recommendations for good 3-5 port HDMI switch - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-16-2019, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
thadoggfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 103
recommendations for good 3-5 port HDMI switch

open to a decent 3-in-1 powered by the HDMI port on the tv, or more if there's more ports but I think I've only seen those in up to 3 ports. something like this if it were in stock:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...5MWF4331ZH0HVG

or a 3-5 port that is wall powered. remote not required in either case by any means

will be going to an LG C6 OLED

will probably be hooking up a rotation of " some game systems (non-4k: dreamcast dchdmi, rad2x Saturn, mini genesis), maybe a Sony 1080p blu ray player, Wii U, ps3, retrotink2x for my svideo and component retro systems, etc.

no 4k stuff, I'll just hook my ps4 pro up directly to my tv. no 4k stuff I want to feed this splitter period.


thanks !

don't want to spend a ton, but don't want a total piece of junk


LG 65EG9600-UB 602
LG 55C6P 702

Last edited by thadoggfather; 12-16-2019 at 09:40 PM.
thadoggfather is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 Old 01-20-2020, 04:18 AM
Senior Member
 
sdowney717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
open to a decent 3-in-1 powered by the HDMI port on the tv, or more if there's more ports but I think I've only seen those in up to 3 ports. something like this if it were in stock:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...5MWF4331ZH0HVG

or a 3-5 port that is wall powered. remote not required in either case by any means

will be going to an LG C6 OLED

will probably be hooking up a rotation of " some game systems (non-4k: dreamcast dchdmi, rad2x Saturn, mini genesis), maybe a Sony 1080p blu ray player, Wii U, ps3, retrotink2x for my svideo and component retro systems, etc.

no 4k stuff, I'll just hook my ps4 pro up directly to my tv. no 4k stuff I want to feed this splitter period.


thanks !

don't want to spend a ton, but don't want a total piece of junk
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I got this one and it works good. It will switch 4 sources and extract audio, it also passes audio back out it HDMI out port, meaning you don't lose audio that was extracted. I get audio still coming out the output HDMI. Plus its pretty updated on its specifications while not too expensive.
sdowney717 is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 01-20-2020, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
thadoggfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdowney717 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I got this one and it works good. It will switch 4 sources and extract audio, it also passes audio back out it HDMI out port, meaning you don't lose audio that was extracted. I get audio still coming out the output HDMI. Plus its pretty updated on its specifications while not too expensive.
awesome thanks maybe I will pick this one up then!

I don't have to worry about it damaging my TV somehow?


LG 65EG9600-UB 602
LG 55C6P 702
thadoggfather is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 4 Old 01-21-2020, 04:39 AM
Senior Member
 
sdowney717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
awesome thanks maybe I will pick this one up then!

I don't have to worry about it damaging my TV somehow?
I have been using it for a month on my Westinghouse 41" and no problems. I have it connected to a DVD player, Firetv stick, HTPC with Nvidia card with the switch switching between these 3.
sdowney717 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off