Samsung 2014 PN64H5000 thread - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 194Likes

post #841 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin2 View Post
I have read the H5000 and F5300 Cal-Day and Cal-Night profiles can be unhiden in the service menu but I don't have the step by step link handy.
Yeah, I'm almost sure I've read a review for the H5000 that confirmed this. I've enabled them on my F5300 through the service menu, and I'd expect this is likely done in the same fashion on the H5000. I can't recall the exact location of the toggle right now, but I obtained this knowledge from one of the various F5300 threads on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay6784 View Post
Yeah, I'm almost sure I've read a review for the H5000 that confirmed this. I've enabled them on my F5300 through the service menu, and I'd expect this is likely done in the same fashion on the H5000. I can't recall the exact location of the toggle right now, but I obtained this knowledge from one of the various F5300 threads on this forum.
Here's a link to the review I found it in. Under the calibration section the extra profiles were unlocked in the service menu so they would appear with the three normal profiles.

So they are there in the H5000. Unfortunately the review doesn't give a little tutorial but it shouldn't be that difficult unless settings get mucked up in the service menu.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/pn64h...1403143657.htm

---------------------------------------------------
2014 Samsung PN64H5000 Plasma Thread
2008 Samsung HLxxA650 DLP Thread/FAQ
Free Men Do Not Ask Permission to Bear Arms
post #843 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 6
First time poster here.

I read through this thread several times before ultimately deciding on the H5000. I REALLY wanted a F8500 but it appears I missed the boat on it, and I can't bring myself to spend twice what the H500 costs. I was really nervous about ordering this TV due to all the concern with glare and reflections, as the TV will ultimately be placed in a game room that will not be fully light controlled.

I received the TV early Saturday morning. I was quite impressed with the picture quality even right out of the box (with eco setting off). The colors, blacks, and uniformity definitely put my Vizio E-Series LCD to shame. The pentile screen is definitely noticeable within 6 feet. Depending on the content it it becomes unnoticeable 8-10 feet away. It it is most noticeable with static text. During a movie or show it is hard to discern. I almost wish I didn't even know about because I found myself looking for it and I may not have noticed it as much if people hadn't made such a big deal about it. During good HD content the screen still looks very detailed if your are 8-10 feet away.

I believe the glare issues have been blown out of proportion. I had the windows open, and nearly all the lights on in my apartment in middle of the day on Saturday and Sunday the TV still had better colors and blacks then the Vizio E-Series LCD.

The screen does reflect a lot. Especially if a light is on at a bad angle with the viewer and the TV. I found myself moving around to avoid the reflections. The reflections aren't quite a deal breaker though. During casual TV viewing I did find that I could focus on the image and not the reflections. But if you constantly look for reflections they can become bothersome. The Vizio E-Series with a semi-matte screen did not have near the reflections as this TV does.

Overall I am quite happy with this TV. However, Best Buy selling the 65" Vizio P-Series for $1500 does give me some buyers remorse. I wish I had the opportunity to view these displays next to each other in similar conditions. The H5000 might very well have a better picture than the P-Series but the latest Cnet review of the P-Series says it had comparable blacks to the F8500.

I suppose I will stick with the H5000 as the picture quality is very good and Sears requires a 15% restocking fee to return it ! I also wouldn't be able to fit the massive box in my Jeep to return it myself.

I wish Samsung had put a AR filter on this screen I would have gladly paid a few extra hundred for it. That would have made this a nearly perfect display, and of course if they hadn't used the pentile display. But I guess that's basically the F8500...

On a side note... Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket AR filters? I have been googling around this morning and came across a couple options. But I have not found any credible reviews of them which gives me hesitation. The most promising is a Viewguard screen filter for $200. If this thing does what it says it does I think it would be worth it. It supposedly only reduces brightness by 10% which I think I accept for a reduction in reflections. It could then be removed for a light controlled environment. I have not found anything on AVSforum about this. There are mostly people asking about it with no response. I did find one 'review' but it is not very detailed. Can't post links yet but just google 'Review: Intelligen Anti-Glare TV Filter' if you are interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1238
There is a lot more to the plasma advantage in PQ than just black levels. Even if the Vizio could match the blacks, it would still be an LCD.
post #845 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrepete View Post
On a side note... Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket AR filters? I have been googling around this morning and came across a couple options. But I have not found any credible reviews of them which gives me hesitation. The most promising is a Viewguard screen filter for $200. If this thing does what it says it does I think it would be worth it. It supposedly only reduces brightness by 10% which I think I accept for a reduction in reflections. It could then be removed for a light controlled environment. I have not found anything on AVSforum about this. There are mostly people asking about it with no response. I did find one 'review' but it is not very detailed. Can't post links yet but just google 'Review: Intelligen Anti-Glare TV Filter' if you are interested.
I've never seen an AR filter, but I wouldn't do it, I love the gloss screen and would hate some anti glare plastic on my TV. But I have always hated mat screens on TV's and PC's.
post #846 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 33
It would be interesting find out what people think about third party AR filters. I suppose you could find reviews online.

