Help with video signal dropout - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #31 of 32 Old 10-16-2019, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand View Post
The DR HDMI 4K sits between the AVR and the TV and you choose to either use inbuilt EDID tables or capture the EDID from a Display - your Display or any 4K UHD capable Display the AVR is happy to work with.

Once the Dr HDMI 4K is installed the AVR does not 'see' your actual TV and instead 'see's the DR HDMI 4K device as a 'TV".

Can't imagine many TV manufacturers use multiple chips per input - each chip carries a licence cost and all 4K UHD capable chips will also be backwards compatible all the way back to SD.

HDMI is a pain - then again have you tried going back to an SD capable CRT TV

Joe
Well, the Dr HDMI device does not appear to have resolved the problem. I connected the device and copied the EDID table from the TV according to the Youtube video (the device comes with absolutely no instructions) and continue to have the same problem with the video dropouts. I think I tried the other EDID tables built in to the Dr HDMI device but those either resulted in no picture at all or the exact same problem. I sent an email to Dr HDMI tech support to see if there is something I am missing because, again, there are absolutely no instructions provided. However, I don't hold out a lot of hope here.

Joe Fernand, I would appreciate any specific advice you may have on correctly using this Dr HDMI device before I send it back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 10-16-2019, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2438 Post(s)
Liked: 2279
https://www.hdfury.com/product/dr-hdmi-4k/

Click "Getting Started"
Joe Fernand likes this.

If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page