Official Panasonic PX60/600 Tweaking, Settings, Issues, Technical Thread! - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #601 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 02:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Anyone hooked up a PC via DVI-->HDMI converter adn succesfully got 1:1 pixel mapping? I'm deliberating between the 60u and Samsung S5053 (which has VGA input). I'm coming from a Sony GWIII which has same 1366x768 resolution and it was a PAIN to get it near 1:1 because I was using DVI.

Also are the picture adjustments saved per input, or is it global for all inputs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_t1 View Post

Also are the picture adjustments saved per input, or is it global for all inputs?

The TV has three configurable picture settings (cinema, vivid, standard). Any of the three settings can then be chosen for each input.
post #603 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megeed View Post

Does any one know exactly what the AI sound option does in the Panny TH-50PX60U TV does?

Acording to the Manual it will: "Equalize overall volume levels across all channels and VIDEO inputs"

I've played with it, and it works. I really notice it NOT beeing there when I use my sound system and not the TV speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #604 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

A number of you guys will have had over 100 hours now. Have your settigns changed and what are they now?

Joel

I ran mine through DVE again and any changes were totally subjective. They were close enough that there was no discernable difference.

I did not set them up originally for "safety" but for best picture.
post #605 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flossy View Post

Does anyone know what this means? Under Maintenance in the 60U manuals it says The front of the display panel has been specially treated. Wipe the panel surface gently using only a cleaning cloth or a soft, lint-free cloth.

I'm trying to clean the glass, but now Im a little worried if I do so I'll be wiping away what was coated on the glass. I guess I'm just a little confused as to what specially treated means; does this mean a layer of coating? Because I really don't want to wipe what ever is on there away that is so important.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks-

yes there's an ar coating and chemicals will damage it.

you really should only dust it with a feather duster and if it needs to be wiped use a GOOD microfiber cloth. if it needs more than that then use a damp(lightly damp) microfiber cloth (you should barely ever have to do that.

do not was your cloths, if they are that dirty - throw them away, the detergent stays in and can leave tiny scratches.

basically, treat it how you SHOULD be treating your car's paint
post #606 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark73 View Post

The TV has three configurable picture settings (cinema, vivid, standard). Any of the three settings can then be chosen for each input.

Are custom picture settings saved per input? (not just the 3 presets)
post #607 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 09:28 AM

When turning on the 60U I'm noticing that it takes about 5 secs to fully power on and when it does it's showing some weird color type stuff before fully firing up. Almost psychadelic (sp) looking.

It didn't do this initially.

Is this normal, or are there worse things to come?

Thanks.
post #608 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

The settings are only saved on the three modes (vivid, standard, and cinema). Then each input saves one of those modes.

Xbox: SchwedyBalz

Go Jackets!
Go Bolts!
post #609 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 10:21 AM

Quote:

Anyone hooked up a PC via DVI-->HDMI converter adn succesfully got 1:1 pixel mapping? I'm deliberating between the 60u and Samsung S5053 (which has VGA input). I'm coming from a Sony GWIII which has same 1366x768 resolution and it was a PAIN to get it near 1:1 because I was using DVI.

Look @ post 574 for pictures - I have a NVIDIA 7800 GT in my laptop and it recognizes my TV by brand name @ 1920x1080 through a 15' DVI to HDMI. The only game Ive tested is Unreal Tournament 2004 and its amazing how lightening quick the mouse moves across a 42" screen.

I'm wondering is this kind of connection is any worse than a regular XBOX 360 or any other video game.

Some folks just choose alternate realities, and there's nothing that can be put into words here that will co·ax them out of that.
post #610 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 10:59 AM

Quote:

The "presets" are customizable but based on some defaults (i.e. no matter what you do, all three can't be made to like identical). Each input can then use one of the three picture modes (whether it is left with its default settings or changed by the user). In other words, you can have three different picture modes to choose from, regardless of how many inputs you're using. Does this make sense?
post #611 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 11:18 AM

I'm noticing it [the line at the top of the screen] on the HD channels, mainly the local broadcast that is in 4:3... its kind of a random thing.

