Panasonic TH-58PE75U - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiemc View Post

I got the coupon book from Costco last night, I was told it was for 23rd Black Friday.

No Panny coupon.

Is it only certain stores???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post

Good question. Rumor has it that Costco is NOT price-matching previously purchased items that require a coupon on BF either. You could always re-purchase it on BF and immediately return it unopened with the OLD receipt, but that's assuming you can get one. I imagine they will sell out quickly at these prices.

I called HQ today. It is a big GREEN light. I WILL get $500 back. Costco will close tomorrow. For people want this deal you have to buy it TODAY.

BTW the package box is 47"(H)x61"(L)x22"(D). Make sure your car has enough room for this baby. Honda Odyssey won't fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_pig View Post

I called HQ today. It is a big GREEN light. I WILL get $500 back. Please see OP for detail. Costco will close tomorrow. For people want this deal you have to buy it TODAY.

BTW the package box is 47"(H)x61"(L)x22"(D). Make sure your car has enough room for this baby. Honda Odyssey won't fit.

I called too. I was told by management to just bring in my receipt and they'll do a price adjustment for the full coupon amount. I had to take mine out of the box to fit it in the truck I borrowed. I have a car so I borrowed a Honda Pilot from a friend to pick it up. Fit perfectly without the box.
post #93 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is this per Corporate or Local Warehouse Manager?

I'm getting response that they can price match but have to bring the product back in (and I don't feel like lugging 160+lbs tv back and forth)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I just called Costco corporate and was quickly told that they would NOT be pricematching coupon items that were purchased prior to Friday. The lady seemed very certain on this.

Seems like everyone is getting a different story.

Edit: I just called my local Costco and was also told that the TV MUST be purchased on Friday and no pricematching with the coupon.
post #95 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 03:03 PM

Well....I called couple of local Costco and their position is that they will NOT match the coupon price. Apparently the reasoning is that these coupons are based on contract with the manufacturer specific for those time period and they want to make sure that they're honoring the timeline (makes sense).

The Manager at Costco did say they were getting more inquiry on the Vizio 50" then this Panasonic so coming around store opening time should be fine.
His estimation is that once Vizio is gone, then they may "upgrade" to Panasonic.
post #96 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 03:52 PM

I just got back from my local costco and they also said that they won't pricematch BF coupon. You'll have to buy it on Friday. I had the lady checked stores around my area and looks like they have a lot of them in stock. My store only has 4 but others have like 24,31, and 35 in stock. So, I guess I will just show up at 9am when they are open.
post #97 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 03:56 PM

Liked: 11
Talked to the manager at our local store, he stated since it's a mfg coupon the receipt has to be dated Friday.

They have 13 in stock though.
post #98 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midorix View Post

Is this per Corporate or Local Warehouse Manager?

I'm getting response that they can price match but have to bring the product back in (and I don't feel like lugging 160+lbs tv back and forth)

Costco HQ (1-800-774-2678)
post #99 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdude12 View Post

For those of you picking this up on Friday...what time are you going to be waiting at the Costco doors? Or has anyone bought it earlier and still got the $500 dollars off?

I've never went out on Black Friday before. I haven't a clue what the crowds are like. I think I may just show up at opening or a half hour before.
post #100 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile-reality View Post

I've never went out on Black Friday before. I haven't a clue what the crowds are like. I think I may just show up at opening or a half hour before.

I'd try 2 hours before, especially since they don't open till 9am (meaning lots of people are awake - not just the crazy ones). I've never done Costco on BF, but I went to BestBuy once like 30 minutes before they opened (6am that year) and there were HUNDREDS of people in line already.
post #101 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I think it's really going on a store by store basis....I guess we'll see what happens on friday. If they do give me a problem, I'll buy another one on the spot and walk right around to returns and return it with my other receipt. I'll open it first so that they have to RMA it and stare at a giant plasma all day on the busiest shopping day of the year. I'm not taking this tv off my wall.

