they advertise the television before selling it, they say black levels are ten times better due to the new black filter. ****, it's the same filter since 2009 Samsung plasmas. The only thing that Samsung concentrated on this year was the smart acting of the tv. They put all there effort into that especially because what's ahead for apple. Again I have both sets, anyone welcome to come over and see them. Exactly!! Exactly!! Exactly!! the same in picture and in sound. As a matter of fact. I told my wife, honey I put the old tv upstairs in the game room and new tv in the family room. Actually it was reverse!! She says the new tv is great. I said well that's the old tv. Again I am repeating myself but I think people need to know the truth and not statements made by trolls and ****n tv geeks. Save your money get the 2011 plasmas unless you are really into Internet tv and Samsung apps. If so the tv is great for that. Either way the pictures on both sets are awesome. Sorry for such a long writing. If you want the truth and have any questions just ask me and I will tell. If you want settings or pictures ask me I'll send. Otherwise take my word both plasmas are great but no difference in picture quality. The same. The same all you trolls trying to scare people before they purchase a tv!!!
david1923 is offline  
post #148 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Senior Member
 
adrian s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 68
"Tv geeks" how dare you. Why would there be any tv geeks on an A/V science forum?!

consider the source
adrian s is offline  
post #149 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tonyjd40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: summit hill, pa
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, I own the PN51D8000 and the PN560E8000 and I can easily see a great bit of diffrerence. The black level is better - colors are about the same, web browsing is dramatically faster. I am also considering the PN64E8000 or 65ST50, just not sure yet. Your opinion is welcome , but it is only your opinion. I would love to have a pro calibrated e8000 to compare to the calibrated d8000 - soon I know robert will have the shoot out and we will have the calibration reportd on the pn64e8000 to match to the d8000 . I much prefer the
E8000 to the D8000, I think the pq is better.

god bless

tonyjd40
you can dream of where you will be ten years from now,or
you can work hard today to actually get there
tonyjd40 is offline  
post #150 of 4461 Old 03-24-2012, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tonyjd40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: summit hill, pa
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post

"Tv geeks" how dare you. Why would there be any tv geeks on an A/V science forum?!

lmao---- so true !!!

tonyjd40
you can dream of where you will be ten years from now,or
you can work hard today to actually get there
tonyjd40 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn60e6500 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off