ITD Itanda HDMI Cables - anyone tried them? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-09-2019, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
ITD Itanda HDMI Cables - anyone tried them?

I can't use links yet (too new) - but I found them on Amazon. Great ratings, better pricing than the Fiber HDMI at monoprice by a good margin.
I need a 25' & 30' run in my set up.
I saw the test document on here, but this brand wasn't in there so I'm still scratching my head.

Thanks...
MustGoFast is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 11-10-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 15,319
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3570 Post(s)
Liked: 2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustGoFast View Post
I can't use links yet (too new) - but I found them on Amazon. Great ratings, better pricing than the Fiber HDMI at monoprice by a good margin.
I need a 25' & 30' run in my set up.
I saw the test document on here, but this brand wasn't in there so I'm still scratching my head.

Thanks...
Itanda is a company owned and created by a Chinese firm based in Hong Kong and Anaheim, CA. Their active cables support HDMI 2.0 and while they claim slightly faster bandwidth than 18Gbps, HDMI 2.0 is standardized to 18Gbps so any "extra" bandwidth is basically useless. There are lots of fiber and hybrid fiber cables coming to market now so ARROW-AV doesn't have the time, resources, or inclination to evaluate any "new-comers". It would appear that 25' is the max length sold directly from Itanda. They do make quite a few other products besides HDMI cables. As with other active cables, they do not recommend using adapters, switches, wall plates, etc. All you can do is try. However, if you need to go longer than 25', I'd look to a true hybrid fiber cable like the Ruipro4k. They are expensive, no doubt, but they also have received very good reviews from actual users here on AVS.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Otto Pylot is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 11-11-2019, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
It would appear that 25' is the max length sold directly from Itanda. They do make quite a few other products besides HDMI cables. As with other active cables, they do not recommend using adapters, switches, wall plates, etc. All you can do is try. However, if you need to go longer than 25', I'd look to a true hybrid fiber cable like the Ruipro4k.
The one I was looking at seems to be a true fiber cable, does it not? They are offerred in lengths up to 100' but since I posted this it appears they all went out of stock now
I liked the 30' I was looking at for $65 though in concept.
MustGoFast is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 Old 11-11-2019, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 15,319
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3570 Post(s)
Liked: 2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustGoFast View Post
The one I was looking at seems to be a true fiber cable, does it not? They are offerred in lengths up to 100' but since I posted this it appears they all went out of stock now
I liked the 30' I was looking at for $65 though in concept.
"True" was confusing so I apologize for that. There are glass fiber cables and polymer fiber cables. Glass is considered better. Fiber can indeed go considerably longer than 25' but glass fiber cores surrounded by solid copper wiring (hence the term hybrid) is what is going to give you reliability (longevity) and be able to handle higher video/audio standards better. eARC is a hot topic now but like ARC, there are still issues at longer lengths. I would go ahead and try the cable you are looking at and see if that meets your expectations. If it does and meets your price point, you're good to go.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Otto Pylot is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 11-11-2019, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
"True" was confusing so I apologize for that. There are glass fiber cables and polymer fiber cables. Glass is considered better. Fiber can indeed go considerably longer than 25' but glass fiber cores surrounded by solid copper wiring (hence the term hybrid) is what is going to give you reliability (longevity) and be able to handle higher video/audio standards better. eARC is a hot topic now but like ARC, there are still issues at longer lengths. I would go ahead and try the cable you are looking at and see if that meets your expectations. If it does and meets your price point, you're good to go.
Thanks - sadly that one went out of stock after I posted it - but I found some good reviews for the Mavis at a similar price point so I figure I can order it, try it out, and if it doesn't work send it back and buy the branded ones at twice the price. If things work then I just saved a hundred bucks.
MustGoFast is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 11-11-2019, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 15,319
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3570 Post(s)
Liked: 2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustGoFast View Post
Thanks - sadly that one went out of stock after I posted it - but I found some good reviews for the Mavis at a similar price point so I figure I can order it, try it out, and if it doesn't work send it back and buy the branded ones at twice the price. If things work then I just saved a hundred bucks.
Be careful with the Mavis cable. They are VERY similar to the Ruipro cables in looks and marketing. One could say they are a knock-off. I've seen the connector ends taken apart and compared, and the build quality and components of the Ruipro cable are noticeably superior. The Mavis cable will probably work but as to reliability, it's anyone's guess.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Otto Pylot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off