HELP - Pioneer Elite Pro-150fd (G8) and I am trying to manually reset the TRAP switch
I just replaced the power assembly board and I was not aware of the TRAP switch, and I wanted to test the set before I put the back panel on so I plugged in, powered it on, and now I get a solid red light and solid blue light (no flashing).
I follow the service manual and it says with the original remote to do this sequence:
1. Press the “display” button then release the “display” button.
2. Wait between 3 and 7 seconds
3. Press and release the “<”, “^”, “<”, “>”, and “power” buttons in sequence.
a. Panel will now turn on in “service mode”.
4. Press “muting” button 3, 4 or 5 times depending on model you are working on.
5. Until the display shows the “initialize” page.
6. Press and hold the “display” button until the error indicator (red LED) on either the panel or the media receiver goes out.
7. Exit service mode by pressing the “power” button on the remote.
Well, that didn’t work…so it then says: If the above procedure doesn’t work, then clear the Trap Switch manually as follows:
(You will not be able to see the menus.)
1. Turn off Main Power Switch on Panel or unplug panel.
a. Depending on which model you are working on, place switch on Digital Assembly from "Normal" to "Off" or use a clip to short the high voltage. Shorting connections located on upper right corner of digital video board. (Preventing high voltages from activating)
2. Place Main Power back on.
b. Confirm both Media Receiver and Panel are in standby mode (unit that is trapped will still have both red and green LEDs lit)
3. Press the “display” button then release the “display” button.
c. Wait between 3 and 7 seconds
4. Press and release the “<”, “^”, “<”, “>”, and “power” buttons in sequence.
d. Listen to panel carefully. There will be a very slight relay click.
5. Panel will now turn on in “service mode” with only the low voltage supplies operating. (no picture)
6. Press “muting” button 3, 4, or 5 times depending on the model you are working on.
7. Press and hold the “display” button until the error indicator (red LED) on either the panel or the media receiver goes out.
8. Turn soft power off, then main power off or unplug unit.
a. Wait 20 seconds
9. Return switch on Digital Assembly to Normal position or remove shorting clip.
10. Power back on and troubleshoot normally.
My question is, where do I find the switch on Digital Assembly from "Normal" to "Off" or find the area to short the high voltage? Or is there anything else I can do to reset this TV?
There are NOT any Pioneer service centers anywhere close to me. Please help as this is a great TV!