Is there any HDMI 2.0/a/b Switch with 18gbps each channel¿? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-15-2019, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is there any HDMI 2.0/a/b Switch with 18gbps each channel¿?

Hi !! I have a question .... I will raise it here with the hope that someone can help me ...

I have a Benq W2700, it brings 2 HDMI inputs and I need 3 ...... (PC + PS4 Pro + Chromecast). Changing every time I need the HDMI cable manually to put one thing or the other is almost hell .....

For this reason I have considered buying an HDMI Switch as cheap as possible to connect it to one of the projector's inputs and thus have some extra input. Most bring remote control to commute with what the thing would be quite simple and completely solve the problem ....

BUT here comes the doubt .... I need the switch inputs to allow the input of 4K + 60Hz + 12Bit + HDR signals in other words I need almost 18gbps on each input ....

All the switches that I see in Amazon and other stores .... although it says "2.0 /2.0b, 4K, HDR, 12 bits .............." then you see in the description things of the type .... for example in a switch of 3 inputs 1 output puts 18 gbps followed by "6 ​​per channel", or if it is 2, 9 per channel etc ...

I guess the doubt is clear ..... that means that really every input is limited in that width and therefore you don't really have 18gbps? If so, these switches really are not worth any for my needs ....

Anyone know anything about it or have a switch that I can confirm that I can reach the maximum on each HDMI input? (For example 4K + HDR + 12 Bits + 60Hz RGB or 60 4: 2: 0 or 30 4: 4: 4) ....

I hope so ... because otherwise I don't really understand the purpose of these devices ....

Greetings !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-16-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 1203
I would be looking at something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Switch-FiveHo...dDbGljaz10cnVl

My search was simple: 18gbs hdmi switch

Monoprice is also VERY specific about their products and offers units from 2x1 to 5x1 switchers.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=33417

As a strong recommendation, get additional inputs so you have them available. At least a 3x1 so you have one spare!

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-16-2019, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
I would be looking at something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Switch-FiveHo...dDbGljaz10cnVl

My search was simple: 18gbs hdmi switch

Monoprice is also VERY specific about their products and offers units from 2x1 to 5x1 switchers.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=33417

As a strong recommendation, get additional inputs so you have them available. At least a 3x1 so you have one spare!
Yes I am looking 3x1 or more....

About your answer... Yes... in thos products I can see no coments about limited bandwidth each channel... but I can see that kind of description in so many other hdmi 2.0 with 18gbps (total).... like for example.... https://www.amazon.com/Portta-Switch.../dp/B075G9HH6F

In that product you can read "Support 600MHz/6Gbps per channel (18Gbps all channels) bandwidth".... I have read this kind of description in more or less 90% of hdmi 2.0 switches..... so maybe those where I cannot see that description.... are also limited but it is omitted inside specs... ¿?

Is there real HDMI 2.0 switches were all inputs and the output are 18 gbps each ¿?¿? those links you had posted are real 18 each channel... or maybe this limitation is omitted in specs ¿?

Thanks !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-17-2019, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istarth View Post
Yes I am looking 3x1 or more....

About your answer... Yes... in thos products I can see no coments about limited bandwidth each channel... but I can see that kind of description in so many other hdmi 2.0 with 18gbps (total).... like for example.... https://www.amazon.com/Portta-Switch.../dp/B075G9HH6F

In that product you can read "Support 600MHz/6Gbps per channel (18Gbps all channels) bandwidth".... I have read this kind of description in more or less 90% of hdmi 2.0 switches..... so maybe those where I cannot see that description.... are also limited but it is omitted inside specs... ¿?

Is there real HDMI 2.0 switches were all inputs and the output are 18 gbps each ¿?¿? those links you had posted are real 18 each channel... or maybe this limitation is omitted in specs ¿?

Thanks !!!!
I wouldn't bother to save 10 or 20 bucks to buy from a company that isn't completely clear on their advertising, and I would test everything before the 30-day money back policy expires with Amazon purchases.

6Gb/s per channel is accurate for Red/Green/Blue all being separate channels, totally 18Gb/s. So, it likely is just the poor Chinese to English conversion process which makes things more confusing than they should be.

Specifications should be simple: Every input supports full 18Gb/s, HDMI 2.0, and HDCP 2.2

Then you return it if it doesn't.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page