Samsung PN64F8500AFXZA Issues with turning on - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 217Likes

post #481 of 496 Old 10-12-2019, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wixified View Post
My 64F8500 has had the sound but no picture problem for many months now. I will get picture most of the time, but not in warm weather and not if the tv has just been turned off (need to wait a few hours first). Thinking I need to replace the 3 capacitors.

Trying to find stock in capacitor, will these ones do the job?

Search part number 146-3467 at au.rs-online.com (I can't post links as I'm new here).

Appreciate any advice.
It seems the capacitor you found are 10pF (10^-9) and not 10uF (10^-6).

Try and search "FG20X7S1H106KRT06" as written in my last post.
tintinjones likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 496 Old 10-12-2019, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfarrell4 View Post
Well my 64" F8500, which has been flawless since 10/2014, turned itself off twice in two separate watching sessions. It restarted the first time but is completely dead now. No red light.

Based on my searches - this would indicate a completely failed/dead power supply and NOT the capacitor issue?

Can anyone recommend a mail-in service for repairing the PSU?

Thanks in advance!

Quite disappointing that my 50" 10 y/o Samsung plasma is going strong and was 1/4 the price of the 64".
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be caused by the capacitors. Have you tried to measure power output from the power supply or disconnecting the y-board and see what happens?
I considered sending my y-board and power supply board to a repair guy I found on ebay (username: levimom2). He will repair both for $90. He has a working pn64f8500 to test the parts on.
post #483 of 496 Old 10-12-2019, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfuglo View Post
It seems the capacitor you found are 10pF (10^-9) and not 10uF (10^-6).

Try and search "FG20X7S1H106KRT06" as written in my last post.
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 496 Old 10-12-2019, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just discovered the shipping price from the US is quite high, hard to find an equivalent in Australia
post #485 of 496 Old 10-17-2019, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi folks i'm in what i believe is the same position to many in this thread.

For the past 18 months or so my F8500 would turn on initially perfectly but if i turned it off at all and tried to return it on i'd get the blinking lights. If i left the tv for about half an hour it would then turn back on as normal. This situation steadily worse and worse until it would not turn on at all when i came back from vacation in August.

I brought the tv to Samsung repair center here in Ireland who initially thought it was a power supply and could be fixed but then decided it was the whole screen and they cannot repair it (Part: BN96-25223A which appears to be the entire screen). The repair center told me Samsung have never had this particular replacement part (in Ireland anyway) and any tv's sold with this fault within warranty were just replaced and not repaired - i of course was well out of warranty. I have in the mean time purchased a LG C9 which i love but i'm determined to get the F8500 back up and running and i'm hoping the capacitor replacement will help me. I saw the link to the capacitors earlier on mouser but they are not available until the new year.

I think i found the equivalent part though am i correct?

https://www.digikey.ie/product-detai...mSeq=306750131

Any tips for a soldering newbie?

ps this is a brilliant thread and thanks to all who put in the hard yards on this.

Last edited by tintinjones; 10-17-2019 at 08:18 AM.
post #486 of 496 Old 10-17-2019, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintinjones View Post
Hi folks i'm in what i believe is the same position to many in this thread.

For the past 18 months or so my F8500 would turn on initially perfectly but if i turned it off at all and tried to return it one i'd get the blinking lights. If i left the tv for about half an hour it would then turn back on. This situation steadily worse and worse until it would not turn on at all when i came back from vacation in August.

I brought the tv to Samsung repair center here in Ireland who initially thought it was a power supply and could be fixed but then decided it was the whole screen and they cannot repair it (Part: BN96-25223A which appears to be the entire screen). The repair center told me Samsung have never had this particular replacement part (in Ireland anyway) and any tv's sold with this fault within warranty were just replaced and not repaired - i of course was well out of warranty. I have in the mean time purchased a LG C9 which i love but i'm determined to get the F8500 back up and running and i'm hoping the capacitor replacement will help me. I saw the link to the capacitors earlier on mouser but they are not available until the new year.

I think i found the equivalent part though am i correct?

https://www.digikey.ie/product-detai...mSeq=306750131

Any tips for a soldering newbie?

ps this is a brilliant thread and thanks to all who put in the hard yards on this.

The symptoms you describe are 100% exactly the ones that my 64F8500 had. Right down to finally not turning on at all when I returned from a 2 week vacation in August (2018).

Those caps look right to me, but someone else should chime in just in case I am wrong.

Regarding the soldering, I looked at the job and thought better of it. I used google to find a local electronics repair guy, and I brought him the board and caps and for $50 he replaced the caps while I waited.
tintinjones likes this.
post #487 of 496 Old 10-17-2019, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowspawn View Post
The symptoms you describe are 100% exactly the ones that my 64F8500 had. Right down to finally not turning on at all when I returned from a 2 week vacation in August (2018).