For my basement media room I prefer the H5000 glossy panel with no filter. I do notice a reflection of a table lamp but if I kill it and use the dimmer on overhead can lights reflection is not a problem, which made this big plasma screen an excellent choice. On top of that my HDMI switching AV receiver handles the TV's Spartan inputs and poor internal speakers so, so far, this truly has been a plug&play solution that I couldn't pass on.

---------------------------------------------------
2014 Samsung PN64H5000 Plasma Thread
2008 Samsung HLxxA650 DLP Thread/FAQ
Free Men Do Not Ask Permission to Bear Arms
post #847 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
First time poster here.

I read through this thread several times before ultimately deciding on the H5000. I REALLY wanted a F8500 but it appears I missed the boat on it, and I can't bring myself to spend twice what the H500 costs. I was really nervous about ordering this TV due to all the concern with glare and reflections, as the TV will ultimately be placed in a game room that will not be fully light controlled.

I received the TV early Saturday morning. I was quite impressed with the picture quality even right out of the box (with eco setting off). The colors, blacks, and uniformity definitely put my Vizio E-Series LCD to shame. The pentile screen is definitely noticeable within 6 feet. Depending on the content it it becomes unnoticeable 8-10 feet away. It it is most noticeable with static text. During a movie or show it is hard to discern. I almost wish I didn't even know about because I found myself looking for it and I may not have noticed it as much if people hadn't made such a big deal about it. During good HD content the screen still looks very detailed if your are 8-10 feet away.

I believe the glare issues have been blown out of proportion. I had the windows open, and nearly all the lights on in my apartment in middle of the day on Saturday and Sunday the TV still had better colors and blacks then the Vizio E-Series LCD.

The screen does reflect a lot. Especially if a light is on at a bad angle with the viewer and the TV. I found myself moving around to avoid the reflections. The reflections aren't quite a deal breaker though. During casual TV viewing I did find that I could focus on the image and not the reflections. But if you constantly look for reflections they can become bothersome. The Vizio E-Series with a semi-matte screen did not have near the reflections as this TV does.

Overall I am quite happy with this TV. However, Best Buy selling the 65" Vizio P-Series for $1500 does give me some buyers remorse. I wish I had the opportunity to view these displays next to each other in similar conditions. The H5000 might very well have a better picture than the P-Series but the latest Cnet review of the P-Series says it had comparable blacks to the F8500.

I suppose I will stick with the H5000 as the picture quality is very good and Sears requires a 15% restocking fee to return it ! I also wouldn't be able to fit the massive box in my Jeep to return it myself.

I wish Samsung had put a AR filter on this screen I would have gladly paid a few extra hundred for it. That would have made this a nearly perfect display, and of course if they hadn't used the pentile display. But I guess that's basically the F8500...

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear you like the display. You feel the same way many of us did - apprehensive at first only to realize that many of the concerns were overblown & overstated. IMO, the Vizio P series are probably decent but I highyl doubt the blacks are as good as the 8500 despite what CNet says - and I like Katzmaier too. Maybe they can get as black but is the detail there? Is the uniformity there? And, its an LCD so as Soulburner points out, you'll have all fo the other LCD issues to contend with.

You made the right call - No buyers remorse for you.... you did GREAT!

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR
Polk Tsi, RSi, Bookshelves & PSW sub-woofer
post #848 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

You want to talk blacks, you guys should put on Wall-E where he invites Eva into his home. When the door closes, all you see is her glowing eyes and you forget that there's supposed to be black bars at the top and bottom. It's that good

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)

Last edited by Soulburner; 01-24-2015 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Adding sig
post #849 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
You want to talk blacks, you guys should put on Wall-E where he invites Eva into his home. When the door closes, all you see is her glowing eyes and you forget that there's supposed to be black bars at the top and bottom. It's that good
Nice. I've also found a few scenes where the blacks really get deep and dark. The bars disappear.... On every LCD I tried in my home, the bars were always easily visible because they were gray and or had spots of flashlighting or whatever. Barf!

