10 k hdmi cables - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 30 Old 02-18-2020, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
10 k hdmi cables

Can I substitute the Bifale cable for the bullet train cable, it's much cheaper!

8K Fiber HDMI Cable 50ft, BIFALE HDMI 2.1 Fiber Optic Cable Support [email protected], [email protected], 48Gbps, eARC, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision Compatible with Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, Roku, QLED 8K Q900 TV
by BIFALE

Bullet Train 10K 15 Meter HDMI Cable

I need this cable to hook up my new
MARANTZ AV7705 PRE AMP/ PROCESSOR

Keep climbing the equipment ladder, the exercise will help you live longer because you'll never reach the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 02-18-2020, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1519 Post(s)
Liked: 2306
@krab, why such a high priced HDMI cable? IS 8K your objective?
post #3 of 30 Old 02-18-2020, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
@krab, why such a high priced HDMI cable? IS 8K your objective?
Yes, I want 8 k hdmi cable for the best possible picture.
This Bifale cable is $170.00 at amazon.

lizrussspike thanks forthe response.

Keep climbing the equipment ladder, the exercise will help you live longer because you'll never reach the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 02-18-2020, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

But you have an e-shift projector correct? I have not used that cable, so I cannot comment on that. I do own the 33ft RUIPRO fiber and it is great. Good thing with Amazon, is free returns if it does not meet your need.
post #5 of 30 Old 02-18-2020, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3976 Post(s)
Liked: 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by krab View Post
Yes, I want 8 k hdmi cable for the best possible picture.
This Bifale cable is $170.00 at amazon.

lizrussspike thanks forthe response.

The cable is just the data pipe. HDMI cables can not make greens any greener or reds any redder, regardless of the mfr's claims. There are no truly validated cables on the market yet that meet all of the HDMI 2.1 option sets. It's the HDMI chipsets on the source and sink end that determine, in part, of what you get. HDMI 2.0 is standardized around 18Gbps and unless you have source and sink devices that have been validated for the HDMI 2.1 options sets (48Gbps) all you're going to be able to transmit is data at 18Gbps and utilize the protocols that are standardized around HDMI 2.0.

50' is gonna be tough for any cable but the recommendation would be to use a hybrid fiber cable (Ruipro4k) because those are tested by an ATC to meet all of the HDMI 2.0 options using methods and instrumentation approved by HDMI.org. They are active so they can not be certified and receive the QR label for authenticity because HDMI.org does not allow for the certification of active cables, yet.

If you're trying to future proof your cabling the ONLY way to do that is to run your long cable runs in a conduit. That way, as video standards increase and cables attempt to keep up, it makes upgrading your cabling easier and safer. 4k HDR can be very finicky with its cable connection so you're best off to use a single cable, source to sink, with no wall plates, extenders, adapters, etc. in-between.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #6 of 30 Old 02-18-2020, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
The cable is just the data pipe. HDMI cables can not make greens any greener or reds any redder, regardless of the mfr's claims. There are no truly validated cables on the market yet that meet all of the HDMI 2.1 option sets. It's the HDMI chipsets on the source and sink end that determine, in part, of what you get. HDMI 2.0 is standardized around 18Gbps and unless you have source and sink devices that have been validated for the HDMI 2.1 options sets (48Gbps) all you're going to be able to transmit is data at 18Gbps and utilize the protocols that are standardized around HDMI 2.0.

50' is gonna be tough for any cable but the recommendation would be to use a hybrid fiber cable (Ruipro4k) because those are tested by an ATC to meet all of the HDMI 2.0 options using methods and instrumentation approved by HDMI.org. They are active so they can not be certified and receive the QR label for authenticity because HDMI.org does not allow for the certification of active cables, yet.

