Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 578 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 332Likes

post #17311 of 17350 Old 07-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Cool HDMI Replacement - VT60

Has anyone replaced an HDMI port on the VT60? Is it a big deal? Expensive?

Thanks,
Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17312 of 17350 Old 07-06-2019, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Oakley View Post
Has anyone replaced an HDMI port on the VT60? Is it a big deal? Expensive?

Thanks,
Scott
For those interested, see: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Panason...lacement/74914
mbroadus, whipit and dfkimbro like this.

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
post #17313 of 17350 Old 07-08-2019, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Woah Scott Oakley you actually ended up doing it yourself ?? Just saw the link geeze the whole back needs to come off. Also how did it happen in the first place? Heavy HDMI cable ?

I just checked my VT60 Service Menu to see how many hours I've used it as I'm curious due to buying OLED, & it says 19936 hours!

It's still going strong, what's the lifespan on these ??

Ash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17314 of 17350 Old 07-08-2019, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by the$#!Za. View Post
I just checked my VT60 Service Menu to see how many hours I've used it as I'm curious due to buying OLED, & it says 19936 hours!

It's still going strong, what's the lifespan on these ??

Ash.
I think the VT60s are rated for a 100,000 hour lifespan. That’s the point where the panel will have lost half its brightness.

Well, Duncan, he's just this guy, you know?
post #17315 of 17350 Old 07-10-2019, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
I think the VT60s are rated for a 100,000 hour lifespan. That’s the point where the panel will have lost half its brightness.

Oh ok so I'm not doing too bad then, nice. Just sounds like so much.
post #17316 of 17350 Old 07-24-2019, 06:07 AM
Advanced Member

Cool Update Pandora on TC-P55VT60

Does anyone know if there's a way to update the apps on a TC-P55VT60? I'm principally interested in Pandora but I'd also like to check the others. I've checked the one place on the Home Screen Menu thing that includes lock apps, install apps, etc but I dont see a way to update.

Thanks,
Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
post #17317 of 17350 Old 07-24-2019, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

I think a firmware update is the only way Panasonic pushed new apps or updates, unless it shows up as one you can install.

post #17318 of 17350 Old 07-24-2019, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Does anyone know if there's a way to update the apps on a TC-P55VT60? I'm principally interested in Pandora but I'd also like to check the others. I've checked the one place on the Home Screen Menu thing that includes lock apps, install apps, etc but I dont see a way to update.

Thanks,
Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkimbro View Post
I think a firmware update is the only way Panasonic pushed new apps or updates, unless it shows up as one you can install.
EDIT: I spoke too soon. Pandora is available for download.

Go to Apps, Smart Viera Market, Music. Choose Pandora, and click Free. It should install and be available. It may show up on the second page of apps.

Last edited by dfkimbro; 07-24-2019 at 08:37 PM.
post #17319 of 17350 Old 07-24-2019, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkimbro View Post
Smart Vienna Market, Music.
The joys of autocorrect! LOL.
post #17320 of 17350 Old 07-24-2019, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
The joys of autocorrect! LOL.
Dammit Beavis!

Fixed that.

post #17321 of 17350 Old 08-05-2019, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I hope someone can help me. I currently use an antenna in my attic to pick up free OTA channels on my VT60. Recently, many of these channels required a re-scan. It successfully completes the scan, but some of the channels are still black. After the scan, if I select "edit" I can scroll down and view these channels. However, the TV keeps reverting to the old signal when I'm out of the menu, even though the labels are correct.

I can't find any way to delete the old channels and start from scratch. Someone suggested unplugging the coaxial from the back and doing a re-scan, which I did, but that didn't solve the problem. Under "edit," the only options I'm aware of are to rename the channel or select yes or no if you want these channels displayed when using the up/down channel button on the remote.

I removed the names, selected no, then re-scanned. This didn't solve the problem, but now I have duplicate channels in there with no way of removing them. I'm afraid to do a reset, because I'll lose my professional calibration settings. I called Panasonic, but they no longer offer phone support for their televisions. If someone can come up with a solution, I'd really appreciate it.
post #17322 of 17350 Old 08-07-2019, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPowers View Post
I hope someone can help me. I currently use an antenna in my attic to pick up free OTA channels on my VT60. Recently, many of these channels required a re-scan. It successfully completes the scan, but some of the channels are still black. After the scan, if I select "edit" I can scroll down and view these channels. However, the TV keeps reverting to the old signal when I'm out of the menu, even though the labels are correct.