Those caps look right to me, but someone else should chime in just in case I am wrong.

Regarding the soldering, I looked at the job and thought better of it. I used google to find a local electronics repair guy, and I brought him the board and caps and for $50 he replaced the caps while I waited.
Here's hoping!! I've a new TV as my cinemaroom TV but I really want to get this back up and running for the sittingroom. I orders a few capacitors from the link above so hopefully I can get it done

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
post #488 of 496 Old 10-17-2019, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 21
My F5500 did the same thing and the repair shop I took it to told me the screen was shorted. Threw it and got a UN65JU7100 from Amazon.
tintinjones likes this.

Mike
Houston Comcast
post #489 of 496 Old 10-18-2019, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Pn64f5500 anyone know what a flashing red light 2x means. recently the tv started rebooted a lot and always came back on its own. then one day it wouldnt start at all. unplugged it and plugged it in and it started and ran fine. then turned off after a few minutes and has a continuous red light flashing 2x

i unplugged it about a minute then it has worked flawlessly for 2 days now.

i dont have the symptoms ive seen here of having sound but no video. its totally dead when it happens. no clicking. no turning on at all. just 2 flashing red lights. im lucky unplugging and plugging in has worked so far.

Last edited by luckydriver; 10-18-2019 at 04:55 PM.
post #490 of 496 Old 10-25-2019, 05:00 PM

put in new power board..new y board...the UPS did not kick off so something is better but no red light on and nothing turned on.

before when i plugged tv in it blew the UPS.

i hate to spend 125 for the x and main boards unless thats a guaranteee that is all else could go wrong but i thikn thats not all that could go wrong.

you dont need to have the cover on to make it work do you? i hate to spend more . rather put in new tv
post #491 of 496 Old 10-29-2019, 10:10 AM

A correction to my former post.

I switched the capacitors and the TV worked for a short time, but then started switching off again.

After replacing the PSU the TV has been working properly for 10 days now.

But my problems were not the typical capacitor-symptoms. My tv switched off completely. No flashing diode.
post #492 of 496 Old 10-29-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintinjones View Post
Here's hoping!! I've a new TV as my cinemaroom TV but I really want to get this back up and running for the sittingroom. I orders a few capacitors from the link above so hopefully I can get it done

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
The capacitors you ordered look fine.

Regarding the soldering, you could pay a professional as suggested or ask a friend. I did it myself and I am no expert, but I would suggest you practice first until you can make a clean solder. Maybe watch a few tutorials and make sure you have the right equipment. I bought a new soldering station to replace my solder iron because my old tip was very damaged/oxidized. Together with flux it made all the difference.
tintinjones likes this.
post #493 of 496 Old 10-29-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydriver View Post
you dont need to have the cover on to make it work do you? i hate to spend more . rather put in new tv
It works without the cover.
post #494 of 496 Old 10-30-2019, 10:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 40
My TV isn't turning on {picture}, but there's sound and the red light flashes 5 times, so I guess it's
either the Y-board or the main board.

Shop Jimmy doesn't have them and doesn't look like he'll be getting any in stock.

So, If anyone is buying another TV and has no use any longer for their PN60F8500 parts , I'll be happy
to buy the boards.

Thanks

Polk 7.1
Samsung PN60F8500
73" 73738 Mits DLP
Onkyo TX-NR3008
Panasonic AE4000 Projector
post #495 of 496 Old 11-06-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rain View Post
My TV isn't turning on {picture}, but there's sound and the red light flashes 5 times, so I guess it's
either the Y-board or the main board.

Shop Jimmy doesn't have them and doesn't look like he'll be getting any in stock.

So, If anyone is buying another TV and has no use any longer for their PN60F8500 parts , I'll be happy
to buy the boards.

Thanks
I have the 64" model and bought a power supply board from tvpartstoday.com and my tv now works fine.
They seem to have the y-board and main board for your tv as well. Maybe try and change the y-board first?
post #496 of 496 Old 11-06-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfuglo View Post
I have the 64" model and bought a power supply board from tvpartstoday.com and my tv now works fine.
They seem to have the y-board and main board for your tv as well. Maybe try and change the y-board first?
they had all 4 boards at a good price for my ff5500. however the power and y board didnt fix my unit and i didnt wanna spend another 100 in a possible futile repair. i put that money toward my a8g and it was a good choice. love the tv

they shipped the boards fast, 2 days. hope yours works.

anyone wanna buy my old set and put the other new boards in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
PN64F8500AFXZA

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page