HDMI Cables with ProGrip Connectors - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Joe Fernand

post #1 of 6 Old 10-23-2019, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
HDMI Cables with ProGrip Connectors

We have recently been using HDMI cables from a company called Comprehensive Cable for our conference room installations. They are a bit more expensive than standard cables, but are very well constructed with the primary appeal being the 'ProGrip' connectors that they use. The supposedly withstand 16 lbs of force and can say that they have a very tight fit with little worry of them coming loose. The pricing, available lengths and availability are a bit erratic and all over the map. Does anyone know of another cable manufacturer/brand that uses these same connectors?

https://www.comprehensiveco.com/pro-...3ft-black.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-23-2019, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3520 Post(s)
Liked: 2540
Quote:
Originally Posted by centurymantra View Post
We have recently been using HDMI cables from a company called Comprehensive Cable for our conference room installations. They are a bit more expensive than standard cables, but are very well constructed with the primary appeal being the 'ProGrip' connectors that they use. The supposedly withstand 16 lbs of force and can say that they have a very tight fit with little worry of them coming loose. The pricing, available lengths and availability are a bit erratic and all over the map. Does anyone know of another cable manufacturer/brand that uses these same connectors?

https://www.comprehensiveco.com/pro-...3ft-black.html
Why do you need the "ProGrip"? If the cable is well made and installed correctly (no undue strain on the HDMI input) then you shouldn't need them. What length are you using?

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-24-2019, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Why do you need the "ProGrip"? If the cable is well made and installed correctly (no undue strain on the HDMI input) then you shouldn't need them. What length are you using?
Otto I disagree. I have one HDMI port on a video card that the weight of the HDMI cable pulls the cable loose. The usual suggested solution is Loctite FUN-TAK mounting putty. Apparently, you have not encountered this problem.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
Display: LG OLED 65e6p, Player: OPPO UDP-203, AVR:Yamaha TSR 7810, Streaming: Comcast 60Mbps RG6 to Cat6a, Speakers: Mains Vandersteen IIC, Center, Surrounds, Rears Klipsch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-24-2019, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3520 Post(s)
Liked: 2540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmoderndesign View Post
Otto I disagree. I have one HDMI port on a video card that the weight of the HDMI cable pulls the cable loose. The usual suggested solution is Loctite FUN-TAK mounting putty. Apparently, you have not encountered this problem.
No, I have never encountered that issue but I do recognize that it exists for some. I've never had to use heavy gauge cables that would put strain on the input. I guess that's the beauty of active cables or active hybrid fiber cables because the wire gauge is small and exerts almost not strain at all on the input.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-24-2019, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 345
PPC (a Belden brand) had its Perfect Path locking connector as far back as 2012 - didn't make much of an impact on the market. Locking HDMI are great - until you cant unlock them, which can happen with some sockets when you insert the locking connectors.

https://www.ppc-online.com/hdmi-connectivity

Joe

Octava Inc. Multi-cast HD over LAN solutions.

RuiPro UK and EU Sales and Support

The Media Factory. Residential and Commercial systems.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-25-2019, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand View Post
PPC (a Belden brand) had its Perfect Path locking connector as far back as 2012 - didn't make much of an impact on the market. Locking HDMI are great - until you cant unlock them, which can happen with some sockets when you insert the locking connectors.

https://www.ppc-online.com/hdmi-connectivity

Joe
Excellent...thanks for the info. I will look into these cables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page