Originally Posted by HLdan
If the website is shady looking then leave it alone. They could very well keep your money and deliver nothing or defective merchandise and it may be difficult for you to get in touch with them for a replacement or a refund.
Sorry, but this being a Plasma enthusiast forum you're not going to get anyone (including myself) to give advice on the best LCD TV. There really isn't any. 4K, 8K, 12K, Super Duper HDR LCD's (sarcasm) will still be LCD's with the same issues that are inherent with LCD's. If LCD is your only choice then go for the Sammy 7150.
Amen, brother Dan. Believe me, I tried very hard to make a 4K LCD work along with a 1080p LCD. 3 different sets from top mfgers(Sammy, Sony, Sharp). All three had various strengthts and features. However, EVERY one of them had many of the usual LCD problems:
1) Edge light bleed & flash-lighting annoyances
2) Uniformity issues on darker screens
3) Motion handling concerns
4) Bad viewing angles(the Sony was actually great here but had lousy blacks due to the IPS panel)
5) Weak blacks(The 4K Sammy was the best though)
6) Obnoxious smart features that caused slow "boot ups" and just made the TV feel like a computer more than a TV sometimes. Bleh.
And - to make matters worse, they were ALL pricier by a large margin than my H5000. And the H5000 destroys them in basically every PQ category except for bright daytime viewing. Even so, the H5000 still "works" in bright rooms it just doesnt look as good as when viwed under "normal" or "dark" lighting.
And thats that!