There were quite a few in stock today....3 on the floor and 7 in the back. I'll post back on friday and let you guys know what happens.
post #102 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 06:41 PM

I went to Costco this afternoon and they were out of coupon books. They said they might have more on Friday, but to just ask for a manager and they will give us the discount. I asked how many they had in stock and was told there were 11 in box and the 1 on display. The guy on the floor also said they open at 8am, but the website says 9am. I was thinking about getting there at 6am to wait in line.
post #103 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_pig View Post

Would you tell me where do you find the "PLEXIGLASS". Thank you.

i got a 48" X36" piece of plexi glass from Home depot for about $25.
I had to cut it at 18" the full length of 48" fits perfect.
When you cut it make sure to use a small tooth blade and put it on your saw backwards. If you dont do that I garantee the saw will chew up and destroy your piece of plexi!
good luck
post #104 of 553 Old 11-21-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman View Post

I think it's really going on a store by store basis....I guess we'll see what happens on friday. If they do give me a problem, I'll buy another one on the spot and walk right around to returns and return it with my other receipt. I'll open it first so that they have to RMA it and stare at a giant plasma all day on the busiest shopping day of the year. I'm not taking this tv off my wall.

There were quite a few in stock today....3 on the floor and 7 in the back. I'll post back on friday and let you guys know what happens.

Exactly Herman! Just make sure they have one in stock!
post #105 of 553 Old 11-22-2007, 12:06 AM

Stupid question but I'll ask anyway...Has anyone ever attempted to paint the bezel on their plasma?

I would consider this TV but I hate the silver on the bezel. Too bad the TV was not all black...
post #106 of 553 Old 11-22-2007, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltagg View Post

Stupid question but I'll ask anyway...Has anyone ever attempted to paint the bezel on their plasma?

I would consider this TV but I hate the silver on the bezel. Too bad the TV was not all black...

it doesnt look bad at all. in fact i think it makes it look better and classier than only black. dont let that be the factor not getting this nice set. jmo
post #107 of 553 Old 11-22-2007, 08:05 AM

The service desk said that they would not price match because MFG needs date on receipt to be this weekend....however, he said, "off the record", that what you would have to do is return it this weekend and buy it again the same day. So I bought one - because I don't plan to wait in line at 6am Friday after Thanksgiving dinner. I'll probably drop by Sat or Sun to return/rebuy.

On another note regarding deals. If you want a smaller screen, another BF deal is $900 off a 50PX77U at Microcenter. Hopefully there is a location near your home.

Panasonic seems to be nice this Holiday Season :-).
post #108 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdude12 View Post

For those of you picking this up on Friday...what time are you going to be waiting at the Costco doors? Or has anyone bought it earlier and still got the $500 dollars off?

I'm gonna get to Costco at 7:30am so I can get in at 8am with my "Business Member" buddy... hopefully the lines aren't that bad. I have never been to Costco on BF, so we'll see. I asked the last time I was there and people there thought I'd be fine if I showed up at 9am for the regular opening... but I don't want to take chances. :-)

Also, I noticed you can order online right now for delivery... so if folks don't want to deal with lines, you can get the $500 off online and wait 7-10 days to get it by truck.
post #109 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 08:55 AM

stood in line for an hour and ended up paying 1799 for the TH-58PE75U.

Think I got a good deal?!?

I looked it up on panasonic.com and it says it is 1080p
Does anyone know if it really is?

I looked at a similar model on bestbuy and circuit city retailing for about 4300.

Costco (where i bought it) has it listed for 2399-100(instore) plus they sent out a 500 dollar coupon for friday-sunday... just FYI _ if they ring it up it will ring up as 2399 - 500coupon, tell the manager it is advertised for 2299 in store and they will knock another bill off..
post #110 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

No problems with my price adjustment. I just got back from Costco, which was pretty quiet by the way, and simply showed my receipt with coupon and they refunded me the full difference of the coupon right on the spot. I even got another $20 off of the wall mount I bought. Good stuff.
post #111 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkale007 View Post

stood in line for an hour and ended up paying 1799 for the TH-58PE75U.

Think I got a good deal?!?

I looked it up on panasonic.com and it says it is 1080p
Does anyone know if it really is?

I looked at a similar model on bestbuy and circuit city retailing for about 4300.

