10 k hdmi cables - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 02-18-2020, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
10 k hdmi cables

Can I substitute the Bifale cable for the bullet train cable, it's much cheaper!

8K Fiber HDMI Cable 50ft, BIFALE HDMI 2.1 Fiber Optic Cable Support [email protected], [email protected], 48Gbps, eARC, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision Compatible with Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, Roku, QLED 8K Q900 TV
by BIFALE

Bullet Train 10K 15 Meter HDMI Cable

I need this cable to hook up my new
MARANTZ AV7705 PRE AMP/ PROCESSOR

Keep climbing the equipment ladder, the exercise will help you live longer because you'll never reach the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-18-2020, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 2165
@krab, why such a high priced HDMI cable? IS 8K your objective?
post #3 of 12 Old 02-18-2020, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
@krab, why such a high priced HDMI cable? IS 8K your objective?
Yes, I want 8 k hdmi cable for the best possible picture.
This Bifale cable is $170.00 at amazon.

lizrussspike thanks forthe response.

Keep climbing the equipment ladder, the exercise will help you live longer because you'll never reach the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-18-2020, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

But you have an e-shift projector correct? I have not used that cable, so I cannot comment on that. I do own the 33ft RUIPRO fiber and it is great. Good thing with Amazon, is free returns if it does not meet your need.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-18-2020, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3874 Post(s)
Liked: 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by krab View Post
Yes, I want 8 k hdmi cable for the best possible picture.
This Bifale cable is $170.00 at amazon.

lizrussspike thanks forthe response.

The cable is just the data pipe. HDMI cables can not make greens any greener or reds any redder, regardless of the mfr's claims. There are no truly validated cables on the market yet that meet all of the HDMI 2.1 option sets. It's the HDMI chipsets on the source and sink end that determine, in part, of what you get. HDMI 2.0 is standardized around 18Gbps and unless you have source and sink devices that have been validated for the HDMI 2.1 options sets (48Gbps) all you're going to be able to transmit is data at 18Gbps and utilize the protocols that are standardized around HDMI 2.0.

50' is gonna be tough for any cable but the recommendation would be to use a hybrid fiber cable (Ruipro4k) because those are tested by an ATC to meet all of the HDMI 2.0 options using methods and instrumentation approved by HDMI.org. They are active so they can not be certified and receive the QR label for authenticity because HDMI.org does not allow for the certification of active cables, yet.

If you're trying to future proof your cabling the ONLY way to do that is to run your long cable runs in a conduit. That way, as video standards increase and cables attempt to keep up, it makes upgrading your cabling easier and safer. 4k HDR can be very finicky with its cable connection so you're best off to use a single cable, source to sink, with no wall plates, extenders, adapters, etc. in-between.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-18-2020, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
The cable is just the data pipe. HDMI cables can not make greens any greener or reds any redder, regardless of the mfr's claims. There are no truly validated cables on the market yet that meet all of the HDMI 2.1 option sets. It's the HDMI chipsets on the source and sink end that determine, in part, of what you get. HDMI 2.0 is standardized around 18Gbps and unless you have source and sink devices that have been validated for the HDMI 2.1 options sets (48Gbps) all you're going to be able to transmit is data at 18Gbps and utilize the protocols that are standardized around HDMI 2.0.

50' is gonna be tough for any cable but the recommendation would be to use a hybrid fiber cable (Ruipro4k) because those are tested by an ATC to meet all of the HDMI 2.0 options using methods and instrumentation approved by HDMI.org. They are active so they can not be certified and receive the QR label for authenticity because HDMI.org does not allow for the certification of active cables, yet.

If you're trying to future proof your cabling the ONLY way to do that is to run your long cable runs in a conduit. That way, as video standards increase and cables attempt to keep up, it makes upgrading your cabling easier and safer. 4k HDR can be very finicky with its cable connection so you're best off to use a single cable, source to sink, with no wall plates, extenders, adapters, etc. in-between.
I will try the Bifale cable first and if it doesn't meet my needs I'll try the Ruipro4k. No problem Amazon sells both!

post #7 of 12 Old 02-18-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I will try the Bifale cable first and if it doesn't meet my needs I'll try the Ruipro4k. No problem Amazon sells both!
Bifale may work as it is a "copy" of the Ruipro design. I've seen the connector ends disassembled from a Ruipro cable and other similar hybrid fiber cables. The quality of the build and the number of components used in the other cables is not even close to the Ruipro cables. Just keep in mind that 50' active cables may have issues with projector HDMI inputs because of the inputs not delivering a consistent enough current to the chipsets in the sink end of the cable. Sometimes a voltage inserter is needed. No cable mfr can offer a 100% guarantee that their cable is going to work with all devices and setups so it's still trial and error.

post #8 of 12 Old 02-18-2020, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Bifale may work as it is a "copy" of the Ruipro design. I've seen the connector ends disassembled from a Ruipro cable and other similar hybrid fiber cables. The quality of the build and the number of components used in the other cables is not even close to the Ruipro cables. Just keep in mind that 50' active cables may have issues with projector HDMI inputs because of the inputs not delivering a consistent enough current to the chipsets in the sink end of the cable. Sometimes a voltage inserter is needed. No cable mfr can offer a 100% guarantee that their cable is going to work with all devices and setups so it's still trial and error.
I took your advice and went with the Ruipro4k and I saved 25 bucks!

post #9 of 12 Old 02-18-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I took your advice and went with the Ruipro4k and I saved 25 bucks!
Hopefully the Ruipro will meet your needs. Just remember there are no guarantees, especially with 4k HDR at 50' and projectors. Good luck.

post #10 of 12 Old 02-19-2020, 03:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@krab, I have used the Ruipro for over 2 years and not 1 issue. I thinks that you will be satisfied.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-19-2020, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
@krab, I have used the Ruipro for over 2 years and not 1 issue. I thinks that you will be satisfied.
Thanks

post #12 of 12 Old 02-19-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Ditto. I've been using the Ruipro4k cables (short length) on my system for quite some time now and they perform as well as Premium High Speed HDMI cables. I have an evaluation here on the forum somewhere but I don't have the link on hand at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page