If you're trying to future proof your cabling the ONLY way to do that is to run your long cable runs in a conduit. That way, as video standards increase and cables attempt to keep up, it makes upgrading your cabling easier and safer. 4k HDR can be very finicky with its cable connection so you're best off to use a single cable, source to sink, with no wall plates, extenders, adapters, etc. in-between.
I will try the Bifale cable first and if it doesn't meet my needs I'll try the Ruipro4k. No problem Amazon sells both!

post #7 of 30 Old 02-18-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I will try the Bifale cable first and if it doesn't meet my needs I'll try the Ruipro4k. No problem Amazon sells both!
Bifale may work as it is a "copy" of the Ruipro design. I've seen the connector ends disassembled from a Ruipro cable and other similar hybrid fiber cables. The quality of the build and the number of components used in the other cables is not even close to the Ruipro cables. Just keep in mind that 50' active cables may have issues with projector HDMI inputs because of the inputs not delivering a consistent enough current to the chipsets in the sink end of the cable. Sometimes a voltage inserter is needed. No cable mfr can offer a 100% guarantee that their cable is going to work with all devices and setups so it's still trial and error.

post #8 of 30 Old 02-18-2020, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Bifale may work as it is a "copy" of the Ruipro design. I've seen the connector ends disassembled from a Ruipro cable and other similar hybrid fiber cables. The quality of the build and the number of components used in the other cables is not even close to the Ruipro cables. Just keep in mind that 50' active cables may have issues with projector HDMI inputs because of the inputs not delivering a consistent enough current to the chipsets in the sink end of the cable. Sometimes a voltage inserter is needed. No cable mfr can offer a 100% guarantee that their cable is going to work with all devices and setups so it's still trial and error.
I took your advice and went with the Ruipro4k and I saved 25 bucks!

post #9 of 30 Old 02-18-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I took your advice and went with the Ruipro4k and I saved 25 bucks!
Hopefully the Ruipro will meet your needs. Just remember there are no guarantees, especially with 4k HDR at 50' and projectors. Good luck.

post #10 of 30 Old 02-19-2020, 03:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@krab, I have used the Ruipro for over 2 years and not 1 issue. I thinks that you will be satisfied.
post #11 of 30 Old 02-19-2020, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
@krab, I have used the Ruipro for over 2 years and not 1 issue. I thinks that you will be satisfied.
Thanks

post #12 of 30 Old 02-19-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Ditto. I've been using the Ruipro4k cables (short length) on my system for quite some time now and they perform as well as Premium High Speed HDMI cables. I have an evaluation here on the forum somewhere but I don't have the link on hand at the moment.

post #13 of 30 Old 05-08-2020, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone - Im in a bit of a pickle and need some advice. I had my contractor install a 33’ 8K, BIFALE HDMI 2.1 Fiber Optic Cable. I should have tested the cable bf the walls were up. Which is stupid of me i know. But now that it’s in when I connect to the projector, there is no picture, screen just goes dark, then blue, then dark again in a cycle. What I cant figure out is whether the issue that my projector is too old - Sony VS70. Or that the cable was damaged, or something else entirely. I got this cable for future proofing and it would stink if it was a waste of money and I’ll now need to spend extra to run a new cable. Thoughts?
post #14 of 30 Old 05-08-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da1817 View Post
Hi everyone - Im in a bit of a pickle and need some advice. I had my contractor install a 33’ 8K, BIFALE HDMI 2.1 Fiber Optic Cable. I should have tested the cable bf the walls were up. Which is stupid of me i know. But now that it’s in when I connect to the projector, there is no picture, screen just goes dark, then blue, then dark again in a cycle. What I cant figure out is whether the issue that my projector is too old - Sony VS70. Or that the cable was damaged, or something else entirely. I got this cable for future proofing and it would stink if it was a waste of money and I’ll now need to spend extra to run a new cable. Thoughts?

First of all, there is no such thing as an "HDMI 2.1" cable. If the cable was certified for the HDMI 2.1 option sets, which there is no indication on the Amazon site that it is, it should be labeled as Ultra High Speed HDMI. That makes the cable questionable. BIFALE does not have a good reputation.

The cable is an active cable so it can only be installed one-way. There should be markings on the connector ends that indicate Source and Sink (TV).

The ONLY way to future proof is to install your cable in a conduit so you can easily upgrade or swap out your cable as your needs change. Video technology will always outpace connection technology, and there is just no way of knowing that once we all upgrade to shiny new HDMI 2.1 devices that support all of the option sets that the cables installed today will work adequately then. Hence conduit (unless you have easy access to your cabling).

HDMI is still standardized around HDMI 2.0 (18Gbps). So even if you had a cable that was actually certified for 48Gbps, the HDMI chipset at either end are HDMI 2.0 (18Gbps). The cable is just the data pipe. It's the HDMI chipsets at the source and sink end that determine what you can get and utilize, and both chipsets should be on the same version or build of HDMI 2.1 for full compatibility.

