Kuro KRP-500M Received Main Board From Repair Shop...Looks Different - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-19-2018, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Kuro KRP-500M Received Main Board From Repair Shop...Looks Different

I was having issues with my KRP-500M (the infamous 8 blinks) so I sent in the main board to get fixed. When I received the board back I noticed that the chip right in the center of the board does not look the same. Originally, it had a Pioneer logo and now it has some other sticker with a hologram on it. I don't know if it was replaced or what the deal is but I'm concerned. I have not installed it back yet so I'm crossing my fingers. Anyone know what this chip controls? Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-20-2018, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepillin View Post
I was having issues with my KRP-500M (the infamous 8 blinks) so I sent in the main board to get fixed. When I received the board back I noticed that the chip right in the center of the board does not look the same. Originally, it had a Pioneer logo and now it has some other sticker with a hologram on it. I don't know if it was replaced or what the deal is but I'm concerned. I have not installed it back yet so I'm crossing my fingers. Anyone know what this chip controls? Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks.
Not worth worrying about unless it doesn't work. Could be the chip that needed replaced. It should fire right up when you put the board in.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-21-2018, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test Ickles View Post
Not worth worrying about unless it doesn't work. Could be the chip that needed replaced. It should fire right up when you put the board in.
Thanks for the reply. I just put the board in. The tv fired up fine. The picture looks ok but I feel like if the picture is zoomed in a bit. It's hard for me to really know but my eyes are telling me that the picture is a bit large in scale. I have tried changing all the settings in the TV and satellite box and it still looks the same. Could messing with the main board cause this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-22-2018, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepillin View Post
Thanks for the reply. I just put the board in. The tv fired up fine. The picture looks ok but I feel like if the picture is zoomed in a bit. It's hard for me to really know but my eyes are telling me that the picture is a bit large in scale. I have tried changing all the settings in the TV and satellite box and it still looks the same. Could messing with the main board cause this?
Are you feeding it 720p or 1080i/p. The set zooms 720p and can only do dot by dot on 1080i/p.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-23-2018, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test Ickles View Post
Are you feeding it 720p or 1080i/p. The set zooms 720p and can only do dot by dot on 1080i/p.
I switched it to dot by dot 1080i/p and it looks better. It seems as if it was stretched out with Full setting. I really don't remember it looking like that with Full setting. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page