Pioneer Kuro 9G Euro PDP-LX5090 with 8 blue blinks - Repair - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #31 of 37 Old 12-16-2018, 06:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Pioneer-Fans,

my loved Pioneer Plasma 5090H doesn't work anymore :-(.
I hope, that you can unterstand my bad english.

I have this symptom:
When i start the Pioneer, the blue LED blinks 7 times first. After 3 seconds, the blue LED blinks 8 times until i switch the power button.

I tried to solve the problem with the replacement of IC 7951 (new NJM2846DL3-18) on the IO_Audio_Assy (AWW1354). --> no success
After that i checked IC7901 (NJM2846DL3-05) and IC7911 (P0200WNA1ZPH) and they work fine.
My last check was IC 4404 on the AWV2556 (Main Assy) and this regulator works fine, too.

--> no success

I read something about an new capacitor to help IC7901 but, i don't know, which capacitor i have to renew.
In another thread i read something about the Main Assy, but i don't know the part, which i have to renew. :-(

Now i have no further ideas.
I would be very thankful for help.

Best regards
Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 01-05-2020, 04:24 AM

Hello friends,
The 8BB problem was solved by replacement of IO_AUDIO Assy PCB.
Thanks!
My KURO is back in game :-)
post #33 of 37 Old 01-05-2020, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkos View Post
Hi Pioneer-Fans,

my loved Pioneer Plasma 5090H doesn't work anymore :-(.
I hope, that you can unterstand my bad english.

I have this symptom:
When i start the Pioneer, the blue LED blinks 7 times first. After 3 seconds, the blue LED blinks 8 times until i switch the power button.

I tried to solve the problem with the replacement of IC 7951 (new NJM2846DL3-18) on the IO_Audio_Assy (AWW1354). --> no success
After that i checked IC7901 (NJM2846DL3-05) and IC7911 (P0200WNA1ZPH) and they work fine.
My last check was IC 4404 on the AWV2556 (Main Assy) and this regulator works fine, too.

--> no success

I read something about an new capacitor to help IC7901 but, i don't know, which capacitor i have to renew.
In another thread i read something about the Main Assy, but i don't know the part, which i have to renew. :-(

Now i have no further ideas.
I would be very thankful for help.

Best regards
Marc
Hi Marc,
I have all the PCBs in working condition removed from 5090H with a broken screen.
With kind regards,
Arturs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 01-10-2020, 03:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom669 View Post
I paid far too much for a faulty TV, but I really, really wanted my Kuro. This TV will intermittently power on, when it fails to power on it will flash the blue power light 8 times. When it powers on it works perfectly.

The fix is to replace a 1.8V regulator on the SCART A/V board, or to replace the entire A/V board assembly. Testing the regulator, when faulty, it outputs 0.01V, when working 1.79V (it's a 1.8V regulator). In the faulty state, a small amount of freeze spray will bring it back to life.

The regulator is hard to source in the UK, but it appears BA18BC0WFP will fit fine as a substitute part (the original is NJM2846.) The part does require moderate soldering skills (and of course a soldering iron) to replace.

Cost of the part is approx £1.50

Hope this helps someone else.
Hi tom669,
Thank you very much for your post!

Yesterday, I managed to fix my Pioneer PDP-LX5090 plasma with 8-blinks error. I replaced the part on the A/V board that you located. I am very happy because no current TV (maybe very expensive OLED is close) does not achieve the picture quality of this KURO screen. Big Big Big Thanks! I bought the part (NJM2846DL3-18) from a local dealer in Slovakia for 3.10 Eur and it took me about 3 hours to complete the change, of which 2 hours and 50 minutes took me to open it, clean it from dust and re-assemble it so that no screw remains.

All the best from Slovakia,
Stani
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1144.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	2667438  
post #35 of 37 Old 01-10-2020, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggoslave View Post
This repair worked for me as well. I have the Australian C509A model.

The IC regulator can be purchased here

An excellent video walk-through the repair is shown below;

Patience should be taken with the removal of the faulty IC. It really does take up to a minute to heat up and melt the solder.

Hi leggoslave,

Thank you very much for your video!

Yesterday I managed to fix my Pioneer PDP-LX5090 Plasma TV with an 8-blinks error and thanks to your video I did it at home as an amateur faster than I could take my TV to the service. Big help, thank you!

A small update: the fix also works on the AWW1354 board and I used a temperature of 450 degrees on my soldering station.

Best regards from Slovakia,
Stani
post #36 of 37 Old 01-10-2020, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturs poiss View Post
Hi Marc,
I have all the PCBs in working condition removed from 5090H with a broken screen.
With kind regards,
Arturs.
Hi Marc,

I see you're trying to fix the AWW1354 board. I did it yesterday and I only replaced NJM2846DL3-18. Are you sure your spare part was good and you replaced it correctly? (have all the contacts been properly connected?) Did you measure the voltage at the checkpoint and have 1.8V there?

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need a new part. I know how I am addicted to my plasma

Best regards,
Stani
post #37 of 37 Old 01-12-2020, 11:33 AM

Hello all ...
I have trouble with my Pioneer Kuro PDP LX6090
I have 9 blue blinks error
First i try to change NJM2846DL3-18 Voltage Regulator on av board
but problem is same , tv will start only if is very very cold

I love this tv and i will try to do everything just to bring him back
Thank you in advance for your reply and i wish you very best

Update : My main board is AWV2555

Last edited by Maki_SM; 01-15-2020 at 04:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page