Q - Let the TV upscale or use the AVR's upscaler for cable signals ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-07-2014, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a Viera VT60 Plasma.
My cable box (comcast) is connected to the AVR (a Marantz SR6007) via HDMI, which in turn connects to the Viera via HDMI.

I understand that the cable box puts out a 720p or 1080i signal.

Any thoughts/recommendations on whether I should have the AVR upscale it to the TV's resolution or have the TV do all the upscaling work ?

I guess the short answer is, I could experiment with both and pick whichever looks best. But wanted to get opinions/experience from the larger and more experienced group.

Thanks in advance !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-07-2014, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmasala View Post

I have a Viera VT60 Plasma.
My cable box (comcast) is connected to the AVR (a Marantz SR6007) via HDMI, which in turn connects to the Viera via HDMI.

I understand that the cable box puts out a 720p or 1080i signal.

Any thoughts/recommendations on whether I should have the AVR upscale it to the TV's resolution or have the TV do all the upscaling work ?

I guess the short answer is, I could experiment with both and pick whichever looks best. But wanted to get opinions/experience from the larger and more experienced group.

Thanks in advance !

Leave your cable box at 1080i and have your AVR upscale to 1080P, usually AVRs have better video processors. Some TV shows are broadcast at 1080i so it's a toss up. Set both and see what you like. Some boxes have native as an option so it automatically set it at 720 or 1080i then your AVR will scale it to 1080P. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Marantz Sr6007 Home Theater Av Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page