I can't find any way to delete the old channels and start from scratch. Someone suggested unplugging the coaxial from the back and doing a re-scan, which I did, but that didn't solve the problem. Under "edit," the only options I'm aware of are to rename the channel or select yes or no if you want these channels displayed when using the up/down channel button on the remote.

I removed the names, selected no, then re-scanned. This didn't solve the problem, but now I have duplicate channels in there with no way of removing them. I'm afraid to do a reset, because I'll lose my professional calibration settings. I called Panasonic, but they no longer offer phone support for their televisions. If someone can come up with a solution, I'd really appreciate it.
I dont know the specific answer to your issue but I can tell you that if worse comes to worse and you do have to re-enter your calibration settings, its really not that bad. I simply took a picture of each menu screen, in order and then referred to the pictures to type in the values when the system re-started. Its honestly not that bad...

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
post #17323 of 17350 Old 08-08-2019, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
I dont know the specific answer to your issue but I can tell you that if worse comes to worse and you do have to re-enter your calibration settings, its really not that bad. I simply took a picture of each menu screen, in order and then referred to the pictures to type in the values when the system re-started. Its honestly not that bad...

Thank you, that's a great suggestion. What I was able to do temporarily is figure out which duplicate channels were bad, then select no in the manual programming menu. It doesn't remove them from the list, but at least it's ignoring the bad channels now.
post #17324 of 17350 Old 08-09-2019, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 24
My 65" VT60 is still chugging along, but man is this auto shut off thing still annoying me. I first noticed it with the Nintendo Switch, but I believe it has also happened with the PS4. The TV will turn off give or take every 15 minutes of playing. It never happens with my Nvidia Shield watching shows and movies, so I'm wondering if whatever the problem is only occurs with a 60hz signal.
post #17325 of 17350 Old 08-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojita View Post
My 65" VT60 is still chugging along, but man is this auto shut off thing still annoying me. I first noticed it with the Nintendo Switch, but I believe it has also happened with the PS4. The TV will turn off give or take every 15 minutes of playing. It never happens with my Nvidia Shield watching shows and movies, so I'm wondering if whatever the problem is only occurs with a 60hz signal.

Man that sucks to hear and I hope it stops giving you issues. I’ve got picture quality issues with my VT60 but since it still turns on just fine I’m going to hold on until it gives up the ghost. I will say if you decide to get a new tv the ones that are out now are excellent and worthy successors to your plasma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
PSN: PikturePerfekt07
post #17326 of 17350 Old 09-21-2019, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question VT60-Won’t Turn-On- 3 BLINKS

Hello, I have a TC-P65VT60 that won’t turn on anymore. The red power indicator light blinks 3 times. This takes place as soon as I plug in the TV. I hear a few clicks and immediately get the 3 blinks.

I am hoping someone can tell me what the 3 blink code means and what part or board I need to replace (or repair).
I have googled this but find conflicting information and am looking for any suggestions. This is an awesome TV and I don’t want to throw it out.

Thank in advance !
post #17327 of 17350 Old 09-21-2019, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello, I have a TC-P65VT60 that won’t turn on anymore. The red power indicator light blinks 3 times. This takes place as soon as I plug in the TV. I hear a few clicks and immediately get the 3 blinks.

I am hoping someone can tell me what the 3 blink code means and what part or board I need to replace (or repair).
I have googled this but find conflicting information and am looking for any suggestions. This is an awesome TV and I don’t want to throw it out.

Thank in advance !
Sounds like the power board.