The most reliable connection is a single cable, source to sink, with no wall plates, adapters, extenders, etc in-between. This is especially true for active cables, whether you are pushing HD (1080) or 4k HDR.

There are quite a few reported issues with projectors and active cables at distances longer than about 25'. It's possibly related to current output at the HDMI port. If that's the case, then a voltage inserter may alleviate the problem.

At distances longer than 25' the recommendation is a hybrid fiber cable such as the Ruipro4k (HDMI 2.0 option sets). They do have a newly modified 8k cable coming out in a few months as well.

Did you install your cable in a conduit?
Can you see any markings on the connector ends that indicate directionality?
Is this a single, source to sink connection?
Are your source settings correct for what the projector can handle?

post #15 of 30 Old 05-09-2020, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 42
+1 on Otto Pilot's info. What I would do, after confirming the cable was correctly installed, source at PJ, is to grab an old DVD player and connect it where your PJ and a TV directly to the load cable end to eliminate the known difficulty sometimes seen with PJ to active cable connections and junctions/splices.

If that works, and ASSUMING your contractor selected the cable, and ASSUMING wiring continuous from PJ to load, I'd tell him to make his work correct.
post #16 of 30 Old 05-12-2020, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Have you seen a disassembled 2.1 ruipro cable also? Is there a big difference between the 4k 2.0 ruipro and 2.1 ruipro innards?
post #17 of 30 Old 05-12-2020, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2782 Post(s)
Liked: 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyvern6 View Post
Is there a big difference between the 4k 2.0 ruipro and 2.1 ruipro innards?

If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – Albert Einstein
post #18 of 30 Old 05-12-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Have you seen a disassembled 2.1 ruipro cable also? Is there a big difference between the 4k 2.0 ruipro and 2.1 ruipro innards?
@Ratman is just way too funny I have not seen the connector ends disassembled (even though I could do it at home as I have both cable types) but I do know that the new up and coming 8k cables have an upgraded proprietary chip and some other upgrades. Visually they would probably look the same to the naked eye but it's what's underneath the hood that counts.

post #19 of 30 Old 05-12-2020, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2782 Post(s)
Liked: 2796
Quote:
@Ratman is just way too funny
But actually, all jest aside, construction of the product(s) is what is important. Most folks wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the Ruipro 2.0 vs. the 2.1 cable just by looking at the innards (except the designer).

If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – Albert Einstein
post #20 of 30 Old 05-12-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
But actually, all jest aside, construction of the product(s) is what is important. Most folks wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the Ruipro 2.0 vs. the 2.1 cable just by looking at the innards (except the designer).

That is very true. There was a poster in another forum that was claiming that the FeizLink cable was as good as the Ruipro4k cable at half the price by opening up the connectors and comparing them. He even posted pictures. What he fails to understand is that while hybrid fiber cables in general do use a lot of common components, there is also underlying proprietary components (chips) that are not readily visible to the naked eye (hidden underneath other components) that separate similarly constructed cables from Rupro's proprietary design.

post #21 of 30 Old 05-12-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
@Ratman is just way too funny I have not seen the connector ends disassembled (even though I could do it at home as I have both cable types) but I do know that the new up and coming 8k cables have an upgraded proprietary chip and some other upgrades. Visually they would probably look the same to the naked eye but it's what's underneath the hood that counts.
Do you know when the new 2.0 and 2.1 ruipro hdmi cables are coming out? have they said anything? im waiting to buy one.
post #22 of 30 Old 05-12-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Do you know when the new 2.0 and 2.1 ruipro hdmi cables are coming out? have they said anything? im waiting to buy one.

Not for a couple of months. They were working on improving the one I tested but then CV-19 hit and they had to shutdown. Then supply issues etc. How long of a cable do you need?

post #23 of 30 Old 05-12-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Not for a couple of months. They were working on improving the one I tested but then CV-19 hit and they had to shutdown. Then supply issues etc. How long of a cable do you need?
under 9ft. 3-9 ft will be adequate to connect my PC to monitor.
post #24 of 30 Old 05-12-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
under 9ft. 3-9 ft will be adequate to connect my PC to monitor.