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR
post #850 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 3578 Post(s)
Liked: 2767
Quote:
... I almost wish I didn't even know about because I found myself looking for it and I may not have noticed it as much if people hadn't made such a big deal about it. ...
What a great first post. I just quoted a small part because I think it sums up the reality of both pentile and reflective glass screens without filters or coatings. People who read some of the outlandish, over-the-top criticisms of these two items will be more likely to see little things they wouldn't ordinarily notice if they weren't sensitized to them. I'm fortunate to have a little switch in my brain that allows me to either focus in on these minor issues or completely tune them out and become totally immersed in the great screen image. Those of us who can do this are really fortunate in that we can enjoy a bargain plasma without being distracted by the minor issues.
Mr. Fat Cat likes this.
post #851 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 06:03 PM

I may have come across as too critical of the display in my previous post.

I just watched Skyfall on Netflix and...WOW. I am very impressed and happy with my purchase. Picture quality is excellent, blacks and colors are phenomenal, I have to say that it is oe of the best TVs I have ever seen. I am an audiophile and not quite a videophile (though it appears I am becoming one as well) and I don't believe I have ever seen another plasma outside of a store. I can understand why plasmas died though, when viewing them next to LCDs in the store it is very hard to go for the washed out display. I only wish I had purchased a F8500 six months instead of that damn Vizio E-series. This display completely blows my Vizio E-Series out of the water. It is very sad that plasmas will no longer be produced. I am glad that I was able to purchase one of the last. I will deal with the reflection issues!

Thanks to this thread for helping me purchase this display!
post #852 of 1776 Old 01-20-2015, 10:23 PM

I calibrated using WOW disc. It looks great, but I was confused when setting the cell light, it doesn't have any way to set that in the disc I could find. Also using the white stars and checker board pattern I really didn't know what too look for, instructions made no sense to me. Also setting the sharpness using their test pattern was difficult, so I ended up using Blu ray video for that.

My settings now, I'm going to redo this weekend, try figure out what the hell I'm doing.

Cell light 18
Contrast 75
Brightness 54
Sharpness 20
Color 52
Tint R49

That's as far as I've done.

The Black levels are great, the bars and Blacks in video are basically indistinguishable from the Black frame of the TV, night watching with no lights on.
post #853 of 1776 Old 01-21-2015, 12:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Try the settings I posted on the previous page

It was all done with the same disc and I can't improve on them unless I do the white balance adjustments. They are almost exactly the same popular settings that orion2001 posted for the F5300B (that I also own).

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)

Last edited by Soulburner; 01-24-2015 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Adding sig
post #854 of 1776 Old 01-21-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Try the settings I posted on the previous page

It was all done with the same disc and I can't improve on them unless I do the white balance adjustments. They are almost exactly the same popular settings that orion2001 posted for the F5300B (that I also own).
I will, I think that I have to check the settings on my PS3, because the white stars are very merky, can not get the ideal White on that adjustment. Looks more Gray. But I will try your settings, thanks.
post #855 of 1776 Old 01-21-2015, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
What a great first post. I just quoted a small part because I think it sums up the reality of both pentile and reflective glass screens without filters or coatings. People who read some of the outlandish, over-the-top criticisms of these two items will be more likely to see little things they wouldn't ordinarily notice if they weren't sensitized to them. I'm fortunate to have a little switch in my brain that allows me to either focus in on these minor issues or completely tune them out and become totally immersed in the great screen image. Those of us who can do this are really fortunate in that we can enjoy a bargain plasma without being distracted by the minor issues.
Dave - you nailed it! I know exactly hat you mean about "seeing stuff" only when you're told about it. I use the classic exmple of a small ding or dent on a car. The owner knows where it is but no one else does. If you tell them about a dent then they'll no doubt look for it. If not, they'll never see it.

The reflections thing is the one that drives me nuts. Some people make it out as if the display shuts itself off at the first sign of any light over 1 lumen, LOL. I hate to say this but a lot of this comes from owners of higher end plasmas like the 8500 or some of the Panasonics. They chest thump about AR filters as if they solve the middle east peace crisis but once you really think about it - watcing TV during the day in a super-bright room is rather rare and mostly pointless. OTOH, A table lamp DOES NOT effect the PQ of this set in any negative way but a few houselights is much more of a realistic "use case".

The pentile thing isnt a big deal at all either - as always: Normal viewing conditions and distances are what count. Standing a foot away from the TV being mad because you can see pixel structure is pretty silly. Its like - "No [email protected]#"

Quote:
I may have come across as too critical of the display in my previous post.