My set up: Samsung UN82nu8000 LED TV, Marantz SR7012, Emotiva XPA3, Sony UBP-X800
Roku 4k Premier, Panamax MR4000, 2 Marantz MA-500U, Klipsch KLF10 (L/R),
RC62II (center), R-1650-W (surrounds), RB81II (Rear Surrounds),
Monoprice 6.5" in ceiling speaker (top front/rear), Two Klipsch R-10SW subwoofer
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1227096
post #17328 of 17350 Old 09-21-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post
This is what I was thinking as well. Would the lights still blink 3 times if the power board is bad? Thanks
post #17329 of 17350 Old 09-26-2019, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just picked up a used P60vt60 with October 2013 manufacture date to replace my older Samsung hpt4254x/xaa. My wife thinks its waay too big, mostly because its slightly wider than our media console (54.5 console vs 56 inch TV). I convinced her to give it a couple months to see how it goes. The guy I got it from seemed to be pretty serious about his TVs. He upgraded from the plasma to a 92" projector and now to a 75" Vizio LCD. So the vt60 only has 2,550 hours on it (per My Menu > Help > Version > Status 4). Is there any chance this number is incorrect (like can it be reset), as it seems really low? I didn't push the issue, just mentioned to him that those were pretty low hours for a 6-year old TV. And I didn't want to go into the service menu to check hours in case I screwed something up. The set came with two pair of brand new never opened 3D glasses (pull tabs still on battery at nose piece and plastic covering both sides of lenses). One downside I noticed was that I went to the Amazon Prime Video app in the TV last night (Sept 25th) to start it and it said that it would not longer be supported starting September 26, 2019. Not too big of a deal considering all that and more is accessible through our Apple TV.

Anyway, looking forward to reading through the threads and finding preferred custom picture settings for this thing. Definitely an upgrade to the 12-year old Sammy.
post #17330 of 17350 Old 09-26-2019, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakbala View Post
I just picked up a used P60vt60 with October 2013 manufacture date to replace my older Samsung hpt4254x/xaa. My wife thinks its waay too big, mostly because its slightly wider than our media console (54.5 console vs 56 inch TV). I convinced her to give it a couple months to see how it goes. The guy I got it from seemed to be pretty serious about his TVs. He upgraded from the plasma to a 92" projector and now to a 75" Vizio LCD. So the vt60 only has 2,550 hours on it (per My Menu > Help > Version > Status 4). Is there any chance this number is incorrect (like can it be reset), as it seems really low? I didn't push the issue, just mentioned to him that those were pretty low hours for a 6-year old TV. And I didn't want to go into the service menu to check hours in case I screwed something up. The set came with two pair of brand new never opened 3D glasses (pull tabs still on battery at nose piece and plastic covering both sides of lenses). One downside I noticed was that I went to the Amazon Prime Video app in the TV last night (Sept 25th) to start it and it said that it would not longer be supported starting September 26, 2019. Not too big of a deal considering all that and more is accessible through our Apple TV.

Anyway, looking forward to reading through the threads and finding preferred custom picture settings for this thing. Definitely an upgrade to the 12-year old Sammy.
I have a similarly aged VT55 with approx. 5600 hours on it (I was surprised to see it was that much). Reading thru your post I'd say you got a good one so enjoy it and dont sweat the small stuff. These sets are sorta iconic like the Kuro and after living with mine and going thru all the adjustments, I FINALLY have what I feel looks great (thanks to another fellow AVS member). So for me, that was the biggest challenge: getting the thing fine-tuned to my satisfaction. Other than that, its been terrific. I think in a couple of months, that two inches wider than the credenza will become insignificant.

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
post #17331 of 17350 Old 09-26-2019, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I have a similarly aged VT55 with approx. 5600 hours on it (I was surprised to see it was that much). Reading thru your post I'd say you got a good one so enjoy it and dont sweat the small stuff. These sets are sorta iconic like the Kuro and after living with mine and going thru all the adjustments, I FINALLY have what I feel looks great (thanks to another fellow AVS member). So for me, that was the biggest challenge: getting the thing fine-tuned to my satisfaction. Other than that, its been terrific. I think in a couple of months, that two inches wider than the credenza will become insignificant.
I'm going to search the threads for custom settings, or if others want to help point me to some good ones that would be much appreciated. Looking to adjust settings through the Menu, don't want to get into professional calibration or anything...yet.
post #17332 of 17350 Old 09-27-2019, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Red face

