PN58C8000 Pink Banding - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #271 of 287 Old 01-09-2018, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhachey View Post
"We are still missing the [2D63]LOGIC.BIN file..." Sigh...
You could try the 3D one, though. Some have had success, others have failed, but fixing the failure can be as simple as changing the logic board (which was $5 in one person's experience). But for you, the voltage adjustment is working, so I understand the hesitation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 287 Old 01-24-2018, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Any chance someone has the file for the 63”? I have a 63C8000 which has the pink banding. Would like to get another year or two out of this set...
post #273 of 287 Old 02-08-2019, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by antikk View Post
Do any of you suffer from this problem? It's more of a pink haze rather than banding on white backgrounds

yep... i have the same 'haze' ... but then again i've had this pink banding for years... and i mean years. like 8-9 years. i just don't watch tv in that room too often and only during this past superbowl did i really get annoyed (or embarrassed) by it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 287 Old 02-08-2019, 08:51 PM

the 3D58 LOGIC upgrade worked on my PNC58000YFXZA but that 'haze' is there... attached are before and after during the hockey game:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	782.7 KB
ID:	2522508   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	730.9 KB
ID:	2522510  

Last edited by redclawkefar; 02-09-2019 at 09:16 AM.
post #275 of 287 Old 02-08-2019, 08:53 PM

also, i've got a slew of photos of menus if people still read this post
xraytim likes this.
post #276 of 287 Old 02-08-2019, 09:04 PM

ok, so follow the PDF thats in this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwjd View Post
The files AND instructions can be found in the .zip file attached to this post:

Some steps not mentioned in the TSB:
- Before Step 5., to access the full factory menu, you need to have the Hotel Mode on.
- Also before Step 5., you'll need to "clone TV to USB" to get the option for updating the logic file in a different menu in the factory menu. I think this option is in the same directory/menu as the option for Hotel Mode.

And I found that, if you don't have a Centrum ad like the Samsung people did in the left image on the TSB, you can get the full white screen (as in the right image in the TSB) by cycling through test patterns available in the Factory Menu (I can't recall the exact path, though).

Hope that helps.
and before step 5 it'll help to do:

Turn the Hotel Mode on : (Mute+1+1+9+Power)
Have TV on
goto TV input
enter above code
Then you'll need to "clone TV to USB" to get the option for updating the logic file in a different menu in the factory menu; option is in the same directory/menu as the option for Hotel Mode.

Factory Service Menu (Mute+1+8+2+Power),
Go to Factory Menu --> Control --> PDP Options --> Logic USB D/L.

EDIT:
OK, So 1 thing that came up while I was working through this is that the PDP Option did not show up right away.
For me, I did the following using my Logitech Harmony 1000 remote:
  1. put FAT32 USB stick in USB-1
  2. went turned hotel mode with tv on and on antenna input (Mute+1+1+9+Power)
  3. did clone to USB (says it worked)
  4. went into factory mode with tv off and (Mute+1+8+2+Power)
  5. didn't see any PDP Option
  6. went back into Hotel options -> did clone-to-usb again
  7. THEN PDP Option was there
  8. then did LOGIC USB D/L
If you read the entire post you'll get the same info, this just worked for me.

Also, I didn't see many Menu photos so i took a few while doing mine... hope this helps someone else too:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1 hotel mode off.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2522574   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 hotel mode on - clone-to-usb.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	2522576   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 post clone.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	2522578   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 hotel wPDP option showing.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	2522580   Click image for larger version

Name:	5 PDP option.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	2522582  

Name:	6 PDP DL.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	2522584  

Last edited by redclawkefar; 02-09-2019 at 09:15 AM.
post #277 of 287 Old 03-05-2019, 12:17 AM

Liked: 10
Smile Update for PS63C7000

After an 11 year posting hiatus I'm back with many thanks and thought I would share my method to updating the Logic firmware on my (Australian) PS63C7000 with firmware v3018.1 display to resolve/mitigate the pink banding, strange display in white/offwhite images. Instead of opening the TV up to perform the Vs pot adjustment I attempting to use the firmware upgrade method.

All other methods using the Hotel mode, pressing the Factory button, Copying TV to USB resulted in the option to 'Logic USB D/L' missing so eventually worked out this works! TV still strong after almost 10 years

I used a Logitech Harmony remote to get access to the 'FACTORY' and '3SPEED' buttons as the extended menu would not work no matter what method I attempted of the other instructions (Hotel mode method did not work)
The Logitech Harmony TV profile which includes the commands for 'FACTORY' and '3SPEED' is model # UE55JS9000T
Use the Logitech software to assign those 3 commands to keys on your remote (or just scroll to them if you have a remote with a display on it)

The firmware files I used is [3D63]LOGIC.bin which notes use with PN63C7000 - but it worked just fine for my model just the same
Please see the attached ZIP folder which contains 3 firmwares (2D58, 3D58, 3D63), the original URL sources and the instructions (thanks to another user on the forum)
Follow the PDF instructions to add these to the USB drive as instructed in the document, and plug the USB into the port on the side of the TV (I used USB HDD port) and a 4GB Sandisk USB 2 flash drive

Step 1: Turn off TV
Step 2: Enter service mode by pressing INFO > MENU > MUTE > Power buttons in that sequence - the TV will turn on and the standard Service menu will display
Step 3: Press the 'FACTORY' button on the Logitech Harmony Remote. The display will turn white
Step 4: Press the '3SPEED' button on the Logitech Harmony Remote. The extended service menu is then shown as an 'Advanced' option.
Step 5: Go to the 'Advanced' menu, go to 'Logic USB D/L' and press the > (right) button until it shows 'Upgrading'
Step 6: Wait a couple of minutes and the TV will restart. The upgrade is now complete.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ASC20130528001.zip (798.3 KB, 46 views)
post #278 of 287 Old 05-31-2019, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Instructions?