Also, I'm finding myself adjusting the aspect through both my cable box remote and my TV remote... does that make any difference?

Some folks just choose alternate realities, and there's nothing that can be put into words here that will co·ax them out of that.
post #612 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy67 View Post

When turning on the 60U I'm noticing that it takes about 5 secs to fully power on and when it does it's showing some weird color type stuff before fully firing up. Almost psychadelic (sp) looking.

Thanks.

i've seen this on two diffrerent 60us, a 42px60u and 37px60u. i assume its normal. it looks like the whole screen quickly lights up with a short blip of this strange splotchy pattern before the picture pops in.
post #613 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:

Thanks.

I've noticed this on mine too.
post #614 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docism View Post

Look @ post 574 for pictures - I have a NVIDIA 7800 GT in my laptop and it recognizes my TV by brand name @ 1920x1080 through a 15' DVI to HDMI. The only game Ive tested is Unreal Tournament 2004 and its amazing how lightening quick the mouse moves across a 42" screen.

I'm wondering is this kind of connection is any worse than a regular XBOX 360 or any other video game.

Did you try web-surfing on your laptop - how does that look on the TV? Is the type clear enough?

Thanks
post #615 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddi View Post

Did you try web-surfing on your laptop - how does that look on the TV? Is the type clear enough?

Thanks

Its very clear... heres a little tip for small font web sites - hold down the Ctrl key and spin the wheel on your mouse (assuming you have a mouse wheel) it will change the font size on the fly.

post #616 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docism View Post

Thanks for the info, this is good news. I may choose the Panny over the Samsung now then.

Are you having any overscan problems with screen alignment?
post #617 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info, this is good news. I may choose the Panny over the Samsung now then.

Are you having any overscan problems with screen alignment?

With my laptop? NO.

The problem I mentioned earlier about the line at the top of the screen is not a hardware issue, it is the signal from my cable provider and isn't really a problem at all .

I'm completely happy with my panny box

post #618 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 50PX60U arrived today but I don't yet have it out of the box. I'm reading through the operating instructions and I have two questions:

1. Can someone who has the 50' tell me how wide the pedestal is from one end to the other? I need to know if the stand is small enough to fit on my entertainment stand.

2. I plan on hooking my non-HD DirecTv box to the TV via an S-video cable and hooking an antenna to the TV for OTA HD. So, reading the initial setup instructions, it sounds like I want to set the "ANT In" mode to "antenna", but is there something else I need to set for it to recognize the DirecTv signal?
post #619 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano1122 View Post

i've seen this on two diffrerent 60us, a 42px60u and 37px60u. i assume its normal. it looks like the whole screen quickly lights up with a short blip of this strange splotchy pattern before the picture pops in.

Are you connected via HDMI or DVI/HDCP? Someone in another thread on this forum said that the HDCP handshaking was responsible. I've connected my STB to my 50PX60U using an HDMI/DVI cable. I get the screen blip when the TV is first turned on or when changing from SD to HD or from HD to SD programs. This did not happen when I was connected with component cables. I have a Syntax Olevia upstairs and it does the same thing once I connected my STB to it using DVI/HDCP.
post #620 of 7271 Old 05-10-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnamertz View Post

My 50PX60U arrived today but I don't yet have it out of the box. I'm reading through the operating instructions and I have two questions:

1. Can someone who has the 50' tell me how wide the pedestal is from one end to the other? I need to know if the stand is small enough to fit on my entertainment stand.

2. I plan on hooking my non-HD DirecTv box to the TV via an S-video cable and hooking an antenna to the TV for OTA HD. So, reading the initial setup instructions, it sounds like I want to set the "ANT In" mode to "antenna", but is there something else I need to set for it to recognize the DirecTv signal?