Quote:
I'm going to search the threads for custom settings, or if others want to help point me to some good ones that would be much appreciated. Looking to adjust settings through the Menu, don't want to get into professional calibration or anything...yet.
Here are snap shots of each menu on the Panasonic that show my settings. The big improvement was in the Gamma settings. I still dont understand fully what they are but they transformed the picture from what it was...hope they help...Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
post #17333 of 17350 Old 09-27-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post
Just to follow-up and share what I have learned. It turned out that it was NOT the power board. The faulty board was the SC Board. It had to be send off to be repaired as parts are really hard to come by for these units. I will have the repaired SC Board installed next week. Thanks.
post #17334 of 17350 Old 09-28-2019, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

In case you hadn’t already found this thread yet https://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-p...es-thread.html

For my viewing (without a professional calibration), the built in THX Bright Room setting works well.

post #17335 of 17350 Old 10-01-2019, 12:08 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Is screen burn normal for a 65VT60A? Mine has less than 5000 hours on the panel with no permanent burn, but every time I put a Bluray on, the writing from the menu screen on my Bluray player be can visible for around 5 minutes until it fades away. The Bluray player will be on the menu screen for no more than 30 seconds...
post #17336 of 17350 Old 10-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by antikk View Post
Is screen burn normal for a 65VT60A? Mine has less than 5000 hours on the panel with no permanent burn, but every time I put a Bluray on, the writing from the menu screen on my Bluray player be can visible for around 5 minutes until it fades away. The Bluray player will be on the menu screen for no more than 30 seconds...
Based upon my experience, I would say it's absolutely possible to develop burn-in on these sets, so make sure to manage it.

My two VT60's are IR(Image Retention) magnets. My 55" was a demo at a friends electronics store. I bought it on impulse when I found out that Panasonic had discontinued plasma production. It had relatively low hours, but many more than advertised. Unbeknownst to me at the time of purchase, it had some IR in the lower right hand corner from what appears to be the NBC Golf Channel logo. It's gotten better, but isn't completely gone and I'm not sure it's ever going to completely disappear. I bought a zero hour, previously owned 65" a couple of months after I got the 55", so I don't watch the 55" very often. Pretty much all I do with the 55" is run the screen wiper, slides etc. in hopes of eliminating that IR.

Front L&R - Polk LSiM703
Center - Polk LSiM706c
Surround L&R - Polk LSiM703
Subs - Two Rythmik F18-SEs
AVRs - Denon AVR-X6200W, Yamaha RX-A3040 : Amp - Yamaha M-80
post #17337 of 17350 Old 10-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
IR. Normal for these plasma tvs. My ZT is the most IR plasma TV I've owned. Took a year to get rid of IR from a channel logo when I use to watch the Today Show every morning for a couple years straight. Finally got rid of it by watching other stations.
post #17338 of 17350 Old 10-01-2019, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
Based upon my experience, I would say it's absolutely possible to develop burn-in on these sets, so make sure to manage it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
IR. Normal for these plasma tvs.

I understand that IR can happen when an image is displayed for a prolonged period, however my menu's are only displayed for a very short period and still there are images retained. As I said, they always fade away after some time, but I'm just wondering if anyone else experiences what I do with DVD/Bluray menu's

Last edited by antikk; 10-01-2019 at 11:07 PM.
post #17339 of 17350 Old 10-02-2019, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
I understand that IR can happen when an image is displayed for a prolonged period, however my menu's are only displayed for a very short period and still there are images retained. As I said, they always fade away after some time, but I'm just wondering if anyone else experiences what I do with DVD/Bluray menu's
I experience the same on both of my sets. I would say it's "normal" for these sets.

Front L&R - Polk LSiM703
Center - Polk LSiM706c
Surround L&R - Polk LSiM703
Subs - Two Rythmik F18-SEs
AVRs - Denon AVR-X6200W, Yamaha RX-A3040 : Amp - Yamaha M-80
post #17340 of 17350 Old 10-02-2019, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I understand that IR can happen when an image is displayed for a prolonged period, however my menu's are only displayed for a very short period and still there are images retained.
That's the norm for this series of Panasonic Plasma TV. Hard to see except when a solid background displayed. They go away fairly quickly.
ddcook10 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page