Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 578 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 329Likes

post #17311 of 17325 Old 07-05-2019, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Cool HDMI Replacement - VT60

Has anyone replaced an HDMI port on the VT60? Is it a big deal? Expensive?

Thanks,
Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17312 of 17325 Old 07-06-2019, 05:01 AM
Advanced Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Oakley View Post
Has anyone replaced an HDMI port on the VT60? Is it a big deal? Expensive?

Thanks,
Scott
For those interested, see: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Panason...lacement/74914
mbroadus, whipit and dfkimbro like this.

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
post #17313 of 17325 Old 07-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Woah Scott Oakley you actually ended up doing it yourself ?? Just saw the link geeze the whole back needs to come off. Also how did it happen in the first place? Heavy HDMI cable ?

I just checked my VT60 Service Menu to see how many hours I've used it as I'm curious due to buying OLED, & it says 19936 hours!

It's still going strong, what's the lifespan on these ??

Ash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17314 of 17325 Old 07-08-2019, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by the$#!Za. View Post
I just checked my VT60 Service Menu to see how many hours I've used it as I'm curious due to buying OLED, & it says 19936 hours!

It's still going strong, what's the lifespan on these ??

Ash.
I think the VT60s are rated for a 100,000 hour lifespan. That’s the point where the panel will have lost half its brightness.

Well, Duncan, he's just this guy, you know?
post #17315 of 17325 Old 07-10-2019, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
I think the VT60s are rated for a 100,000 hour lifespan. That’s the point where the panel will have lost half its brightness.

Oh ok so I'm not doing too bad then, nice. Just sounds like so much.
post #17316 of 17325 Old 07-24-2019, 05:07 AM
Advanced Member

Cool Update Pandora on TC-P55VT60

Does anyone know if there's a way to update the apps on a TC-P55VT60? I'm principally interested in Pandora but I'd also like to check the others. I've checked the one place on the Home Screen Menu thing that includes lock apps, install apps, etc but I dont see a way to update.

Thanks,
Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
post #17317 of 17325 Old 07-24-2019, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member

I think a firmware update is the only way Panasonic pushed new apps or updates, unless it shows up as one you can install.

post #17318 of 17325 Old 07-24-2019, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Does anyone know if there's a way to update the apps on a TC-P55VT60? I'm principally interested in Pandora but I'd also like to check the others. I've checked the one place on the Home Screen Menu thing that includes lock apps, install apps, etc but I dont see a way to update.

Thanks,
Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkimbro View Post
I think a firmware update is the only way Panasonic pushed new apps or updates, unless it shows up as one you can install.
EDIT: I spoke too soon. Pandora is available for download.

Go to Apps, Smart Viera Market, Music. Choose Pandora, and click Free. It should install and be available. It may show up on the second page of apps.

Last edited by dfkimbro; 07-24-2019 at 07:37 PM.
post #17319 of 17325 Old 07-24-2019, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkimbro View Post
Smart Vienna Market, Music.
The joys of autocorrect! LOL.
post #17320 of 17325 Old 07-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
The joys of autocorrect! LOL.
Dammit Beavis!

Fixed that.

post #17321 of 17325 Old 08-05-2019, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I hope someone can help me. I currently use an antenna in my attic to pick up free OTA channels on my VT60. Recently, many of these channels required a re-scan. It successfully completes the scan, but some of the channels are still black. After the scan, if I select "edit" I can scroll down and view these channels. However, the TV keeps reverting to the old signal when I'm out of the menu, even though the labels are correct.

I can't find any way to delete the old channels and start from scratch. Someone suggested unplugging the coaxial from the back and doing a re-scan, which I did, but that didn't solve the problem. Under "edit," the only options I'm aware of are to rename the channel or select yes or no if you want these channels displayed when using the up/down channel button on the remote.

I removed the names, selected no, then re-scanned. This didn't solve the problem, but now I have duplicate channels in there with no way of removing them. I'm afraid to do a reset, because I'll lose my professional calibration settings. I called Panasonic, but they no longer offer phone support for their televisions. If someone can come up with a solution, I'd really appreciate it.
post #17322 of 17325 Old 08-07-2019, 05:05 AM
Advanced Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPowers View Post
I hope someone can help me. I currently use an antenna in my attic to pick up free OTA channels on my VT60. Recently, many of these channels required a re-scan. It successfully completes the scan, but some of the channels are still black. After the scan, if I select "edit" I can scroll down and view these channels. However, the TV keeps reverting to the old signal when I'm out of the menu, even though the labels are correct.

I can't find any way to delete the old channels and start from scratch. Someone suggested unplugging the coaxial from the back and doing a re-scan, which I did, but that didn't solve the problem. Under "edit," the only options I'm aware of are to rename the channel or select yes or no if you want these channels displayed when using the up/down channel button on the remote.

I removed the names, selected no, then re-scanned. This didn't solve the problem, but now I have duplicate channels in there with no way of removing them. I'm afraid to do a reset, because I'll lose my professional calibration settings. I called Panasonic, but they no longer offer phone support for their televisions. If someone can come up with a solution, I'd really appreciate it.
I dont know the specific answer to your issue but I can tell you that if worse comes to worse and you do have to re-enter your calibration settings, its really not that bad. I simply took a picture of each menu screen, in order and then referred to the pictures to type in the values when the system re-started. Its honestly not that bad...

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
post #17323 of 17325 Old 08-08-2019, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
I dont know the specific answer to your issue but I can tell you that if worse comes to worse and you do have to re-enter your calibration settings, its really not that bad. I simply took a picture of each menu screen, in order and then referred to the pictures to type in the values when the system re-started. Its honestly not that bad...

Thank you, that's a great suggestion. What I was able to do temporarily is figure out which duplicate channels were bad, then select no in the manual programming menu. It doesn't remove them from the list, but at least it's ignoring the bad channels now.
post #17324 of 17325 Old 08-09-2019, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 20
My 65" VT60 is still chugging along, but man is this auto shut off thing still annoying me. I first noticed it with the Nintendo Switch, but I believe it has also happened with the PS4. The TV will turn off give or take every 15 minutes of playing. It never happens with my Nvidia Shield watching shows and movies, so I'm wondering if whatever the problem is only occurs with a 60hz signal.
post #17325 of 17325 Old 08-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojita View Post
My 65" VT60 is still chugging along, but man is this auto shut off thing still annoying me. I first noticed it with the Nintendo Switch, but I believe it has also happened with the PS4. The TV will turn off give or take every 15 minutes of playing. It never happens with my Nvidia Shield watching shows and movies, so I'm wondering if whatever the problem is only occurs with a 60hz signal.

Man that sucks to hear and I hope it stops giving you issues. I’ve got picture quality issues with my VT60 but since it still turns on just fine I’m going to hold on until it gives up the ghost. I will say if you decide to get a new tv the ones that are out now are excellent and worthy successors to your plasma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
PSN: PikturePerfekt07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page