I have a dedicated home theater and ran 50' of in-wall HDMI cable. I do have a conduit, so I can replace the cable easily - just knowing how easily an HDMI cable can fail, or go out of date.
This is the cable I used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013SPOBX0...018DS1PZO?th=1
It's hooked up to a JVC X570 Projector at one end. A Marantz 7702 MK2 processor at the other.
I can't seem to get it to work. I've tested with an Apple TV.
- The Marantz produces a picture through the 50', but it's only 480p
- When the Apple TV is hooked up to the processor via the 50', there's no picture (and the Apple TV is only set up for 1080p right now, projector supports 4k HDR signal)
- When the Apple TV is plugged in DIRECTLY to the projector via the 50', there's no picture
- The Apple TV hooked up to the projector with a short cable is fine
So I've concluded it's likely this long run.
I tried this from Best Buy, and it did not work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013SPOBX0...018DS1PZO?th=1
So I figure I have a few options:
- Get a better repeater. Any recommendations would be great.
- Get a shorter cable. It will be a pain to rerun through the conduit so I'd love to avoid this. But I could probably go down to 40'. I had quite a bit of excess cable in the closet where the gear is.
Any recommendations would be great!