I see a lot of talk about a simple vs adjustment but no actual instructions on how to do that. Any info would be helpful.
post #279 of 287 Old 06-01-2019, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by chambcm View Post
I see a lot of talk about a simple vs adjustment but no actual instructions on how to do that. Any info would be helpful.
Take the back off and turn the vs until improvement is seen. Not the best fix though. Need to apply the patch.
post #280 of 287 Old 06-22-2019, 07:24 PM

Liked: 10
This fix worked for me! Thanks to all who gave the step-by-step details!

I have a PN58C550...had already tried the voltage change a while back, but the banding returned over the years.

Out of all the steps...mine were pretty much the same as redclawkefar had posted:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-p...l#post57573636

I had trouble finding the PDP Option after doing the Clone-To-USB step. I think the issue was that I was turning the TV back off after that step...and then when I turned it on using the service code for Service menu, I wouldn't see the PDP Option (or anything relevant in "svc" menu).

What finally worked for me was going into the Service menu, then navigating to Hotel Options, doing the Clone-To-USB step...and then using Return button on remote to go back up to the main Service menu...WITHOUT first turning off the set. Doing this, I was able to see the PDP Option menu.

I used the [2D58]LOGIC.bin file. Here's that link again:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-p...bin-files.html

Btw, this is a TV I had received from Samsung in exchange for a plasma I had bought a year or two earlier that had the infamous "buzz". Fun times with Samsung televisions...

Thank you again to all (redclawkefar, xlr8or, rwjd, nicksan) who posted their steps and experiences here. There's no way I would have ever found this fix and dared to try it without the help. I think it's time to buy a new game or two to celebrate!
post #281 of 287 Old 06-28-2019, 12:17 PM

I resurrected my old account that has been inactive for several years to say THANK YOU!

Y'all saved my inherited Samsung pn58c500 from the pink bands.

I used the 2D58 bin and saw some improvements but wasn't until I set the voltage that it all went away.

Thanks for all the help guys! Y'all are heroes in my book.
post #282 of 287 Old 06-28-2019, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I've done the firmware patch which fixed a majority of the problems, where a majority white screen would cause pink flashing in certain areas of the screen. But I still notice if my screen is mostly white (for example, a hockey rink or the Xbox 360 bootup) there are some very subtle pink bands where the white just looked a bit stained pink. Similar but way more subtle than antikk's picture a few pages back. Family didn't even notice until I pointed it out, so I'm not in a rush to fix it. I've been nervous to open up the TV to do the voltage adjustment. One of these days though it's gonna happen as the TV still produces a beautiful picture.
post #283 of 287 Old 07-03-2019, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzymate View Post
I've done the firmware patch which fixed a majority of the problems, where a majority white screen would cause pink flashing in certain areas of the screen. But I still notice if my screen is mostly white (for example, a hockey rink or the Xbox 360 bootup) there are some very subtle pink bands where the white just looked a bit stained pink. Similar but way more subtle than antikk's picture a few pages back. Family didn't even notice until I pointed it out, so I'm not in a rush to fix it. I've been nervous to open up the TV to do the voltage adjustment. One of these days though it's gonna happen as the TV still produces a beautiful picture.
Taking the back off is a little scary, because you need to have the power on while doing the adjustment, but it's not that hard. I had to go that route because nobody has posted the 2D63 file. It fixed the picture and we continue to get life out of the set all these years later.
post #284 of 287 Old 07-04-2019, 03:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 558 Post(s)
Liked: 317
It can be a too low set VSUS.. there should be a VSUS Dial on one of the mainbaords.. Increase it a bit until white is fully white again..

The picture is from a different tv, just an example..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20181006_154613.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	982.2 KB
ID:	2587396  

2013 Panasonic TX-P42STW60 PDP
2013 Panasonic TX-P42X60E PDP
post #285 of 287 Old 11-18-2019, 11:20 AM

Hello, I have a similar problem with Pink Banding but it is on a Samsung Led, I know that you are talking about plasma here but I have googled and I have not found another thread, if it does not apply here change it and I will continue in that place.

I've been with a Samsung MU6105 55 "for 14 months and in dark scenes and dark gray screens a pink vertical strip appears, after reading me the different types of solutions I have chosen to open it and look for the VSUS potentiometer, in my case I found one that was VR9 BOND, I have turned it clockwise to the maximum and minimum and it seems that there was a change, the maximum seems to have been diluted, although still there, loosening the screws does not work because it does not have the back panel Metallic and is not white spots "clouding" was willing to do the firmware, but there I dare not to be different technologies,
Are they the same steps for my model?
Has anyone else tried LED?
Is there any thread that already has the solution or do you know how we could solve it if it also happens to someone else?

post #286 of 287 Old 11-18-2019, 11:25 AM

Here I leave the photos of the motherboad
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	2642684   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	2642686   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	2642688   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	2642690  
post #287 of 287 Old 11-20-2019, 07:19 AM

Please can someone help me and tell me with some step-by-step instructions how to update the firmware that solves the pink bands, my model is the MU6105 55 ", I did the voltage thing, I think, and still seeing the pink bands, I have read all this thread and I don't take a few concrete steps to do it, please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page