I just watched Skyfall on Netflix and...WOW. I am very impressed and happy with my purchase. Picture quality is excellent, blacks and colors are phenomenal, I have to say that it is oe of the best TVs I have ever seen. I am an audiophile and not quite a videophile (though it appears I am becoming one as well) and I don't believe I have ever seen another plasma outside of a store. I can understand why plasmas died though, when viewing them next to LCDs in the store it is very hard to go for the washed out display. I only wish I had purchased a F8500 six months instead of that damn Vizio E-series. This display completely blows my Vizio E-Series out of the water. It is very sad that plasmas will no longer be produced. I am glad that I was able to purchase one of the last. I will deal with the reflection issues!

Thanks to this thread for helping me purchase this display!
Great to hear! Its really a terrific set and Its making me feel all giddy reading the positive comments about it. Just makes my purchase feel even better than it already did. And, dont feel as if getting the H5000 somehow made you settle at all. Sure the 8500 is the top of the line but in many areas the PQ differences will be fairly trivial. The H5000 gets the important stuff right - blacks, motion, and viewing angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LmLewis View Post
I calibrated using WOW disc. It looks great, but I was confused when setting the cell light, it doesn't have any way to set that in the disc I could find. Also using the white stars and checker board pattern I really didn't know what too look for, instructions made no sense to me. Also setting the sharpness using their test pattern was difficult, so I ended up using Blu ray video for that.

My settings now, I'm going to redo this weekend, try figure out what the hell I'm doing.

Cell light 18
Contrast 75
Brightness 54
Sharpness 20
Color 52
Tint R49

That's as far as I've done.

The Black levels are great, the bars and Blacks in video are basically indistinguishable from the Black frame of the TV, night watching with no lights on.
Great job so far, LM. Keep em coming. Im going to mess with mine more this weekend.

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR
post #856 of 1776 Old 01-21-2015, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Had 2 pallets today of the h5000's along with several pallets of 60f5300's at Amazon which is where I work at.
post #857 of 1776 Old 01-21-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta22ica240 View Post
Had 2 pallets today of the h5000's along with several pallets of 60f5300's at Amazon which is where I work at.
How many TV's on a pallet? They moving fast?
post #858 of 1776 Old 01-21-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:

3 h5000's per pallet, total of 6.
Probably 4 pallets of f5300's, total of 12.
post #859 of 1776 Old 01-21-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:

They came in off the trailer and were on the inbound dock ready to go on the floor.
post #860 of 1776 Old 01-21-2015, 09:45 AM

When I saw 64" I got a little excited thinking they were f8500's but then realized what they were. It's good knowing they are still circulating.
post #861 of 1776 Old 01-21-2015, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I will, I think that I have to check the settings on my PS3, because the white stars are very merky, can not get the ideal White on that adjustment. Looks more Gray. But I will try your settings, thanks.
Turn off "Super White" on the PS3.
post #862 of 1776 Old 01-21-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Turn off "Super White" on the PS3.
I will do that, excuse my ignorance, but I've never done anything with my PS3 settings, as far as I know they are same as I bought it years ago. Can you let me know if there are any other settings I should change, and what menu do I go to, to do the changes? I really appreciate it.

I figured it out, do I leave it off?

Last edited by LmLewis; 01-21-2015 at 05:41 PM.
post #863 of 1776 Old 01-22-2015, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Watched an episode of True Blood last night and man oh man..... this TV can get BLACK! This particular episode was perfect for black tests since there are lots of evening scenes and the episode revolved around a funeral so there were lots of shots of people wearing black! It was amazing. Good detail wthout crush.

Although, I did end up raising my brightness setting from 46 to 47. Just that little bump up gave me a tad more detail without losing any of the depth.

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR
post #864 of 1776 Old 01-22-2015, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
... I did end up raising my brightness setting from 46 to 47. Just that little bump up gave me a tad more detail without losing any of the depth.

That made me think of something I do. I'll watch mine on fixed settings for a couple of weeks, and then suddenly get the urge to go in and make a really minor adjustment on one of the settings. If it looks better, I'll leave it that way for a couple of weeks and then get the urge to make another minor adjustment.

Thinking this through just now, I think this is related to the fact that since no TV throws up a perfect image, our settings end up being compromises that slightly favor one feature over another. A perfect example are the Warm 1 and Warm 2 settings, with one being slightly too warm and the other slightly too cool. It's easy to go back and forth between the two and think the latest setting is "better" for awhile before returning to the other. Of course, with the wide variety of image quality from different sources, the extreme would be slightly altering settings for each new program, or even widely different scenes within the same program.

