TC-P50GT30 Optical Output not PCM - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-28-2019, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TC-P50GT30 Optical Output not PCM

I have been using my TC-P50GT30 in a different part of my house during remodeling. There is no room for my 5.1 system. I am using a 2-ch amp and taking the optical output which goes to the amplifier. The amp can receive SPDIF optical just fine when it is PCM, but many other TVs allow you to set the output to PCM Only.

If I watch from on-air channels, the amplifier just puts out noise as it cannot decode the AC-3 stream from the off air station. I have searched and searched and cannot find a setting in the TV to change the optical output to PCM only. Most other TVs seem to have it.

Am I missing something?

-david BTW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-29-2019, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 558 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtw View Post
I have been using my TC-P50GT30 in a different part of my house during remodeling. There is no room for my 5.1 system. I am using a 2-ch amp and taking the optical output which goes to the amplifier. The amp can receive SPDIF optical just fine when it is PCM, but many other TVs allow you to set the output to PCM Only.

If I watch from on-air channels, the amplifier just puts out noise as it cannot decode the AC-3 stream from the off air station. I have searched and searched and cannot find a setting in the TV to change the optical output to PCM only. Most other TVs seem to have it.

Am I missing something?

-david BTW
I dont have any digital input speakers so I cant test this.. Maybe a completly different solution is using the analog headphone jack with a cable to your amp.. You can adjust the headphone volume in the sound options, and the DAC of the Panasonic TVs are really good.. Before you cant get it fixed, this might be a solution

2013 Panasonic TX-P42STW60 PDP
2013 Panasonic TX-P42X60E PDP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page