Originally Posted by Tiga
Hi Everest. I have not done that. I have to ask - is it an easy thing to do? Never done something like that before.
Bookmark the following URL, which is the front page of 42PF7320A.http://www.consumer.philips.com/cons...37_US_CONSUMER
You can get this URL from Philips site:
1. Select country: US (English)
2. Search 42PF7320A in the search box.
The following URL leads to the online document:http://www.p4c.philips.com/na4/4/42p...37_dfu_aen.pdf
You can get this online doc from the front page of this product (1) click 'Product Support'
link (2) Click 'Directions for Use' linkTo check your current firmware verion: (Page 40)
Verifying the version of the TV software
Before starting the software upgrade procedure, it is advised to check what
the current TV software is.
1. Select Software Upgrade in the Installation menu.
2. Press the cursor right.
The Software Upgrade menu moves to the left panel.
3. Select Current Software Info to observe the version and the description
of the current software.
To Upgrade your TV:
1. Read the 'Readme' file first. Download a zip file from the 'Product Support' page, 'Software' Section.
2. unzip 'autorun.upg' file to root directory of a USB flash drive. The USB drive must be formatted as FAT file system.
3. Follow instructions on Page 41:
Automatic software upgrade procedure
1. Power off your TV and remove all memory devices.
2. Insert the USB portable memory that contains the downloaded software
3. Switch on your TV with the POWER button on your remote control.
4. At startup the TV will scan the USB portable memory until it finds the
update content.The TV will automatically go to the upgrade mode. After a
few seconds it will display the status of the upgrade procedure.
You are not allowed to remove the USB portable memory during the software
In case of a power drop during the upgrade procedure, don't remove the USB
portable memory from the TV. The TV will continue the upgrade as soon as the
power comes back.
If you try to upgrade to a software version lower than the current version, a
confirmation will be asked. Downgrading to older software should only be done in
case of real necessity.
If an error occurs during the upgrade you should retry the procedure or contact
( When the software upgrade was successful, remove the USB portable
memory and restart your TV with the POWER button on your remote
Your TV will start up with the new software.
Note: Once the upgrade is finished use your PC to remove the TV software from
your USB portable memory.
Updated on 01/18/06:
Reported by some people on this forum:
If the TV has the same firmware version as the one on the USB drive, TV simply
ignores it and starts normally.
Check your existing version before the firmware update.