Why not use a Premium High Speed HDMI cable? That will work just fine for HDMI 2.0 at 9'. An active hybrid fiber cable at that length is a bit of an overkill, not to mention expensive.

post #25 of 30 Old 05-13-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Why not use a Premium High Speed HDMI cable? That will work just fine for HDMI 2.0 at 9'. An active hybrid fiber cable at that length is a bit of an overkill, not to mention expensive.
Do you know if monoprice 2.1 cables have been ATC tested or just ruipros 2.1 hdmi?
post #26 of 30 Old 05-13-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Do you know if monoprice 2.1 cables have been ATC tested or just ruipros 2.1 hdmi?

The Ruipro4k and 8k (when released) are both tested by Simplay Labs, which is an ATC. However, being as they are active cables they won't get a certification label like the passive cables can. If the cable is listed as "Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable" then at least the connectors should be tested and passed for the HDMI 2.1 options sets, or at least some of them. At any rate, the cable should list which HDMI 2.1 option sets it has been tested for. If you have a link I can take a look.

That being said, there are no real advantages to purchasing a cable that supposedly has been tested for HDMI 2.1 at this point in time. If you're looking at the 48Gbps bandwidth that's really meaningless. And once there are consumer devices with the new HDMI 2.1 chipsets that can utilize the full HDMI 2.1 option sets, the "HDMI 2.1" cable that you buy today might not be sufficient.

post #27 of 30 Old 05-13-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
The Ruipro4k and 8k (when released) are both tested by Simplay Labs, which is an ATC. However, being as they are active cables they won't get a certification label like the passive cables can. If the cable is listed as "Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable" then at least the connectors should be tested and passed for the HDMI 2.1 options sets, or at least some of them. At any rate, the cable should list which HDMI 2.1 option sets it has been tested for. If you have a link I can take a look.

That being said, there are no real advantages to purchasing a cable that supposedly has been tested for HDMI 2.1 at this point in time. If you're looking at the 48Gbps bandwidth that's really meaningless. And once there are consumer devices with the new HDMI 2.1 chipsets that can utilize the full HDMI 2.1 option sets, the "HDMI 2.1" cable that you buy today might not be sufficient.
I will buy for the present being the copper 2.1 ruipro cable under 9ft for the time being until they come out with their new improved 2.1 cable. Money is no problem for me and the copper cable under 9ft is less than 20$ unless you suggest otherwise.
post #28 of 30 Old 05-14-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
I will buy for the present being the copper 2.1 ruipro cable under 9ft for the time being until they come out with their new improved 2.1 cable. Money is no problem for me and the copper cable under 9ft is less than 20$ unless you suggest otherwise.

At under 10', I'd suggest getting a Premium High Speed HDMI cable, with the QR label, from any mfr that offers it. I have not looked at the Ruipro passive cables, only their hybrid fiber cables. A BJC, or Monoprice, or MediaBridge, etc Premium High Speed cable will perform as well as the Ruipro passive cable will. The Ruipro Premium High Speed cable is fine as long as it comes with the QR label. Either way, you can't go wrong with the certified passive cables from anyone.

Why do you want a cable that has been tested for HDMI 2.1? As long as your connecting HDMI 2.0 chipsets that's the best you can do. The cable is just the data pipe. It cannot improve or modify on what the source sends or what the sink can handle. eARC/VRR are possible with the HDMI 2.0 chipsets if that's a concern.

post #29 of 30 Old 05-19-2020, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
earc is possible with HDMI 2.0? I thought that earc "works" with HDMI 2.0, but may not handle Dolby Atmos or DTS:X fully?

Tampa
post #30 of 30 Old 05-19-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2day33611 View Post
earc is possible with HDMI 2.0? I thought that earc "works" with HDMI 2.0, but may not handle Dolby Atmos or DTS:X fully?

Correct. I should have been a bit clearer. eARC is possible with the HDMI 2.0 chipsets but all of the "features" of eARC are only available with the HDMI 2.1 chipsets due to the bandwidth requirements. That being said, there are device mfrs who have upgraded their HDMI 2.0 chipsets to claim "HDMI 2.1 capability" by claiming eARC/VRR functionality. What is needed for these mfrs is to list which HDMI 2.1 option sets are currently available on their devices.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page