Samsung 60F5300B or 51F5300B? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #31 of 44 Old 03-14-2015, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry102 View Post
So the tv ended up being a floor model, and a 5300a model, with some cosmetic issues, but nothing i can see while viewing.

I got bb to bring it down to 299 + tax.

I checked the hours on it and it has 8140 hours.

The firmware is 1003, which seems very old.

Upon boot on a black screen, i see white pixels sparklingly, though it seems to gone away. Temporary burn in seems to happen often.

They told me it was their display model. For the price, should i keep it, or is it worth the extra money for a new b model?

edit: Will a firmware upgrade help the picture?

If so, in what way, and significant?

I have 15 days to return it.

Also, why does the screen get bright when i hit menu? Thats the brightness id like it to be. Anyway to achieve that?

Also, sometimes grey areas look turquoise, what would that be?
Look at the back will say manufacturing date, it was probably made in 2013. I would take it back and get my money back. Spend the extra and get a B panel. Much better Blacks and the demo was probably never broke in and put in torch mode for 8000 hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 03-14-2015, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LmLewis View Post
Look at the back will say manufacturing date, it was probably made in 2013. I would take it back and get my money back. Spend the extra and get a B panel. Much better Blacks and the demo was probably never broke in and put in torch mode for 8000 hours.
agreed bring that demo back
post #33 of 44 Old 03-14-2015, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LmLewis View Post
Ill be bringing it back.

So what happened was online said it was the B model, missing the stand. I call the store, and I ask if anything is wrong with the tv, and a lady checks with a guy, and then says nothing is wrong with it. So I end up buying online for in store purchase.

I get my email saying my item will be ready in under 45 minutes. Two hours later, i call bb, asking if its ready. The girl kind of laughs saying warehouse is on break. For two hours?? Anyways, she said they'll get it down in a minute. Moments later, i get the email that my tv is ready for pickup. So i head down to bb. When i get there, they still havent pulled it from warehouse, so i have to sit around and wait.

They finally bring out the tv, bubble wrapped, after saying they double checked its condition. I asked if the power cable and remote was with it, they said yes. I asked if there was any cosmetic issue with it, the guy says no.

So i get it home, unwrap it, to realize a group of decent size scratches on the screen, and some scuffs on the bezel. They also forgot to include the power cable. I called bb and spoke to the manager, and he offered 82 off, and that i can come up and get the power cable.

So i get home and power the tv up, w/o any external source plugged in. The tvs menu popped up, and most the screen was black, with a bunch of white pixels sparkling everywhere. This mostly faded after some time. After plugging in a device and viewing a brighter image, theres the same logo burned in on the four corners, and some burn in on the bottom. Grey colors also appeared to be turquoise.

I look on the back, and sure enough, the model number is an A, with 8140 hours on the tv. It was a floor model.

Geek Squad is suppose to inspect these tvs. So i got mislead by them saying it was a B model, which i wanted, and lead me to believe it didnt have many hours. By them saying no cosmetic damage. By them saying theres nothing wrong with the tv. And they forgot to give me the power cord, resulting in an extra trip, plus bringing it back. Not to mention the slow service they provided.

Should i complain, and request some kind of reimbursement for my lose of time, energy, gas? Maybe like a gift card?

The whole experience felt very unprofessional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 44 Old 03-14-2015, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
.Should i complain, and request some kind of reimbursement for my lose of time, energy, gas? Maybe like a gift card?

Yes.
post #35 of 44 Old 03-14-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:

Should i complain, and request some kind of reimbursement for my lose of time, energy, gas? Maybe like a gift card?

The whole experience felt very unprofessional.
It's been my experience that BB doesn't care, they will sell you anything they can just to move product. You always have to do your own research and know what you want already. Always steer clear of the Freek Sqad too.
RandyWalters likes this.
post #36 of 44 Old 03-14-2015, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
I would, if you think you can get a B set there.

It'll be a pain in the butt but I'd write down what you wrote above and ask to see a manager. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a bit of a deal on another set for your effort. Gift card unlikely but a discount on another purchase highly likely.
post #37 of 44 Old 03-14-2015, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *grelvis* View Post
I would, if you think you can get a B set there.

It'll be a pain in the butt but I'd write down what you wrote above and ask to see a manager. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a bit of a deal on another set for your effort. Gift card unlikely but a discount on another purchase highly likely.
Explained my story and the manager offered a discount on a store item. Didnt want any other tv, but got a discount on another item i was planning on getting.

Buydig still has the B new.

Even though the set was manufactured 3/13, not burned in properly, old firmware, and wasnt calibrated, the colors were still impressive. I watched some 4k 60fps videos and it was really nice looking.
post #38 of 44 Old 03-15-2015, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 72
How can you tell a B model ?
post #39 of 44 Old 03-15-2015, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I ordered from buydig two weeks ago. F5300B build date of August 2014.
post #40 of 44 Old 03-15-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post
How can you tell a B model ?
The serial number. Everything left out there are B models, unless it's a BB demo that they have had on the wall for 2 years. My B model from Beach Audio had a build date of November 2014.
RicFlair and cr671 like this.
post #41 of 44 Old 03-15-2015, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Yep, my local Best Buy was advertising the FN60F5300A and I even asked the employee to double check....he said it was an "A". But when he brought it out from the back, it was the "B", so don't get discouraged.
As everyone else has mentioned....all the A models should be gone by now, unless it's a floor model.

S5 tap'n
post #42 of 44 Old 03-15-2015, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Best Buy here in central Florida (near Orlando) delivered a 60F5300B nine days ago. In one location (only) on my shipping box it indicated which version it was--look for the first letter after 5300.
post #43 of 44 Old 03-16-2015, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

So i decided to go with the 60 version, since i was able to get it for 675. Cheapest for the 51 is 650. Plus if anythings wrong its easier to exchange, or just return it if i dont like it.

Bb online shows the A model under the sku, so i decided to call bb and find out.

The lady i spoke to didnt seem to be in a good mood, but i asked her if it was possible to check the box. She said the sku says an A model, and thats what you're going to get.

I explained to her they never updated this for the B models, and she said im sure it wont be a B model. This was their last tv, which is new in box.

So what model am i likely to get?

edit: called a difference bb, and talked to a lady that was nice and helpful. She was able to check the in store inventory from the bb i ordered from and confirmed its a B model.

Last edited by Terry102; 03-16-2015 at 11:32 AM.
post #44 of 44 Old 03-16-2015, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 3952 Post(s)
Liked: 3118
I continue to be baffled by anyone having expectations that accurate information is available from typical BB reps. But it's good to hear that at least one got it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page