Sometimes I drive my wife crazy when all she wants to do is just watch whatever's on the screen without being distracted by setting overlays. But she's known she married an insatiable tweaker for many years now and is resigned to it.
post #865 of 1776 Old 01-22-2015, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Although, I did end up raising my brightness setting from 46 to 47. Just that little bump up gave me a tad more detail without losing any of the depth.
If you get the opportunity, can you see how that setting does for you in Pirates of the Caribbean? In the 3rd movie, the jail cell scene that is on the WOW disc, there is a lot of image noise that looks like green dots appearing all over the screen. It's the worst on the cell bars. I can't bring the image to an acceptable level unless I take brightness down to 35. The brightness setting just amplifies noise. This is my new setting, even if it is my only setting that deviates from the brightness test chart.

Quote:
Thinking this through just now, I think this is related to the fact that since no TV throws up a perfect image, our settings end up being compromises that slightly favor one feature over another. A perfect example are the Warm 1 and Warm 2 settings, with one being slightly too warm and the other slightly too cool. It's easy to go back and forth between the two and think the latest setting is "better" for awhile before returning to the other. Of course, with the wide variety of image quality from different sources, the extreme would be slightly altering settings for each new program, or even widely different scenes within the same program.
I've been thinking the same thing. We need a "Warm 1.5"

Last edited by Soulburner; 01-24-2015 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Adding sig
post #866 of 1776 Old 01-22-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
In the 3rd movie, the jail cell scene that is on the WOW disc, there is a lot of image noise that looks like green dots appearing all over the screen. It's the worst on the cell bars. I can't bring the image to an acceptable level unless I take brightness down to 35. The brightness setting just amplifies noise. This is my new setting, even if it is my only setting that deviates from the brightness test chart.
I have noticed these green dots in certain dark scenes as well. I noticed it in a Fight Club blue-ray and Cosmos streaming on Netflix. My source is an x-box one connected directly to the TV. If I turned on the noise reduction setting on the TV it got rid of a lot of the noise but also softened the image. I am wondering if the cause of this is due to the TV's video processor. Is this possible? Would a better source or perhaps piping the signal through a high-end AV receiver with a 'better' video processor than the TV's help with this? I am new to this 'videophile' stuff so I honestly have no idea but I am very curious.
post #867 of 1776 Old 01-22-2015, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I've already posted this in threads about the PN60F5300B and PN51F5300B, and it's also common to the PN64H5000. I've done a little research on the 1006.0 firmware update and come up with an interesting discovery. That single firmware image is designed to work on 9 different 2014 models including a couple of LCD models. I'm thinking it's possible that it's related to I/O functions that would be common across plasma and LCD models.

If you go to Samsung support at this link, click on downloads and then hit the + next to Upgrade File it will show the following next to the download link for the firmware image:

Quote:
File (USB type) (Firmware) (ver. 1006.0) All OS July 16 2014 ENGLISH 49.52MB

This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED H5005/H5200, PDP F4500/F4550/F5300/F5350/H4000/H4900/H5000

The version is 1006.0

This firmware update will improve the following:

- Improved usability

- Improved stability

- Improved usability of input device
montanaman likes this.
post #868 of 1776 Old 01-22-2015, 04:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That made me think of something I do. I'll watch mine on fixed settings for a couple of weeks, and then suddenly get the urge to go in and make a really minor adjustment on one of the settings. If it looks better, I'll leave it that way for a couple of weeks and then get the urge to make another minor adjustment.

Sometimes I drive my wife crazy when all she wants to do is just watch whatever's on the screen without being distracted by setting overlays. But she's known she married an insatiable tweaker for many years now and is resigned to it.
Wow Dave, your wife and my wife have the same problem. She's used to me stopping the movie or TV show for a little tweak. I always do this when I first get a TV and it usually takes me months to finally settle in. Just can't help myself.

Quote:
If you get the opportunity, can you see how that setting does for you in Pirates of the Caribbean? In the 3rd movie, the jail cell scene that is on the WOW disc, there is a lot of image noise that looks like green dots appearing all over the screen. It's the worst on the cell bars. I can't bring the image to an acceptable level unless I take brightness down to 35. The brightness setting just amplifies noise. This is my new setting, even if it is my only setting that deviates from the brightness test chart.

I've been thinking the same thing. We need a "Warm 1.5"
I will see what I can do on the Pirates movie for you. I own that movie so I'll get to the proper chapter and see what's up. I have the latest firmware too. I'll get to it over the weekend.

Samsung PN64H5000
LG BP 540
Sony DH550 AVR
post #869 of 1776 Old 01-22-2015, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by meta22ica240 View Post
Mine is already on its way from Amazon !! - Hope you guys took good care of it !!!
post #870 of 1776 Old 01-22-2015, 07:52 PM

None of the boxes had damage. Straight as a whisle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
PN64H5000 , Samsung 64 Inch Pn64f5300 Plasma

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page