The stand is 32" wide at its widest point.

If you are connecting your direct TV box to S-video, you need to set the TVs input source to Video1 or Video2, depending on which S-video connector you used.
post #621 of 7271 Old 05-11-2006, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkratze1 View Post

The stand is 32" wide at its widest point.

If you are connecting your direct TV box to S-video, you need to set the TVs input source to Video1 or Video2, depending on which S-video connector you used.

I just found the diagram in the manual showing its 32" wide. My entertainment center is only 31" wide, but its sturdy. Does anyone see a problem if the pedestal sticks out 1/2" on either side?
post #622 of 7271 Old 05-11-2006, 04:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
When power off my set and turn it back on, my set always defaults to full on the aspect ratio..Is there a way for the set to remember the last aspect ratio setting before turning it off.
post #623 of 7271 Old 05-11-2006, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks.

I've had mine for about a month now and first noticed it yesterday. Mine wasn't colorful, but just seemed like random grey splotches for an instant.

Xbox: SchwedyBalz

Go Jackets!
Go Bolts!
post #624 of 7271 Old 05-11-2006, 08:15 AM

So....wondering if there might be a problem with this turning on and funky color thing?

What's that Panny help addy again?
post #625 of 7271 Old 05-11-2006, 09:17 AM

I feel like this is a stupid question, but I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening on my 42PX60U. I've done some searching and looked in the Panasonic FAQ, but so far haven't found what I'm looking for.

When I go into the normal menu on my TV, I find that a good number of the options are disabled (or greyed out). I don't have the TV in front of me right now, so I don't remember the exact names of the options, but a few examples of the options that are disabled are:

The option that controls how light or dark the side bars are
The option that controls where the audio comes from on HDMI input 2

Does anyone have any idea as to why I wouldn't be able to change these options? I'm guessing it is something simple, since it doesn't really make sense to me that I can't change these options.

Thanks
post #626 of 7271 Old 05-11-2006, 10:34 AM

Got my question answered thru search. Thanks.
post #627 of 7271 Old 05-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncher17 View Post

I feel like this is a stupid question, but I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening on my 42PX60U. I've done some searching and looked in the Panasonic FAQ, but so far haven't found what I'm looking for.

When I go into the normal menu on my TV, I find that a good number of the options are disabled (or greyed out). I don't have the TV in front of me right now, so I don't remember the exact names of the options, but a few examples of the options that are disabled are:

The option that controls how light or dark the side bars are
The option that controls where the audio comes from on HDMI input 2

Does anyone have any idea as to why I wouldn't be able to change these options? I'm guessing it is something simple, since it doesn't really make sense to me that I can't change these options.

Thanks

Post #158 might be applicable for your first question:
"You need to be in 4:3 mode to change side bar color."
post #628 of 7271 Old 05-11-2006, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 244
What does the Color Management mode do to greens and blues?

How much effect will it have on tint if you use it? Can it be and also should it be used with Cinema, Standard, and Vivid?
post #629 of 7271 Old 05-11-2006, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

It should have been called color (mis) management.

My HT

In the words of English philosopher Edmund Burke, ÂAll that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.Â
post #630 of 7271 Old 05-11-2006, 04:48 PM

okay, I've done alot of research but was unable to find anything on it. I read post about noises comming from the 60U but it not what I've experience. I notice this noise and kept the tv for about 25 days and went back for an exchange. They send me another brand new one but I keep still hearing the noise. Any comment on this is greatly appreciated.

The noise I hear is like a poping sound comming from the tv every 15-20 minutes or so. Even when the tv is off. It's kind of like when the tv first turn on. My tv is sitting on a wooden stand and is connected to a belkin pf30. Please let me know if any of you experience this noise. I can hear this sound acros the room (about 12-15 feet).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Th 58px60u 58 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Th 42px600u 42 Plasma Hdtv Television , Panasonic Th50px600u 50 Inch Plasma Flat Panel Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page