1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ormy

post #1 of 3 Old 10-30-2019, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Panny VT30 IR

I have a Panasonic 65' VT30 that I bought in 2011. I used the break-in slides and D-Nice's settings on the TV when I got it and have loved it ever since. I've noticed lately that it is starting to get image retention that is visible during normal viewing. And I mean the x-box dashboard that's up for a minute before launching a TV show will be visible in the dark parts of the screen. I'm normally pretty careful not to let static images sit on the screen, and until the last 12-16 months never really had a problem with IR. I checked the settings and they are all still the same. Any advice on how to combat this? Turn down the brightness some, maybe there are later-life settings that can be applied? I'm trying to hold out another 2 years before my next upgrade - waiting for 80'+ TVs to get cheaper.

Thanks for any help!

**EDIT** - I somehow managed to miss the giant sticky thread about IR, so I guess never mind. I'd delete the post but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Last edited by twkatadin; 10-30-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-31-2019, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by twkatadin View Post
I have a Panasonic 65' VT30 that I bought in 2011. I used the break-in slides and D-Nice's settings on the TV when I got it and have loved it ever since. I've noticed lately that it is starting to get image retention that is visible during normal viewing. And I mean the x-box dashboard that's up for a minute before launching a TV show will be visible in the dark parts of the screen. I'm normally pretty careful not to let static images sit on the screen, and until the last 12-16 months never really had a problem with IR. I checked the settings and they are all still the same. Any advice on how to combat this? Turn down the brightness some, maybe there are later-life settings that can be applied? I'm trying to hold out another 2 years before my next upgrade - waiting for 80'+ TVs to get cheaper.

Thanks for any help!

**EDIT** - I somehow managed to miss the giant sticky thread about IR, so I guess never mind. I'd delete the post but that doesn't seem to be an option.
Let it run for a while..

2013 Panasonic TX-P42STW60 PDP
2013 Panasonic TX-P42X60E PDP
post #3 of 3 Old 11-01-2019, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I also have a VT30 and use it for gaming. After 3-4 hour gaming session the HUD from that game is usually visible as IR but after watching a film it goes away. Sometimes if I play the same game day after day the HUD gets burned in for a bit longer (sometimes a few days) but it always goes away eventually.

I owned a G20 plasma before my VT30 and did get permanent burn in from my FPS counter (because I was using it in every game, now I set it to move position every hour). But it took hundreds of hours over the course of months before I started to notice it.
Bruce2019 likes this.

Source: Gaming/HT PC, i7 3770K, 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz, 2x GTX 980Ti SLI, MPC-HCx64 w/ MadVR & SVP frame interpolation
Display: Panasonic VT30 55" Plasma ::: Receiver: Denon AVR-1910
5.1 Speakers: Behringer B215XLs
Subwoofers: 4x SI HT18 D4 open baffle powered by iNuke NU4-6000 (1 driver per channel at 2ohm)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page