Costco (where i bought it) has it listed for $$$$$(instore) plus they sent out a $$$ dollar coupon for friday-sunday... just FYI _ if they ring it up it will ring up as $$$$ - $$$coupon, tell the manager it is advertised for $$$$ in store and they will knock another bill off..

Welcome to the forum. This plasma is 720p. Also there is no discussion allowed on prices just to let you know. The latter in-store coupon you mentioned expired yesterday 11/22. I was able to take advantage of both coupons since I purchased the plasma last week and price matched the larger coupon this morning. But those going out today to purchase this will only get the larger coupon.
post #112 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 09:44 AM

Just got back from Costco, had receipt and coupon in hand was not going to bring the TV if I didn't have to.
There was no-one at returns I got $$$ within 90 seconds.

'When Fascism Comes to This Country, It Will Be Wrapped in the Flag Carrying a Cross'
Sinclair Lewis.
post #113 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

That's awesome that they're price matching for you guys!

I just ordered one from costco.com with free shipping. Didn't feel like waking up at 6am, borrowing a truck and standing outside in 10 degree temps! Fortunately, the tax rate on Costco's website when shipping to my address comes up as the BASE Colorado state tax rate which is more than 3% lower than my city's tax rate or the city where I'd have purchased it had I gone to the store, so I saved another $60+ or so there.

You can't beat this deal. I only paid about $270 less after tax for my 50" from my local Costco a month ago (which will be getting returned once the 58" arrives). No-brainer upgrade for that price.
post #114 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 10:24 AM

I just ordered online too. For those who bought it online, did the $500 off coupon apply before or after tax? Mine was applied after the tax was included. I wonder if buy it in-store will be the same.
post #115 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS67T View Post

I just ordered online too. For those who bought it online, did the $500 off coupon apply before or after tax? Mine was applied after the tax was included. I wonder if buy it in-store will be the same.

I just realized that my tax was also applied to the price before the coupon. It says in the item description that state law may require sales tax be applied to the pre-discounted price.

Oh well. At least they only charged me the 2.9% state tax rate when the city tax rates where I live and where the closest Costco is located are both in the 6.5-7% range.
post #116 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 03:02 PM

I just purchased this TV this morning as well. This is our first plasma, a question for the experts - I have it connected to a H20 DTV HD box. When viewing HD content on NBC, etc I get black bars on the side? When I view the SD channel it fits the screen. I do have the H20 set to 16:9.

Is this right, or do I have something set incorrectly?

Thanks,
Kevin
post #117 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 03:47 PM

Went by Costco about 1pm local, they had 10 left which means they only sold 3 since wednesday when I went by. Great deal but I decided to hold out for a 1080P. Hopefully prices will come down in the next couple months.
post #118 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 05:43 PM

Went to Costco this morning early since I wanted to buy the 50" Vizio also for a gift.

At 6:45am, there was only one couple ( i was second in line).

By 8am, there were at least 100 people in line, most of them waiting for the Vizio.

Came home with Vizio and Panasonic.
I didn't get the $100+$500 deal some of you have mentioned but I'm still happy.
Grabbed my neighbor to help me install it.

768p is still awesome (at 14ft)!
post #119 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 06:02 PM

Went to costco at 10am this morning. I have 2 of these TV's I purchased 3 weeks ago. No problem getting $1000 back. Gotta love that.
post #120 of 553 Old 11-23-2007, 08:16 PM

Hi there,

Got this TV today at Costco. I called about 4pm and they said they still had 12. I somewhat expected them to have sold out, but hey.

Anyone tweaked PowerStrip and video cards for maximum resolution? I'm using a Radeon x600 with its DVI out and it looks pretty poor. I had previously used the same PC with a Mitsubishi 52725 via the VGA output and it looked great. I could never, ever get the DVI out of that video card to look good on the Mits, but I discussions here at AVS led me to believe it was more to do with the Mits TV than the video card.

Anyway, my prior setup for my Mitsubishi doesn't look very good on the Panasonic (no surprise), and I'm currently using the 1280x768 resolution on the Radeon -- also looks like crap.

And advice appreciated. I'd also be happy to hear suggestions for video cards that work well with this TV.

Thanks!

--Otto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page